$60 for a Game is Too Damn High (not unlike the rent)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ImSpartacus, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Me Three

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Nice combo!

4. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

It depends on the quality of the book you read. ;)
    But yeah, it is interesting how I've never heard anyone say 'I wasted all my time reading books', maybe it's because the perception of time is different when reading than when playing games. Games eat your time way faster in my experience.

I would rather work/study 12 hours a day and not invest a single hour into games if I would be able to do so, altough I enjoy them. It is interesting how conditioned we are to feel guilty about things we enjoy.

5. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I have Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky. If I ever played them, I suppose I'd do it in order of release.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Fair enough, I just warn you now that in clear sky enemies like to spam grenades, it's a terrifying experience to see 4 nades fly in your direction when they tend to home in right where you were and kill you in one hit, so dodging all of them is a bit much. This is on top of the general hardness that all stalker games offer. I think there may be fan patches to fix that, but I tend to think it's better to play them vanilla first.

It's totally ok to skip clear sky to play call of pripyat, cop offers a more open type of world which some people enjoy much more. But yeah, start with shadow of chernobyl, personally my favorite and like you said you already have it.

7. Space_Oddity

Skip to CoP and install the Misery Mod's latest version.

8. Lazybum

Isn't misery a bit harsh? I haven't tried misery yet, but from descriptions I would think Vanilla is a bit more forgiving and I really don't think starting at highest difficulty level is such a good idea if it's a style of game you haven't really tried yet.

Though no matter what version, you should set difficulty to master, the highest one. It makes you die faster true, but you can also kill them quicker so it makes the game generally more tactical and fast paced at the same time, easier too if you can aim. Otherwise thing will feel like giant bullet sponges.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

While stil true, i dont get why CS gets so much heat for homing nades, the very same shit happens in SoC. Hell, this alone made brain scorcher approach a living hell.

Sure, just make sure to pour some perhydrol in your eyes and stuff a famished rat in your underpants while youre at it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  10. Lazybum

I don't think I ever saw a grenade in SoC. I thought there was a bug that prevented them from using nades. In CoP grenades were kinda rare too, I think I saw maybe 10 in an entire play through. but in CS I've had enemies use grenades in 5 straight encounters, they just don't stop spamming them.

11. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Is it bad that I'm considering getting the latest humble bundle just for $1 Dead Space 2?

I'm such a bad person. What's wrong with me?

12. Space_Oddity

Nope. Normal CoP is just too damn easy.

It's ok to admit that you're bad at video games.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  13. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Nah, I wanted to get $1 medal of honour classics and C&C. There's nothing wrong with paying the bare minimum for titles that are sold at that price. It's humble's fault that video games are getting devalued, not yours :)

14. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Atleast donate the money to girls who code!