Anyone else dislike the new sabotage?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by communism, May 21, 2009.

1. communism

communism poof

I can't be the only one?
    I was commanding earlier and lost every single one of my refs to a scout tank driver. Which was pretty lame tbh

2. tysonm1

tysonm1 Member

;) Be me, stand in a big area for a few moments, staying still. If you see something move that's sort of shady, don't run to it, just run past it.

If it's a scout, he'll be thinking you didn't see him and just continue on his way. Then just be me and run back around behind him with a heavy machine gun and totally pwnagize his sorry backside. :D Works for me, the only problem is when it's a scout who likes to give a headshot or two.

And if you don't have a machine gun, just beat the crap out of him with your pistol. Happy scouting! :D

3. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I dont dislike the sabotage,I hate it.
    but it feels good when you find the scout and kill him.

4. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I've lost bases a lot of times due that.. The fact that it doesn't give any real warning before all buildings are down to 1hp when you see it.. yay ^^

5. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

I liked the sabotage.
    And it's easy for commander to check the buildings for full health. With a little teamwork you can counter easily sabotage.

Also if you were in a fail team it was fun to sneak out from the last barracks and sabotage all the enemy buildings.

6. ba'al

ba'al Member

Sabotage is fucking overpowered.

7. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Thanks for your insightful comment.:|ove:

8. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Sabotage is a rambo skill that gives one player to much power, remove it.

9. communism

communism poof

I never talked about finding a scout. I'm talking about tank drivers that kill your entire res flow/stray buildings in 2 minutes

If they are in your base sabbing over and over just get enhanced senses and find them

10. Mashav

Mashav Member

You just quoted yourself commy... go to bed

But yes, I think the new scout sabo is powerful enough that it scews the powerlevel of the scout to make him seem better then he is. I've said it before, Remove the DoT and put it on a skill

11. communism

communism poof

I quoted myself since everyone seems to not read that part :/ lol
    And yeah sabotage does exactly that

12. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

yeah i agree commy, in that respect. the base sab isnt really a big deal, it's the lonely refs that make sab OP

make it a skill, problem... not solved...

fuck I got nothing, but it does seem to give one player too much power, especially if they have 3phase or a decent engine.

13. ba'al

ba'al Member

Maybe if we made it into a grenade, with a smaller range than the stiki, and with less capacity (three tops).... I dont know.... just babbling here...

14. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

ya this stuff is ridiculous, shouldnt have to babysit my stuff like that from something that isnt even considered an attack, no notice or anything. And if you go scout with enhanced senses your making a choice right there. Its a choice of 'find the scout?' or 'save the base'. Cause in the time it takes you to find him and kill him then switch back to engy your buildings are fucked. And I dont want to hear any stupid comments "oh just heal the base then switch!" cause every scenario is different this is just generally how it goes.

played another game of isle yesterday, enemy team getting their asses kicked in the SE, but they got afv's with scouts running around and wadda ya know? no refs on the beach level anywhere in the map.

15. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Its OP in its current form. I'd say do one (or more) of the following

1. Making sabbed building icons change color on the minimap
    2. Reduce the DoT affect
    3. Remove the DoT affect from refs/radars
    4. Make sab not disable turrets

I do like that the scout is useful now, but we kinda went from one extreme (scout = useless) to the other (OMG! SCOUT SABBED MY COMM!!!).

16. Thristhart

Thristhart Member

Simply give the attack warnings (We're losing the radar!) when a scout has sabbed. That balances out the rambo aspect and helps make scout into the stealthy battle-charge leader he should be (sneak in, sabb, then your team rushes)

17. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

Why does sabotage do damage over time? It only encourages the sabotage of rear areas and other pointless targets. Without DoT it will make the scout team up with someone who can kill buildings or to spearhead a rush.

18. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

if it had warnings, then it wouldn't be so overpowered.

There was a time when deconstructing the commander was too overpowered because of no commander warnings...

In 1.x, I placed a barracks behind enemy lines and had my guys all go engineer and we rushed their commander deconned him(this is where I coined the term ninjaneer :P ) and it was easy because like I said, no warnings at the time.

A warning system would fix all of this and still leave sabatoge viable because frankly, I like it. It keeps you on your toes and if you don't adapt to it, you lose outright, and that is a fucking awesome gameplay mechanic.

19. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

QFT and also cus it's HSM.

20. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Give refs the option to be fortified (costs 40 res) with walls, "Just out of jumping reach."