Budget armor, RIP or a new life?

Discussion in 'Under Consideration' started by Sgt.Security, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Budget armour?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2016.
  1. Budget begone!

71.4%
  2. Nooo keep it

28.6%
  1. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, wasn't sure rpg's velocity actually worked because that's a different name then what's in the vehicle weapon but it does work. The strangest thing though, you'd think with abs having basically a flat resist it would do equal damage to all sides of a tank, but it doesn't.

Actually after a bit of testing which side is irrelevant. Can't tell if it's travel time or if simply shooting it at an angle is the cause, maybe even curving the missile?, might be gravity(the most likely answer), but you can do just a tad more damage, or less it's not like I have an exact number to see how much an rpg is doing, but the amount is rather small so it's probably not the hugest of deals.

Does explosion force affect damage? I thought that was simply how much force an explosion puts on objects. It's why nukes can pop up one side of a tank.

2. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

It's not clear to me who stands where on the issue, so I added a poll for a simple yes/no. You can assume that when we remove it, we will change glycencity's armour to something else. (compo?)

3. Lazybum

If it isn't going to be made a passive research then get rid of it, no one will bother actively getting it.

The other option is from a qoute from me.
    For me this isn't a simple yes or no because I do think there's alternatives.

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I don't think anyone opposed and we really don't need two weak&cheap armors.
    If we can't rework Budget into something new, it should be deleted.

If Budget will be passive, I'll drop its hp to 55 and increase the cost/weight to the same values as plain armor.

5. Lazybum

That sounds completely fair. I'll take it.

6. complete_

complete_ lamer

oh, so its about the same rpg damage for both then
    absorbant please

my opinion is for passive research with upgraded chassis if chassis cost is reduced/armor cost raised. otherwise, just remove budget

7. MiamiHeat87

MiamiHeat87 Member

What happened to having Absorbent as being the lightweight armor? It's just as heavy as the rest while Budget is the lightweight one. I was getting familiar with all the new tech stats and it seems like Budget armor is good for APCs with their low weight tolerance. Using any other armor forces you to use minimal armor plating for APCs.

8. Lazybum

Stop looking at plates, the plates mean nothing. For a comparison reactive is 120 a plate and abs is 60, if you have a bunch of leftover wight you could do something with it's wasted, which is why abs is actually one of the worse armor for lights. Abs's weight hasn't been changed in forever either, it's just other armors had their weight lowered or hp increased, or both.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

which is bullshit. plates are the only ingame representation of armor strength. plates should mean everything.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  10. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Just give absorbant and regen 80HP, make all armor have minor angle modifiers to allow for "good hits" like doc suggested, like it used to be.

11. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

is it possible to show 12 layers of plates in the tank GUI while driving? Then we can change the amount of plates a tank can hold and use that to balance a bit better.

12. chernobog

chernobog Member

Wait... Budget Armor is stronger than Plain Armor? That doesn't sound right at all... Plain Armor should be stronger since "plain" indicates that it is standard armor thus why isn't called standard armor? When I hear "budget", first thing comes in my mind that is cheap/cheaper than standard...

13. Neoony

Neoony Member

I think the idea of budget armor was to have a cheap and crap upgraded armor. (better than standard)
    So thats why its better than standard.

14. Ranger

Ranger Member

To me budget armour is like Cast Iron Armour.
    Standard armour is so shit that it's Pure Iron, all shiny and stuff, but so weak that rust can kill your tank.