[2.25] Mortar

Discussion in 'Archive' started by PreDominance, May 12, 2009.

1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

They will heal and repair faster then the mowtar could do damage.. You would basically be giving them free points!

Killing buildings is not what makes the mowtar fun. Killing infantry that can move is fun! The mowtar was like a sniper that wasn't OP. Somtimes you would hit some guy strafing in the face and it would give you a "WOOOO" moment.

That won't happen when your shooting the side of a barn. Scouts, Tanks, Engineers will kill buildings.. But you want grens to do it too? And make rifleman the only anti inf class?! I'm sorry but that's stupid.

2. spellman23

spellman23 Member

OK, how about this!

Force mortars to have a deploy animation (2-3 seconds). You have to take the time to drop to a knee and deploy, fire, and if you want to move you have to gather up your mortar again. Increase damage to 2-shot infantry kills and decent AoE (2.5-3 AoE to kill). To redploy/pick up you have to push some button. Maybe secondary fire?

We now don't have grens dropping and sniping infantry, mortar is decent for killing stuff, AoE problem fixed.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

That's been shot down more times then noobs in css.

First of all no ones gonna make a deploy animation. And secondly no ones going to be using the mowtar if you have to camp to use it.. You need to be mobile to use the mowtar correctly, If you don't all the rifleman will eat you up. Crouching is enough to make the gren stop and shoot. It was fine as it was.. The damage and AoE were fine! It was NOT OP.. And sniping with it is hard to do and easy to dodge... This is no AWP and you can't hide in a bush with it and snipe people miles away.. But if you hit someone in the face and they DON'T have a health skill they should fucking die!

If you really want an anti building mowtar with more splash do what (whatever his name is) said about having two mowtars, One for vets who want to actually kill people and not give them free points, and one for noobs and building killing.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  4. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

What's so bad about this one :X

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Game has to many noobs that cry to much, seriously,
    in every clan training (no matter which clan) or scrim I
    almost never hit directly enemys with the mortar.
    In public games however its no problem cause people dont
    move. People cry and bitch because they dont defend themself
    from the mortar. They behave in the same way as if they face
    someone with a rifle. Sorry thats stupidity. If you dont learn it
    after the 3rd time you die you deserver to get owned.
    That might not be a very constructive post but alot other claners
    aka "people that are good at the game" agree with me here and
    not only people that play as grenadier.

EDIT:
    Imo every game that supports stupidity or trys to avoid to force players to adapt to the situation is boring.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I like it except I don't think the rifleman needs HP up and Dig-in.. Just one of the two.. With some AoE.. Just basically what it use to be..

And like mayama said.. I hate the AWP in CSS, so much that I wish it wasn't in the game. But there are ways to deal with it.. You can counter them and instead of bitching I toss a smoke or flash and viola.. He can't see me.

The mowtar was never OP.. The people using them were better than you and instead of trying to find ways to counter them you came on here and bitched about them.

7. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I would love to see the mortar a tad bit buffed again. I would also like to see an RPG kill a turret in 3 hits. Why does a turret live through more than 3 hits again?

anyhow.

Mortar isn't so bad now, but it's not great. Hard as hell to kill people because the damage falloff over the range of the splash is so extreme.

8. Deiform

Deiform Member

Seismics are secondary, and the engie calc is arguably the primary weapon since it heals, repairs, builds and revives. Engies may not hurt large amounts of infantry behind walls, but with a level 3 they can keep them there.

So you want the gren to be awesome at anti-tank, which it is atm, but a crap anti-building class also with no anti-infantry capabilities. Sweet. I'll just play engie or rifleman or get a tank.

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Didn't you say Dig-in was still bugged? Or something like that?...

Maybe we should just bump mortar damage by 10hp?

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I don't even really know what the bug with Dig-in is.. People have told me its bugged.. And I've done over 300 damage to a lone wolf rifleman on the viper where it shows the damage you do and still didn't kill him. So I would agree that it is bugged.

11. Deiform

Deiform Member

Mortars dont do damage apparently, they just take all your stamina away.

12. [R]eX

[R]eX Member

riflemen are bugged, not even just dig in. i've run over mines without even being dug in and survived, also i was digging in over mines and taking like 40 damage or some lulz from them.

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Didn't they just add another layer of body armor or something to the rifleman? I know they made them able to take more shots from a tank or something.. But I thought that was just against bullets not explosives.

Maybe give grens the option to take mines or body armor? or is the body armor in the 4th spot? Which for the gren is taken by the mini map mine spotting thing... haha like that's ever been helpful to anyone.

14. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I think the Rifleman's extreme resistance to mines / mortars is occuring for the same reason some things (such as walls) are hardly damaged by splash damage, as he should never be able to take as little as 3 or 10 damage from a mine.

15. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Well it needs fixing..

Also, I managed to survive 2 shotgun blasts and a few NFHR shots while I was riflemen. Apparently big-damage little-time is what's bugged.

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

What would that reason be? I'm curious.

17. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

sry i just poped in this thread, but seriously, you couldnt be more wrong on your assumtions.

i'll reveal a secret to you. the mortar is pinpoint accurate - you can aim perfectly, you just need to know your distances, consider flight time and predict the enemies movement.
    the other weapons are "klick the enemies head".

what would you consider needs more skill?

maybe the others already convinced you bout that. then take this post as redundant ^^

also, this.
    i especially like the edit. it pretty sums up my view on mass targets too, not only the mortar ...

why make the game dumb when its only players lacking situation awareness?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  18. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

whatever it is, it's not the splash that's bugged.

a DIRECT HIT with mowtar/mines/rpg will drain almost all of your stamina but take only 5-10 hp (digin, of course). an INDIRECT hit with mines/mowtar/rpg will do normal damage/stamina drain.

it might even be the same for tank weapons, but I couldn't confirm it.

19. Empty

Empty Member

Nah tank weapons work.
    I use the LR CN against infantry sometimes.

20. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

of course they do damage like normal when you hit someone with splash, like always - grenadier weapons work in this case, just like normal. If you had actually read and understood my post you would realize that the dig in bug only applies to explosives that actually physically hit and detonate on the rifleman.