Animations of empires

Discussion in 'General' started by SirSnipes, Dec 16, 2008.

1. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

alright so last time i checked the wanted board therewas athing saying animator wanted, sorry if im wrong the link isnt working for me, but i figured i d want the communitys approval of some animation work before applying to falcon,so anyways here are some animations that ive done for school in the past few weeks

im good with rigging using joints and ik tools in the MOCCA module

A character real of animations http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69ubN_MDHo&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AKMuGM7Lfs a nice charcater semo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1yTZA9vNeY&feature=channel_page a rigged character in animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPIrwVj2K6M&feature=channel a unrigged character in animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbEcUUpGeLY&feature=channel_page tank animation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lATPRz-l4xM&feature=channel_page A jump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeW7ZKFqwEU&feature=channel_page A attack of this character

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LukF9CKVYqg&feature=channel_page A walk cycle

please give m some positive feedbackas whether to bother, i dontwant this becomeing the modelling phiasco again

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

you certainly seem to know what you're doing. Empires is always looking for new talent, so good luck, i hope you get something to do.

3. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

Its hard to tell how good the animations are with all the camera motion.
    The Camera should be stationary, or at most slow movements.

I also assume most the animations needed would involve human and weapons for human.
    Like reloading, firing, rifle at the carry while running, melee, etc.

Have you done any human animation?

Take a rigged, or non rigged human and animate that. As they are a little different then what you have displayed here.

4. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

alright i added a few new films of a new character with still camera animations, hmm i should put up that ork

5. Spooky

Spooky Member

Nice work, too bad the only basic modding skills I have is sound and im working on mapping, but I fail horribly at mapping so its alot of lol.
    If only I could code...

Good luck on getting in. (meant to be positive, it looks negative)

6. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

really we need to see more human animations. still camera too. Lets see some swiming.

7. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

well i just got something from mootant, sounding good,building animations may not be to far off

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

You're marginally worse at it than I am and I've only been doing it for a few weeks.

A few days if you count actual time spent doing anything.

Given that this sort of animation is basically identical to posing in gmod that's not difficult.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  9. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Why don't you make a mounted infantryman in a manable MG turret. Including a firing animation.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

it looks like your cameraman was having a stroke every time your animation was animating, but the animation itself looked nice,

11. teh_ham

teh_ham Member

Didn't you make some jet models a while ago?

12. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

lol thosewere crap, (cept fot that one be one, but the aircraft models are done by megel, who knoes mebe ill animate em, but i already ahve the first animation, that im to work on) tis a secret

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

These are crap as well I'm afraid, nothing arcs, there's no illusion of weight, no timing, no expression, and they aren't of humans.

You need a lot more work.

14. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Are any of those things even human, Chris? For humans, yes, those same animations suck. But, for what those things are, the animations are great.

15. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

no new human animations are needed, tis new guns and building animations

16. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

I smell someone being jealous. Stop being so rude, it's fine if you say such things but don't say things like
    "This and that is crap and shitty and I am far more professional."

Yes, he maybe will not be able to make animations for CRYSIS but it is good, not the best but it is good.

17. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Well, those animations honestly aren't good even for robots, save for the jump. You need to make them look smoother and create an illusion of realistic physics and gravity, which is currently completely missing from all of your animations. Try to work on a simple walking animation and make it look believable. I can animate in Milkshape myself. Creating the basic keyframes with the different poses is quite easy, the hard part is actually working from those basic keyframes to create smooth, natural movement by fine tuning the keyframes inbetween and altering the speed.

18. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yes but the point is that a human animation is the most difficult one, because we are familiar with them and we know if they are wrong, if you can animate a human you can animate anything else.

If you can't animate a human you're pretty useless as an animator.

No it isn't good, and I know it isn't good because I do animation as a subject at university and can do slightly better with little effort.

I did say why it wasn't good, so unless you simply want me to lie and say 'oh yes it's wonderful don't change a thing' you aren't going to get anything more positive out of me.

I'm not jealous of your ability because I'm better at it than you are, this is a portion of my first offering for university, there are lots of things wrong with it but it's still better than yours, it has more realistic motion, and while it's still rather stiff and slightly too slow because I messed up the framerate, it is more like what you need to aim for.

19. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

20. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Looks like those AT fighters in Starwars. Keep on the good work.