come play

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by chrono, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Wait are you being serious with the dog collars?

Vicki is playing the free market?

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

If alcaurd figure selling works, why wouldn't bedazzled dog collars.
    There is a higher demand for these because it has a practical use, and its use is to pussify any fucking animal it touches.

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I dare say that it's shoddy logic there incedible lack of foresight.

Also, whats that "you need to know to code in x to make suggestions now" shit about. I have shit knowledge of coding, and even I can see that it probably only needs to replace current 2 parameters with 2 or 5 new ones (depending on if empires has a generic round ends or specific "be cv kill", "nf map objective completed" etc) and also switching what rtv does.
    The only thing that would needed to be changed in game is probably the chill time after round ends, as to make sure people have ample time to vote and see the result. (assuming that there is a variable controlling that) A grand total of one command with a new value. So hard.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

so the conclusion would be put up a server give everyone admin there and let them abuse eachother?

5. BigTeef

Explain how you came to that conclusion.
    Because that doesn't make any sense nor do I see a connection.

6. flasche

competitive sales - since the service itself is free you can only compete with more features. and why abuse seems the killer feature should be evident ...

also a funny thing i just realized. if you hand out admins to everyone, they actually couldnt abuse eachother much if they are on the same level. maybe its not such bad idea after all ^^

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  7. BigTeef

compete meaning player count

8. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Well, people complained about sitting through a round only to realize that the following map was also going to be shit, so they gave up on sitting through maps they didn't care for because of it. To be honest, it seems that people will complain either way about it. They complained how it was before, and now later a different group of people are complaining that they want it back.

I can understand people holding that viewpoint for some suggestions, but I find it hard to understand how people can think that way when the precedent exists for the feature, albeit that precedent is several years old and I know there's definitely been some trouble with the voting plugin over that time period.

Seriously though, does no one else remember that this was how it used to be on one of the servers? I can't remember which one because it was fuckever ago, but it definitely was like that before.

9. flasche

hmm i understood that differently, but well i wasnt serious anyway so what ...

... and left the server and eventually empires. my story :(

10. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Isn't AZK paying for the entirety of Viper now? (correct me if I'm wrong) And even if she was no longer a finical contributor, that does not mean that the one who is paying for the server will have 100% complete control of it since she has invested a lot of time and money into it over the years, and will not simply give it away like that.

Sure anyone can start a new server. Chances of that someone getting the server to be on the same level as Viper, let alone have it running at and acceptable state are super super slim. Rawr was very close to achieving this with G server, but people didn't give him a few extra days to configure it to run smoother and cried to necro Viper back.

11. BigTeef

My dad had a truck and he has spent 15 years driving it and he would never give it away or sell it, it was in great condition and he worked as a mechanic for a living after his contracting business ran out of projects.

Some dude came up to him and offered to pay 35 thousand and he sold it in a heart beat.

Everyone has a price, and if anyone wants to make serious change then some serious investments will be required.

12. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Do I hear a Viper auction going down?

Who'll give thousand dollars, can we get I a thousand? One thousand dollar bid, now two, now three. Three thousand dollar bid now five, now ten, NOW TWENTY. HOW ABOUT ABOUT TWENTY GRAND? SOLD! TO NOBODY BECAUSE EVERYONE PLAYING EMPIRES ARE BROKE FAGS.

True story.

13. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I chuckled a bit.

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The joke behind that was that trickster doesn't play empires anymore.

heh.

15. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

That there is Post of the Month December 2013, Grant.

16. BigTeef

I think her settlement would be a few hundred.

17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I honestly don't remember anyone saying anything about having to sit through a shit map. If that was the case like 2-3 years ago, then I see no reason for just not dropping if you realy hate current maps guts. Empires back then was still decently populated, there was no issue of server being completely empty.

I dont really know what you are getting at in the second paragraph? What precedent? As in there was a system back-when that didnt quite work? I have a *faint* recollection of some complaints about some old voting systems, but i doubt they were related to the time of vote. I remembet two compain.s 1) maplists started at 1 and people couldnt revote. 2)you could infinitely loop money district and rainbowroad. Both of those are fixed *somewhat * as of now.

18. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I was referring to how you mentioned people bringing up complexity of implementation, and was agreeing that although sometimes there are suggestions that people should realize are nearly impossible to implement, this is not one of them because there is a precedent in that at one point, there was a system that had the voting happen at the end of the round. The fact that it existed at one point is sufficient to show that implementation is not excessively complex and is definitely possible.

Thus, a precedent exists.

19. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I better had. It is a 3 way split, has been for a while, between Vicki, Roor & myself. Before that Vicki & Craig I believe.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

was it like that before? i used to think it wasn't possible to do a mapvote at the end of the round for some reason. i feel like it would've been the norm if it was possible