Another food, fuck you trickster, I'm back thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Cause theres 20 courses tailored to every kind of person and not every person eats as much. btw did spartacus take over tricksters job?

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

There's a build similar to that market near where I live.

I walk up in there and by like

[​IMG]

when I come out.

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Hungarians have the best salami, they even out salami the Germans, and obviously out salami the Italians who suck at spicing salami (though I prefer Italian sausage to its German counterparts).

tut tut uncultured swine.

This is terrible, 135 euros to be served newspaper and sawdust, and not even 20 pounds of it. Consumerism has really hit an all time low. Why don't you eat real food, around here you can find some bar and grill ran by a local, a real citizen who is a real cook, and for 15 dollars he'll serve you an overflowing plate of fish and chips or steak and chips, and you can't even finish it there's so much food.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Polish sausage best sausage.

5. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

My sausage is best sausage.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

7. Space_Oddity

A narrow cuisine just means you get better at it.

8. Empty

Empty Member

deleted pointlessly inflammatory posts

I don't mind meals being small if they're nice or whatever, but that gallery you linked the food looks ridiculous. There's nothing on those plates and you paid 135 euros for it? that's absurd.

Anyway, restaraunts are all overpriced imo, I can cook nice tasting and looking food at home for way cheaper.

That reminds me, I gotta make some sushi, I still have seaweed in the pantry.

EDIT: what have yall niggas been cooking recently? I've been working too much so I've been stuck on my roommates diet of hot dogs and takeaway which is awful. Gonna cook stirfry tonight and maybe I'll do some kinda soup. Been trying to do a good laksa but I just can't get it right yet.

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I don't cook much actually. I did make a really nice cheesecake and apple cobbler, but haven't bothered much with cooking.

10. Paradox

I understand your point of view but I dont think you understand mine.
    The restaurant I went to isnt one you go to to get feeling of fullness afterwards. Its not about eating as much as you can and it tasting good.
    It's about the food tasting absurdly and ridiculously good which it did. It's about enjoying every bite and understanding the complexity and hard work that was put in it, there was one dish made of some really crispy foam with other stuff on it only the size of lets say a lolly pop which they didnt let me take a picture off, it takes about 50 hours to make 1 of them. This doesnt automaticly mean it tastes good, none of it does but it neither means, and this is what a lot of you imply, its bad tasting food or bad food in general. I paid 135 euros for an experience and amazing tasting and looking food and thats exactly what I got + more. So before all of you start judging and what ever, remember, GO FUCK YOURSELFS

11. Space_Oddity

I'm getting back into batch cooking because I'm spending like half my pay on food so:

Chilli - secret ingredients are cheap drinking chocolate powder for the cocoa and sugar in one go and Marmite for the umami.

Ceylon or Thai curry - fat as fuck but piss easy to make and decent comfort food.

Gumbo - probably going to skip this because the ingredients are finicky and the base is hard to get right.

Calzones - fatterer than fuck but they keep and are easier to store/transport than pizzas. Cram them with sundried tomatoes, ricotta and spinach.

12. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Admittedly, although the individual portions are small, there are 20 of them. I've been to places like that where you get 8, 14, 20 courses and each of them has a very unique texture, flavor and aroma. Oftentimes, the have an individual wine for each course that matches. They're not the type of places to go to when you're hungry or just looking to eat something; they're the sort of place you go to when you want to experience a variety of high-quality dishes.

They're also incredibly difficult to make right. You're shelling out to eat a meal that could easily take over 50 man-hours to make, let alone doing each dish properly.

13. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

So what kind of Asian are you paradox?

14. Empty

Empty Member

I need to look into doing some batch cooking to save myself some dosh and so I can eat nice food at work but eh. Eating the same thing over and over doesn't appeal to me.

Protip: when cooking curry, add a bit of sugar and lemon juice if you got it, or something else slightly sour, not too much though.

Best curries have a mixture of sweet, sour, spicy and salty, most people just put the spiciness and the saltiness in, which is fine but once you get the ratio just right with all 4 it's truly magnificent.

15. Space_Oddity

You're goddamn right. Chilli, lime, ginger and coriander are like the holy quartet for me.

Also:

[​IMG]

99% of cooked breakfasts make me want to barf when actually eaten as an early breakfast (before 10pm), any brotips for decent breakfast that isn't cereal?

16. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Slice of wheat toast
    Slice of bacon
    Fried egg

Tasty sammich for like 200 calories.

17. Paradox

Protip when cooking curry replace sugar with the juice of a fresh orange. not orange juice, the juice of a fresh orange like you would do with lime juice.

18. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Where in Asia are you from?

19. Paradox

How do you not know the answer? China. Like everyone knows that.

20. Empty

Empty Member

I mainly have toast with vegemite on it for breakfast, but most people outside straya can't stand vegemite or marmite or whatever it's called outside here.
    Generally I find I operate best if I start the morning with sugar/carbs, so something like bread/toast or fruit. I'm not a huge fan of eggs for breakfast, but a lot of days I skip it or have 'dinner' as breakfast because I work nightshift so whatever I end up cooking for dinner for me and my roommate ends up technically being my breakfast that day.

Actually now I think about it, you can do tomato on toast which is fucking delicious, slice it thinly and put salt and pepper on and it's fucking great for breckfuss.

never used orange in cooking before, could work but I find OJ you really get the orange flavour really strong compared to the taste of the sweet and sour, whereas lemon juice the sourness is a lot stronger than the lemon smell, if you get what I mean.

I might give it a shot sometime though, could be good. I need to find palm sugar but none of the fucking grocery stores sell it near my house. My dad cooks curry with it and it's the best fucking thing ever.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014