2.30 particle appreciation thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Omneh, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

He didn't leave because people criticized his particles, he left because of people complaining about his moderation. Which is something I agreed he was bad at for quite sometime(but lemme point out I had nothing to do with the thread and drama that unfolded to make him leave). Hell even shandy suggested to keep devs and mods seperate.

But his particles have always been worth praise.

2. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Or maybe because Mr. Lunatic was RL stalking him.

3. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

I stood up! :3

Also, if anyone's gonna drive to Dubee's, bring him a new computer for fucks sake.

I'm sure someone has a heap of junk laying around better than what he has.

4. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

marijuana is bad for u

5. OuNin

OuNin Member

why does mortar smoke last three seconds (only negative thing I noticed when playing today)

also

taking him seriously in any way is only making his dick harder. all he does is read books and write wikipedia articles. people suspecting any more will just upset themselves. what's best is to just ignore him because there is only so much he is capable of. he is a troll, whether he admits or not.

Like, in the Harry Potter universe, wizards' self censorship of Tom Riddle's fursona's name only made him more powerful in that the name alone became immensely feared.

Getting worked up about ***** is just silly and playing into his hands doesn't help.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Member

new particles are awesome. nice job empty

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Empty left the forums and the forums only, because at the end of the day he got more shit that praise for his work on here. So he did right to leave. Acting like you never deliberately pissed him off now (dubee) is ridiculous. Just accept it and move on.

And yeah, mortar smoke lasts a little too long for my liking, but everything else is 100% awesome.

8. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Yea that was the only thing I mentione dto him. It looks nice, but in a pinch it just makes more mechanical sense for a game when the smoke clears extra quick. Better FPS for players, they don't mind sacrificing the seconds of smoke and stilll appreciate its existence. Plus in tight infantry fights everyone wants the clear view as opposed to an obscured one.

But this is just trivial stuff. These are still extremely clean particle effects everyone should enjoy thoroughly.

9. Trickster

Yeah. I wouldn't mind some fire in my arty. So yeah, that's my only criticism I guess. Mortar smoke hangs about too much, artillery needs to look more badass with fire and shit. Besides that, it all looks phenomenal, especially the nuke.

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

So that's what a particle can also mean. I was limited to chemistry for way too long.

Great work Empty, if you read this, know that I always thought highly of what you did.

11. FN198

FN198 Member

i havent seen the particles yet but, i really really want actual explosions from exploding vehicles.
    [​IMG]
    hell even just chunks of debris from dead vehicles flying away from the frame would be cool too

12. Senor_Hybrido

Senor_Hybrido Member

Other than killing our FPS, that sort of particles would be 10X worse than the first nuke particles that Empty gave us.

It would be fcking cool though.

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

He didn't rage quit because of me or particles.. This is why he quit http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?p=33811

I only teased him and suggested that he do something HE ENDED UP DOING, I wasn't sitting requesting something he couldn't do.. And I never insulted his intelligence like patton feels the need to do to me.

14. communism

communism poof

I think dubs can take you

15. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I know there's already code that allows you to spawn particles on attachment points in building models (so you can do fun stuff like fireballs through hallways), but I dunno if it's also already in for vehicles

16. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

I'd be surprised Commie.

Dubee there is no way to insult that which is not present. Your consistently stubborn, ignorant attitude is enough of an insult to any intelligent conversation as it is. Example: your first post in this thread, is about as mindlessly ignorant of it's topic and intentions as all your other posts are.

Get the fuck out.

FN, that would be cool, and a few large particles that fade out over the course of say 4 seconds, wouldn't be a bad idea. Lets perfect the particles we have first though, which it sounds like it is only a couple tweaks from doing anyways.

Beerdude, WTF WHY DOES YOUR SIGNATURE PICTURE HAVE A FACE?!?!

17. Trickster

Black ops uses actual recorded explosions. They're so fucking ugly.

18. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

we don't need to record explosions, but you know just like TF2, bits and pieces coming off a body or something is a nice effect.

If a few metal pieces randomly spawn from each dead APC or turret, I doubt it would be at all intensive and could add some nice effect to the game. I think it might anyways.

19. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

Rofl I dont know why I found that so funny trickster but I did.

EDIT but ya the tanks just turning black could be improved a bit.

20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Patton quit being so mad, It will get you no where.

And if you would be surprised then lets make it happen. I haven't been in a fist fight since high school. Lol lets do this and film it then post it on here for everyone to see!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.