Agreement for all populated servers about nukes and rails

Discussion in 'General' started by -Mayama-, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Hell, just removing the two temporarily will help a shitload, it's not like they have any use except as a tool to finish a game that's gone on too long. Without them heavies would just be, well, heavies, instead of nuke/rail platforms.

2. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

I would love to play a game with nukes and rails removed. I think it would be worth trying out to see how different games would be, as balance would be greatly shifted towards ranged and HE cannons and topend missiles. It would certainly mean late game would have a lot more variety than nuke heavies vs rail heavies with everyone overheating, sitting still looking at each other wondering whos going to cool down fast enough to get the next shot off.

It would be nice to see someone running a NO RAILS NO NUKES server, just to try it out.

3. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Try comming and rushing DU APCS into the enemy base. It's impossible for a com to survive. That's overpowered >_>....

4. Empty

Empty Member

Lol, unless the enemy aren't fucking stupid and get stickies and grens.

DU rushes rarely work vs people who can actually use a mortar, the damage is pitiful.

5. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

The DUMG rush usually entails getting reflective/dumg then rushing. Same as just about anything else if you can get 4-5 coordinated people to rush a cv you can usually kill it.

6. Empty

Empty Member

How often do you see that happen nowadays? People keep rushing lvl3s now, so DUAPCs are failsauce.

Hell, if you can coordinate 5 people to get a vehicle each, you deserve to win, because that's a huge feat on a normal resource server.

7. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

I leave for a week and people are getting level 3s? /facepalm Its like people consistently get worse at the game.

8. Empty

Empty Member

DUAPCs aren't exactly the best thing either.

9. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

And the post where I said they were good is...........??? I'm going to have to save /facepalm to clipboard.

10. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I've won 4 games as a comm with du rushes in the last 2 days.

11. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

Just because you won a game does not mean it counts.
    Real games, like leagues/scrims is where real research plays out.
    DU is not worth the research for a rush.

12. recon

recon SM Support Dev

3 Regen / Bio MG / Standard Engine APCs = Dead Enemy Command Vehicle.

13. Empty

Empty Member

Unless they have one ML.

14. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Yeah just because you win with something doesn't make it balanced/awesome/exetera. Give someone who has never played before a rail heavy and a vet a LT. The vet is probably going to win. Balanced? No. It boggles my mind when I come on here and people are like "lol I like totally killed 3 lts with my AFV this one time u guys are just so noob afv/lt are totally balanced!!one!!" /facepalm

15. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Du rushes are quick and cheap ways to end maps when you can't RTV. If enough people on your team want the map to end, it's quite easy in pubs.

In a real match, I agree, it probably wouldn't work...

16. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Almost every weapon in Empires depends on the skill of the person using it.

Theslan is one of the best LT drivers I've ever seen, and he could probably kill any other vehicle, regardless of it's type.

17. Empty

Empty Member

Balance is when you can play a clone of yourself in the opposing vehicle and win 50% of the time [You being yourself, not you AND the clone]

If anyone wants, I can make a quick weapons.txt that removes rails and nukes [and rebalances 3phase and fission]

18. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

Getting stuck on bushes, 9 mining the cv, using the comm vehicle as a deadly vehicular weapon, are all popular options when the server can't RTV

I can't use standard cannons anymore, for some reason I seem to OVERSHOOT the guy instead of undershoot. It seems like the SC got lighter somehow...

19. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Ever heard of knife kills in css?
    It does 50-100 dmg. and it requires skill to be used.

20. o_O

o_O Member

Two engineers can throw up a level 3 turret in like a minute at the most. Those DUMG APC's then become regular APC's that cant kill infantry. A coordinated ANYTHING rush is a game winner if the enemy team isn't prepared for it, 10 roffleman in 10 jeeps could probly mass sticky the comm just as well.

Maybe all thats really needed is upping the research time and cost for rails/nukes so they cant really be rushed. That would force people to use other stuff without just removing them from the server.