After a year in Empires, why keep playing?

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

What server you play on?

2. Trent

Trent Member

Quite a few.

Nachos, Napalms, and any others that happen to be populated

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Play in scrims. Play in PUG's. Don't base the game on public matches. You guys are pissed because a bunch of idiots play it too. That happens in any game except the player base is so small your almost forced to deal with it. UNLESS! You organize Pickup games(what happened to that?) or scrims! If you really care about this game then do something, don't bitch and complain. Organize an organized match and then tell me you didn't have fun. But if you really think this game is boring then fuck off! go play left for dead or wow

This game is at its best when everyone knows what they are doing.

4. Trent

Trent Member

It's not just idiots. The Admins on Nacho server are contributing to the problem too when they abuse their admin status while playing on a team.

The game needs to be modified to give the commander a bit more power against rebelling troops.

There was even one server that had a bunch of problems on (Jest server?)
    They did not even know how to put the voteban into place. An admin module should not have to be installed for the game.

Another problem is the voting the commander out. The less people on the easier it is to vote a commander out. This can be good, or bad.

Just a while ago I was playing as commander with only about 5 people on the team. Two of them took advantage of the voting out the commander, and I got kick out. One of them took over and recycled EVERYTHING, meanwhile the other team kept attacking and refused to voteban the morons.

Ghee, what a fun game.

I an not complaining. I am addressing problems that need to be fixed.

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Play on Napalms.
    We got admins enough for it.

And when 2.2 comes, your friends name will be listened as the ingame name. Which will give griefers a hell of a flame war.

6. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Member

so... you want super admin nazi empires where anyone caught not obeying the commander is banned for life?

Fun. :P

7. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Everyone 9mining their own com, yes.
    Ya don't play so much on Napalms do ya?

8. Theowningone

And which admins would those be?

9. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

HB spooky said he knew you and he was allowed to run around behind the displacements killing people and trying to ninja cv then drummer perm banned me when I recycled his shit.

10. Theowningone

Well from what i hear the ban on you is legit, you can appeal if you want or w/e it's currently perm <edit>which upon my review seems really really harse so i'm proposing it be moved to a week at the most seeing as how A. there isnt to much proof and B. we havent got any complaints about you that i know of.</edit> but having it over turned would be rather easy, borforums.com
    But spooky should not have been allowed to do this and drummer should have yelled at him. This is in the motd saying its against the rules and if i see it happen bans will follow. <edit2>fucking drummer....</edit2>

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  11. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Next time I see Spooky, I'll be especially harsh. Since he knows what he's doing is wrong, and continues to do it.

12. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Meh this is stuff for PMs but I don't think I ever claimed I crashed. I'm not denying I recycled his shit but past few days whenever I've been on and hes been on canyon (a few times) hes always griefed through the walls and tried to ninja a cv/sit there with ammo box shooting people.

Back on topic I only really keep playing because my computer isn't that great, I'm good at it, I know people who play and every once and a while I have a good game. And hope for 2.3. Every time you try and not stack and be the good guy the game just becomes impossibly annoying trying to deal with retards who just want to build jeeps and drive in circles or sit in base and build walls. Meh. So much potential, so much fail. It is kinda like playing the lottery every once and a while you have a fucking awesome game but most of the time you just feel short changed.

13. TheAllmightyMighty

TheAllmightyMighty Member

Empires > God
    (if it exists ^^)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  14. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

fixed

also, the commander is always the weak link, never ever listen to him, but make sure you have a competant squad leader and squadmates

15. Trent

Trent Member

Funny you say that because I have seen you greif

I did not catch their names. I was too pissed and just left.

Funny how you and all team team mates catch on fire to die.
    Then next round we caught the CV and it just disappeared.

What fun.

I tried that server also. They also contribute to problems. The people kept voting in this one guy for commander who kept screwing around and ending the game quickly with his antics.

I tried to start a kick vote, but it was cancelled by an admin.

Needless to say I left shortly after that than be stressed over a game that is pissing everyone off.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2008
  16. Theowningone

whats your ingame name?

17. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Not always. On occasion I am able to salvage a losing match (due to stacking, griefing, previous failcomm). Was able to manufacture an improbable come from behind victory on the Training server just last night. However, unless the commander is an emp_recruit, its best to listen to him (regardless of skill).

18. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

/me continues to wonder why he almost never sees any griefing or bad stacking.

19. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

because you don't play empires, obviously due to the fact that there can't possibly be a server with no fail

20. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

All of these new threads are getting useless. (I understand the game community sucks but if you are going to rant, rant.)
    You wonder why people keep stacking and the like?
    To get away from these stupid people.

Also, to all the people who whine about servers.
    Use the JPL one. I know it's so scary to use a server owned by a clan!
    The thing is, we don't have stupid game ruining plugins and admins who wall haxs. (Okay, we do but only when we are alone.)