Anouncement: Blackhole Reconcilliation

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Catface, Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Well... so it finally happened? Although it seems like...

[​IMG]

Unless the powers that be are simply worn down like the cliff side of the ocean eventually gets.

2. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Imma buy that. Looks good

3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

If you quit Then I also quit. I know I don't do anything. I just want to be supportive. Where are we going?

4. James

James Overly Annoying Retard

To pick up my friend at the airport in about 10 minutes.

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Which meaning of pick up though?

6. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Cool, I'll make a sign. I hope that they had a good flight. Flying on the holidaysbsucks

7. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

There's something inherently wrong with opposing a group on the basis of being "weird" and or fringe. Note that in this case it's a highly subjective opinion.

Unless they interfere with the mods development, I don't see an issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
    A-z-K likes this.
  8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Is it bad that I thought the same thing?

9. Metruption

Metruption Member

pics or it didn't happen

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

This is now a pengis thread.
    All hail pengis.

11. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

[​IMG]

12. Gnaeus

Gnaeus Member

The same progress that led to the creation of the Nubs server. Since May the entire community has been benefiting from the mod being genuinely developed, activity on the servers increasing, the rules of the forum being revamped, the aspirations of the Blackholian userbase being met, etc.

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

[​IMG] Posterity sake.

A-z-K likes this.
  14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I spit hot fire, I fire hot spit.
    I rip and I rhyme, I rhyme and I rip.

Neoony and TheCreeper like this.
  15. complete_

complete_ lamer

oh. you guys didnt know this was going to happen? it was kinda obvious. i couldve told you if anyone ever asked me. i mean, i even told candles way back lol
    its not like you would get banned for saying anything, dont know why you didnt mention your concern. ive said far worse things about catface on these very forums, and im a mod!

like seriously guys i barely play and i dont communicate with you guys yet somehow im more aware of whats going on.
    enjoy the next script update!

edit:
    i am the best poster on this forum and i think dumb people and weirdos should be banned. its a good thing for healthy forums

16. Ranger

Ranger Member

17. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Tralalala la la la laaaaa.

18. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Hold on, what? I know devs are doing something, a lot of people do, but for the most part the game hasn't really seen much happening since june or something. You can't say genuine development is benefiting the community when the community hasn't had much of an idea of anything really been happening, evidenced by people asking if game development has been stopped in game.

Saying activity increasing is also a bit misleading. It's only looked like things have gone up during the summer due trickster's scrim league which attracted all the old people to play, and really only play during those matches. Since august activity has basically returned to what it was last year, with what feels like the only real difference being people show up for pugs and not really before them. Activity probably did spike up a lot last winter, but I think that kinda had to do with spartacus trying out a bunch of game balance changes, which makes people want to open empires and see what's new.

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

This is probably the funniest thing today.

Well that's not saying much, I just got home from my slave wage job tbh.

This is the funniest thing I have seen all year.

Positively, bravo mrdie, you literally reenacted the prequel trilogy to star wars just in time for the release of episode 7.

20. Mrdie

Mrdie Banned

This isn't entirely related to the Blackhole, but I will respond regardless since I think people ought to know our opinion on the matter.

The events of May 8 mark the beginning of a new period in the history of the mod. They were themselves inspired a good deal by the proceedings of the Third Congress of the Empires League which had been held in January this year and whose conclusions were clandestinely spread across the userbase. On May 8 the whole userbase (meaning ordinary Empires users as well as the Blackholians) demanded that the stagnation of the mod and its community come to an end, that the Deeist clique cease monopolizing positions, that abusive acts cease, that the standards of the forum be raised, etc. This compelled the Deeists to make concessions: the rise of JLF (Catface), Spike, Awpolt and DocRabbit, all of whom come from the ranks of the users and who do genuinely care for the mod, was the result of that.

In July the Central Committee of the Empires League held a meeting in which ways to improve the mod were discussed. On the basis of that meeting and through the efforts of JLF, Spike, Vicki, myself and others the New Empires Pug was founded. The Deeists attempted to sabotage the New Empires Pug, but failed. Later the Viper server, the most important server, was replaced with Nubs which allows the work of Viper to be continued under new conditions, in other words Nubs is essentially an improved Viper, one which will serve the community well in the coming months and years if allowed to do so. It is the New Empires Pug and Nubs which are responsible for the great increases in activity. Anything else was done in response to the Pug and Nubs, either inspired by them or with malicious intent against them.

At the same time the League also worked to improve the affairs of the forum. It isn't a coincidence that the same events of May 8 also forced the Deeist clique to rename the "Butthole" to "The Bears Asshole," and for the latter to be given so-called "rules" by one Deeist as a false concession to the users. Both the League and the democratic movement of the Blackhole demanded the removal of "The Bears Asshole." For a short period of time the Deeists even renamed "The Bears Asshole" to "The Black Hole," as a way of insulting the Blackholian userbase, but this was later changed to "The Litter Box" under pressure from the users and after JLF discussed the matter with myself. Now "The Litter Box" no longer exists, because it is harmful to the entire community. All it did, just as the "Snailhole" and "Rainbow Paradise" did in 2010-2011, was attract the worst elements of the community, elements which rely on Deeist patronage to survive.

For years the League has called for updating the forum software. The Deeists did not want to carry out updates, they wanted to exploit the old software for their own purposes in their malicious efforts against members of the League and the democratic movement. After May the League was particularly active in calling for updating the forum software, and this can be seen in the stuff we wrote since then. We also called for new rules for the forum, which JLF announced in October and which I helped clarify when he presented a draft of them to me.

The Deeists were frightened, so they tried to sabotage the progressive changes being made. This only resulted in their agent, Whamo, being exposed and booted from the community. Then they carried out a hacking attack against the forum and deleted hundreds of posts, but that did not scare the users, who called on the forum administration led by JLF to upgrade the forum software.

There was also an interview I conducted with a gaming website on behalf of the League to promote the mod back in June. The Deeists sabotaged this interview, but until then it had spread on reddit and had generated a lively interest, raising activity. JLF, Terminator, Dragolich and others helped make the interview possible by giving me pictures and information to use, such as pictures of one of Terminator's maps-in-progress.

It is thanks to the efforts of the League, as well as users like JLF, Tama, Terminator, DocRabbit, Viroman, etc., that the mod and its community are progressing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.