2.30 particle appreciation thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Omneh, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omneh

Omneh Member

Because the particles are absolutely spiffing, hats off to Empty. :)

2. complete_

complete_ lamer

no good can come from this

3. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Did he fix the arty particles so they don't drop FPS to 10 or less?

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Yes he did.

5. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Well then why is he acting like a little bitch and running away from the mod rite when hes gonna get a bunch of praise?

Dude's got to realize this is the internet... :(

6. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

I'd like to take this moment to say that if I knew Dubee in real life, I think I would have a few assault charges I would need to take care of. It would totally be worth it though.

7. complete_

complete_ lamer

omg my internet rep

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Thanks, for the random hate patton :) I never say anything to you, never said a single negative thing about you... But you have decided to say a bunch of bad things about me recently... So come drive up to richmond and see me then. We can settle this. I am completley serious. Don't be a bitch either, if your gonna talk shit back it up

I will treat you like JPL in our scrim against you.

edit: I got a court date on 1/11/11 so that days off for me.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yeah dubee's a dickbag big shocker.

I did rather like them in the video he posted, haven't tried them ingame yet, kinda tempted to play around with them myself and see what I can do. I've been kind of itching to try some real muzzleflashes, pretty sure I could make some good shockwave dust effects.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

How am I being a "dickbag"? I am saying empty finally does what he should of done... releases some great new particles and then he cats off? And then patton threatens me and I am the bad guy here.....

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Interpersonal relationships 101. This:

Is not praise, it's bitching. Saying someone is acting like a bitch and complaining about them is not praise, it is the opposite of praise, it is what everyone else in the universe refers to as being a dickbag or similar words along the same theme.

It is also more or less all you do where empty or particles or almost anything else is concerned, which may perhaps be why he doesn't want to occupy the same forum as you.

It is worrying that I of all people have to explain this.

12. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

WHOA, BRAH! DUDE! MAN! CHilllaaaaax. It's like, you think this is IRL or something. Gettin all serious and shit, trying to start somethin, sendin me PMs, not cool brah.

It's the internet maaaaaan... n' shit. Hasn't anyone told you that?

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

@chris I told him he did a great job and took my hat off to him for his particle work. I had no part in the drama that made him leave and it is a bitch move to just up and leave because people disagree with you. My point is why rage quit rite before he was due for praise for his work 2.3?

@patton if your gonna threaten me then back it up, we don't live far away. But obviously you only like to talk shit comfortably behind the monitor. PM's are where you talk shit not on these forums like you have been doing lately for whatever reason. I dunno if you're jealous of me or what but I never once said anything about you. You need to relax and quit talking shit. Teasing people and insulting there intelligence is two different things. You should of gotten infractions for what you have been saying about me lately.

14. Demented

Demented Member

In game is where you talk shit. PMs are for whiny bitches and talking behind Mootant's back.

15. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

You didn't praise crap.

You should get an infraction every time you say anything about Empty or his particles. Take your hypocrisy elsewhere.

And thank you fro proving my point even after I make it, and continuing to. Calling it the "internet" doesn't make your ignorant asinine bullshit any less significant.

If you can't learn to stop bitching for eons, you may find yourself unwelcome on the "internet".

16. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I didn't even talk shit in the PM all I said what is your problem with me?

After empty made a low res pack I have not criticized his work once.. This is all I have said.

That's not praise? And I am saying he is due for praise from everyone else for his work in 2.3. But instead he decided to leave.. That's all I am saying, yet patton being a douche is the good guy here.

17. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Hey dubee. ur shoe stinks.
    fo shizzle nizzle.

18. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I bet my shoes are 10 sizes bigger than yours :P

19. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Nah, I have pretty big feet. Around an 11.
    US measurement.

20. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

It's too late now to appreciate what great work Empty did, he is gone. Soon he will find another HL2 mod where he is respected and welcome. Our sensitive particle artist was attacked on this forum from all sides, but no one stood up to join his cause. WHERE WERE YOU ALL A FEW WEEKS AGO? YOU HYPOCRITICAL MONSTERS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.