come play

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by chrono, Nov 30, 2013.

1. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Haven't played in too long due to terrible playercount of between 0 & 10.
    Need to fix this, will arrange something soon, keep your eyes peeled on the forums.
    Not sure when I will get around to it, but certainly in the next couple of days

2. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

3. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Didn't empires win one year? or rather it got 3rd place in like 2008 I think right?

4. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Empires reached the third place in 2007 (2.0 release year) and an honorable mention in the year after.
    The sniffs.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

6. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

So any god fresh Source mods out there?

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

There are a bunch of standalone horror ones that have some hype around them.

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

so... lets all vote empires in and then listen to all the rage as people try to install it and get total fails. :whistle:

9. Sitka

Sitka Member

Empires 2.41

bitch

10. chrono

chrono Member

im with viroman.

an attitude change of the admins torwards "nice" in viper would be the fix. im not going back there.
    i really wish people will come to other servers rather then that one

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  11. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Unfortunately a change of attitude of nearly the entire playerbase of the past 2 years towards "nice" would be quite good. In an ideal world all new players are treated like royalty but that tree has no bark left on it. If you feel you've been unfairly treated by a Viper admin please report it on the Viper forum @ www.empires-server.com

12. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

13. chrono

chrono Member

report it? to the same admins that behave like crap to everyone?
    bad admins will give excuses against reports, and never see their errors.

and who said anything about new players? i didnt say anything about new players. i guess you already know where is your problem even without me saying? thats also states that although knowing it you wouldnt bother to change it.
    but since YOU brought it up, your exaturation of "royality" is not logical, loughable, and irrelevant. and what the hell does "ideal world" has anything to with this? equal treatment is a very sane behaviour torwards new players. and i wasnt any newcommer. and the un-nicestness does not refer just to newcommers or admin capability abuses. some of them just ignore people. someone just didnt like me even though i didnt really do anything to upset...and so on. they are bitter, ignorant, unwelcoming, and rarely politely listen (or listen at all). its ok if they are regular players...but as admins, it really IS a reason to drop off the server.
    its weird though. in these forums, only welcoming people i see here...i guess vipers are not in this forum actively. and i guess i was also with the wrong crowed :\
    as i recall, a-z-k was amongst the few that were ok...then again, it was quite a while ago. i might be wrong.

i am not the only one that have spoken about this. just browse the forum a bit and ull find
    the real solution is to change. not ask someone to report it. and since you already aware of your newcommers treatment problem, reporting it wouldn't help untill you'll change.

...but thats never going to happen

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The newfag fits in.

15. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

First, watch your damn mouth. A-z-K isn't telling you to fuck off and he isn't being an asshole, he's trying to be helpful. Compared to how things are currently, it would be a pretty fuckin' ideal world. If you're trying to get anything done, being an ass to one of the people who is trying to help you is going to get your nowhere fast.

Secondly, believe it or not, reporting things does make a difference. There's been a number of people who've lost admin due to enough people complaining to Vicki about it. I've seen it happen so it's not just pie in the sky.

Third, you're damn fuckin' right. Seriously, the community is both Empires greatest problem and it's one saving grace at the same time. Almost makes me regret not accepting the offer of being a VIPER admin way back when, but it's still something I'm not certain I'd've been able to do unbiasedly. Still don't know why "certain" people got admin, and I still don't know why they're still admins.

16. BigTeef

Now he just needs a teef quote and avatar.

Guys, candles is angry.
    I'm scared....

17. chrono

chrono Member

what is "an ideal world" again? like an unrealistic world that doesnt exsits where people are treated in a sane way? id say im not getting near server with that vision. and how the hell tellin me that newcommers getting a regular treatment is a fantasy world, help? that only indicates the person doesnt even see it is out of place in the real world.
    as for your optimism about reporting - MOST people WILL NOT report, as they dont fancy wasting their time reporting, and rather just have fun playing other games.
    also, i have no clue what you mean...NO clue. where did i curse a-z-k? where did i post that he tells someone to fuck off? where did i say he is an asshole? whewre did a-z-k tried to help me? where did i needed of any help? how am i "an ass" for speaking my mind? what was i trying to get done?
    i am ALSO very confused about you both agreeing with me AND telling me kind of "hold myself"

this ...totally madness

probebly misread my post. i really wish you will FULLY THOROULY read my posts if you consider responding seriously.

18. BigTeef

Candles is a drug addict, which is why we have him coding for empires.
    Because only drug addicts can understand what the fuck the code says.

19. chrono

chrono Member

i actually laugh outloud when you post. literally :)
    you hilarious commenter

20. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

or Chernobyl survivor like MOOtant.