A comprehensive list of people who should be raped to death by pineapples.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Space_Oddity, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

If we're going by the laws here, it's important to note that the laws aren't based on fact, or even tradition. Biologically speaking, a 15 year old is easily old enough to be sexually active and participate in childbirth.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Technically, we're talking about pre-pubescent, given that was the definition posted.

3. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

4. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Basically what Trickster said, but seeing as there isn't really a catch all, societies tend to go by the mean age. At least more than less of them. Some places in Europe I hear the age is...as low as 12?

6. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Never heared of that before ... suppose it's a new US myth? :rolleyes:
    16 in some eastern country maybe ...

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I stumbled upon a map about age of consent in a note page on Tvtropes like 2 weeks ago. I highly doubt that info though, it seemed waaaay too low nearly everywhere. It was like 12 or 9 in mexico or nearby.

8. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

15 in Sweden.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

16 in UK.

10. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Irrelevant. No one was arguing for/against moral compass being based on your experience, social norms, etc. You were suggesting that one should abandon it as the reference always changes. Even though you probably don't believe your own argument, you are an idiot for thinking it would being up a "productive discussion" without reevaluating it yourself.

11. Candles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#Mexico

Federal law sets 12 as the minimum.

Age of Consent in most of the United States back in the 1890's was 12, and there still isn't any actual federal law about it. Most states set it to 16, with the remainder split between 17 and 18. If a state overturned their law, then they'd have no age of consent.

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Lol, you think i'm American? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

No, when I was in school and subsequently that was thought to be true... oh, let's all do one google search and consult the wikipedia of questionable information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe

Niceeeeee...I do like making people look like muppets, especially when they make it so easy...

13. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Last time I checked London wasn't in America but Europe, so ... No? Just saying that the myth comes prolly from america ...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

So why say it to me, wit' the eye rollin' and all... :confused:

15. Candles

Says right there, the age of consent in Spain is 13.

I don't see why any myth like that would come from America, or at least moreso than any other country.

Also, pedophilia doesn't necessarily mean one person is older or above the age of consent. As long as at least one person is underage, it's pedophilia, so both of them could be seven years old and it'd be pedophilia.

16. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Because you repeated it, beliving it without questioning it. That gave me the feeling that a :rolleyes: was adequate for expressing my uncomfortness about such gullibility, oh my ...what have I done, without any intent to harm ... :D ah no, I mean :(

The lowest in that link would be spain, and even it says 13, parents must consent it too, or at least know about it and not saying anything against it up to 16, it's not that simple anywhere, of course one could argue "if you don't tell the parents yadda yadda" pointless since then it would become an illeagal activity alltogether, just because you don't see a theft doesn't make it leagal either...

17. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

News speaking of shooting: "This opens the debate on gun laws". :(

18. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I said it as a question, indicating it was rumour and hadn't been confirmed, asking for confirmation. Then it turns out I was one year off, not very far actually.

Man, i'm really wondering if you didn't get that and are a dummie, or are a really bad troll. I'm thinking both.

19. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

You can't questioning it by yourself if it's true or not before you repeat it?
    Doesn't matter if you put a questionmark behind it or not, the fact that you assumed it to be true is still valid else you wouldn't have even bothered to repeat it, rumours live from being repeated without second thought, so I don't even care if you belive it or not, like at ALL ... I just don't like rumours, stop trying to prove your sophistication to me ...

20. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Strictly speaking, paedophilia is not and should not be illegal.

It's the child molestation that is and should be illegal.

And there is a difference, interestingly enough.

This also, pedophilia is kinda hard to consider morally wrong given that it would, strictly speaking, mean 'foot fetish'.

I don't generally mind language shifts but when they shift to mean something completely different that's when prescriptivism should prevail.

Oh and point of clarification: by 'ok to watch little girl cartoons' do you mean 'ok to watch cartoons designed for little girls' or 'ok to watch cartoons about little girls'?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012