Balance the Brenodi Rifle already

Discussion in 'General' started by Chew, May 26, 2006.

1. Chew

Chew Member

Its way too good its patheticaly good its better than anything else.

seriously just clone all the weapons to both sides and let player skill decide.

Its boringly too good.

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I don't like clone balancing. It's lazy.

I prefer balance through difference.

3. Gunnery Seargent Hartman

Gunnery Seargent Hartman Member

IMO the NF AR is pretty equivalent to the BE AR.
    NF dealing more damage but heavier kick.

4. Ermm ok!

Ermm ok! Member

I think the dammage is much the same , however the NF recoil is way over that of the BR making it a much less effective weapon at range. To be fair the NF AR is usless on anymap other than district and that other linear one.

I dont play NF very often simply because the AR does not compare to the BR`s. When i do play NF i go scout because its the only effective anti infantry weapon they have.

If the scout rifle is removed then the NF will have no decent anti infantry weapons and i wont play them.

In the interest of game balancing this needs to be changed as it discourages people from playing NF.

5. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

BE rifle = M4.
    NF rifle = AK47.
    NF has more damage, but at a cost of accuracy. I do think that the accuracy could be increased by a little, the kick is pretty crazy on it.

6. Ermm ok!

Ermm ok! Member

Both the guns need to have a comparable effective range. Dammage means nothing if u your bullets arnt hitting anything.

7. dante006

dante006 Member

I have no idea what people are complaining about with these two weapons. They are practically the same thing and both are really easy to use and can get you kills faster than a sniper rifle (ranged rifle).

8. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

look in the scripts to find the differences.

Scout assault rifle is better than both imo.

9. FalconX

FalconX Developer

The recoil needs to be altered though, for most of the guns. With the NF AR it's extremely noticable, because it only ever kicks the gun up. Once that's obvious, aim about an inch below your target and fire continuously. Works nearly every time.

And I actually kindof like the effectiveness of the BE AR.

10. zadarblack

zadarblack Member

personaly i think there should be more weaponry to choose from
    add at least one new gun per class and its would be awesome

example: some new pistol like a 1 shot scooped one *you know like in the game golden eye on n64 lol i know its old but i loved thats pistol* one new rifle on both side *lets say one similar to the NF single shot rifle for be and one high accuracy but lower dmg than the BE assault riffle so you guys can use a accuracy gun* but alway remember BE suposed to have better weaponry and NF better soldiering so in a way i think thats if no gun added maybe change the life of the NF *make it 10% more or something* also maybe make them a bit faster as they suposed to use lots of bioengineered soldier

11. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Not really. The main difference between the sides is that the BE uses nanomachines to enhance their soldiers, and the NF uses genetically engineered bacteria/viruses. They end up having similar effects, but work through different methods.

12. Exo2000

Exo2000 Member

It's at this point someone brings up the argument that;

NF equipment is worse. Hands down, it is worse. They have to make do - the BE get all the nifty high-tech toys. It's (if you'll excuse the comparisons) like the USA (or other 'high-tech' nation) vs. a Middle Eastern country.

NF toys are neither pretty, nor overly effective, but in the end, they do what they're supposed to. BE toys are shinier, better, but almost certainly cost more. (I haven't played much as the NF, so I can't vouch for that)

13. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

If we're going to play that game, why can't we give the NF infantry an innate speed and health boost?

14. TheGreatHegemon

TheGreatHegemon Member

Is there a cone of chance on it? I'd just kick up the recoil on the NF one w/ perfect accuracy and higher damage. Whereas BE has lower damage with lower recoil.

15. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

You guys...learn and adapt.

The recoil on the NF rifle only gives you a certain amount of kick. Aim slightly LOWER then your tagert and you have a better chance of hitting them with the aid of the recoil.

Not hard, people.

16. FLH

FLH Member

As a near full time engineer the NF heavy eng mg is miles better than the BE version and I can hold me own with it long as I sneak close enough so I think the NF *does* have plenty of decent anti inf sidearms *if* used wisely and just going BE all the time because it suits your style is akin to reswhoring to fade 24/7 in NS as you're a loner who can't teamplay....

Both equally useless.

Teamplay, good teamplay can beat most obsticles and if it doesn't then what wrong with being outplayed, better than blaming the weps the other teams has... Plus "woody" is EVIL with the NF rifle so it can't be all bad.

17. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

QFT

Work as a team, win as a team, die as a team.

18. Jimather

Jimather Member

very true. but when you balance something, you add a little more, then a little less untill its just right, i think if anything we need to have a large amount of playtesting with the nf assault rifle being made slightly easier to control, or with the be rifle experiencing much more kick back.

if suddenly the nf rifle starts owning then we know we are close to the balance point with the weapons, then reduce the strength of the nf ar in comparison to be either indirectly or directly etc etc.

if the be rifle still owns we make a balancing decision accordingly.

basically, we should at least experiment with the assault rifle balance, even if its just to prove that it is already balanced.

19. Ermm ok!

Ermm ok! Member

I agree with jimather.

Its no good if one rifle requires more skill to use than the other because people wont want to use it.

There is no argument for the NF AR being so unusable. You have to look out for the best interest of the mod in general. Its important that we encourage a good game balance so that new players are enthused about playing.

If the scout rifle is removed there will be a great imbalance in anti infantry on the NF team which will discourage people (new players especially) from playing them.

There is no point in playing a game in which one team has such an obvious advantage over the other , it isnt at all challenging.

We do not want the game to aquire a reputation for being unbalanced as it will deter people from even trying it.

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  20. Chew

Chew Member

Well ill take the comment that it takes more skill to use the NF rifle, but, Why bother if you can use the Brenodi ?

It is point click, compensate for light recoil kill 4 or 5 people in a clip.

it kills at clip range like this. No questions asked it kills at clip range lol....

Really if all the guns were the same, would it matter? all the vehicles are nealry identicle.

Then the better team would win.