Agreement for all populated servers about nukes and rails

Discussion in 'General' started by -Mayama-, Jul 20, 2008.

1. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Cause we get 2.2 in like 10 years we should make
    a agreement to alter the scripts on every populated
    server. I mean nerf nukes and rails.
    Lower nuke heat and maybee rails more heat or less damage.

Why an agreement?
    Because I want the same changes on every server so people
    get used to them and commanders can thrust that their
    researched stuff does what they think it should do.

Comments, flames, proposals???

2. Empty

Empty Member

I think buffing absorbants HP is a much better solution to rails, rather than making everything own rails, you make it's counter more pronounced.

I have no disagreements with lowering heat on nukes.

But there is an issue.

Servers don't send scripts.
    Servers can't send scripts.
    Clients can't recieve scripts.

3. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

As far as I know you can do that server side only.

4. Empty

Empty Member

Nope. If weapon scripts don't match up, you can't purchase the weapon.

However you CAN make admin only tank guns. [IE a script that the server has, and only selected other people have, hence they can use it] other than that, no.

5. Silk

Silk Mapper

I don't see this happen because most server owners will come up with different balancing proposals.

Apart from that, if done correctly, i wouldn't mind.

6. Empty

Empty Member

A really quick balance patch modifying balance scripts would fix it up nicely though.

7. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Empty: iirc it does work.

Another change:
    Make be and nf RPG dmg equal.

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Balance patch this, balance patch that, if we release an EP1 balance patch, we'd have to do all the balancing again for OB, so we're better off just working on the OB version.

9. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

Bu the OB-version is so far away that we need a balance-patch NOW. Also, since when does it take that much to change some values in a text-file? We need the devs to create that patch since most server-admins are either not there all the time, don't care or are too dumb or retarded to do that.

10. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

If you change values of the vehicle weapons on a server, on the client side it says this and that stats of the weapon but when you buy it, the weapon won't function as the client says they would because in the end the server says how much damage the weapons do.

So in other words, it would work but how to tell everyone that what vehicle weapon values have been changed on EVERY SINGLE SERvER? Every single server could have different values and it would just be a mess.

So.

It works.

Easier way is to download Empires: Au and make it truly work.

11. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

That's why we are asking for a balance-patch.

12. Deiform

Deiform Member

In the mean time server admins could always just restrict rails and nukes...

No? Ah well it was worth a shot.

13. o_O

o_O Member

A patch balancing stuff and maybe fixing things that are broken (Bio ML?) would be great, but whatever the next big version is more important.

All the populated servers could probably agree on something like improving absorbent a little or making nukes less hot. If the changes were kept small it wouldn't really matter that they weren't announced, anyone that cared would see it on here anyway.

14. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

balance patch? How bout making a copy and past to replace a piece of a script on a server. Just don't change the weights or cost and nothing will be noticeable.

as far as RPG damage goes, it isn't a glitch. The scripts say 105 for BE and 80 for NF. that is a quick fix that any server can do without anyone noticing.

Bio damage, as far as i can see, is an actual coding problem. That would need a full blown patch to fix, and I suggest waiting until 2.2 to get it fixed.

So why do you need a patch to fix these things on a server when it takes two second to open up the code, find where it says stuff like "damage" or "explosion radius" and lowering the values a little? Anyhow, I think I made my point.

15. Inside

Inside Member

Personally... I'd rather have the next version be delayed by one week and have a balance patch now.

16. Empty

Empty Member

A patch makes it official, and makes it global.

And a patch is a patch is a patch. Whether it's a .txt file or an entire new .exe.

Although Bio MLs vs Bio Armor is a coding issue. The bio damage is cancelled by bio armor regenerating.

17. Lord_Doku

Lord_Doku Member

Hey weedy ! :D No one plays empAU yet, and thats kind of sad... just a few players instead of like....10.

and to stay ontopic: i think that to nerf rail there should be an increase of effectiveness or hp of Absorbant armor. as far as nukes go, i say either create an armor that is SUPER EFFECTIVE against nukes or change nuke heat, ammo and reload time.

18. Empty

Empty Member

way to copypaste my idea -_-

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Why do you think rails and nukes are overpowered? You just have to know how to fight them. NF should use upgraded missiles against rails and it's quite even.
    If you're trying to fight them with canons you will loose because you only have one slot and the enemy has two, plain and simple...
    Nukes are only useful against buildings. Maybe you have a chance against tanks if you have more than one nuke tanks... but I wouldn't call this overpowered.

20. Empty

Empty Member

Nukes arent fun. Period.