Empires Summer Scrim League Game 2 - 20th June 21:00 BST/ 16:00 EDT/ 13:00 PDT

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Yeah, suppose I should have mentioned you were one of the ones saying Lazy should lead.

Our team has drama, X-ray has hilarity. I love Lazy as much as the next guy (so long as that next guy knows who he is), but I feel cheated.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Our team had myself loose 2 meds first round to cliffs like a retard. I think this counts as hilarious.

3. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

its hilarious when you arenton the team that had it happen to.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Oh no, it was real fucking funny. Spike's tinfoil hat transcended the world.

5. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

When your commander asks me of all people to baby sit him, shit gets real.

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Cant say i understand you here.

7. BigTeef

He had 2 squads kill spawn to find one guy, and asked several people to babysit him while being surrounded by two of my level 3's and 6 regular ones.

8. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

There's nothing wrong with that. The 1st round I had a few people defending me. :)

9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I support ward 100%, it was amazing on the pug and I bet it'll be better during the scrim.

10. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

And this bullshit is why you're full of shit Paradox, I told you let Lazy run it if he wanted but he neither had the drive nor the desire to do so. I don't dislike lazy and I would love if he wanted to com but your reasoning is utter ignorance that the "Team leaders" are here to learn and become good coms, SPIKE is an established vet and knows how to com so you'd be shooting us in the foot. The biggest problem for Quebec is we change strategies a million times and then everyone says fuck the planning, we lost the second round because of that exactly. So either take over and run the show paradox, tell lazybum to do it, or put on your big boy pants and accept that I want to win and I'm not gonna deal with your bullshit attitude to blame it on me every fucking time like a little bitch.

11. Paradox

Im not blaming the loss on you. Lets be clear on that. I appreciate you being there and stepping up. The flow we have is good in the team. But that doesnt mean lazybum shouldnt get a taste of leadership.

This entire league thing is so newer players, not syaing u guys are new but newer, can experience how it is. And I feel like lazybum hasnt had that yet and I wanted him to lead for a change. Ofcourse its not easy to start talking and leading 20 people. But if you dont get forced to do it youll never do.

12. Lazybum

To be quite frank I was talking strategies with paradox for a bit before it started, we agreed on some plans we thought would work out good. It's just when people came in everyone came in with their own plan and I thought, "well they seem confident enough", that there wasn't much point to saying what I thought would work best because once you fill the air with too many ideas we get problems like what happened at the beginning of first round.

It wasn't the lack of drive or desire, it was the feeling no one wanted me to do anything so I simply didn't. I've seen too many things go wrong when too many people butt heads against each other.

13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Whatever you do, don't do that.
    There are plenty of ways to deal with any specific offender.

Lazybum will be given the priority speaker in our next game, and only Lazybum.

Predator me Lawliet will assist him in terms of telling other people to shut the fuck up, and we will personally follow him.
    Except I'll still strongly recommend him if I think any single decision is going to lose the game for us.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  14. Paradox

Everyone shouting ideas isnt a problem really. The last 100 seconds is when its for real. Then you tell everyone to stfu and explain the plan like you want it. Picking up pieces from other people their plans or not. But the last 100 seconds you explain the plan and thats the plan people will follow.

15. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

To be honest, this wasn't really very loud a team by all the standards I've experienced. If you imagine about ten minutes of the overtalking and compound that into about 1 minute, that's about how much we got in the old league, I shit you not.

In comparison, people were quiet and listened and I really rather liked that. Sure when we were on district and all talk was on it was like bells ringing, but teamspeak alone or during the actual games, there was less chatter than a pub match.

I want to say that I felt like Lazybum doesn't really want to lead much. When put on the spot he was a bit sarky, and it felt like, to me, he really didn't need anyone "gifting" him a lead position. I think when he really wants to lead he'll just tell us all to stfu, but atm he really doesn't assert himself.

To be honest, if you can't make a noise, you can't lead anything in Empires. You can be a quiet comm and have that work, but not really direct & lead things much. No one waits until things are quiet, and I was really surprised that it kinda went like that in the teamspeak.

To be honest...like...what? I can't believe someone who actually has that attitude survives in Empires. Hell, in life. Do you actually mean people in the world want you to do things? Wow. The only things people want me to do are the things I really should be doing anyway, like getting a job, earning a living, etc.

I'm not hating on you, I'm literally like wow...I probably would have been dead by now.

Aaanyway, returning to the game, well BE lost. I mortared myself twice, so I earned my failboat. NW being lost for BE is megadeath always...but we play Isle so infrequently with a big enough team that no one knows that any more. I'm fairly sure we lost in the league on isle in the same way.

First round was more fun because X-ray on BE didn't fold as quickly as we did. We literally lost the game in the first 10 minutes, people just didn't realise. I think the team did well though. Not too much shouting or bitching really. Was nice.

Can't believe I said it was nice.

16. BigTeef

Woah what is going on in quebec?
    We don't have any of these issues in Xray.

17. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

TBH I don't think they are actual issues. :|

18. Paradox

its way too hard to get north west as BE if you can rpg the bridge. it gives you a 15 second lead by which nf can push up to your side bridge, and you cant get a highground rax. Whilst if bridge wasnt snipable both would have highground rax and you would meet just on the southside of the bridge instead now with rpg sniping you are on the other side of the bridge and its fucking hard to cross

19. Lazybum

They really aren't. Games are proceeding mostly smoothly, I just want more people to check out their steam groups every so often. I keep it up to date, I would think spike is keeping his up to date too.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  20. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Sorry for raging as commander, first round there was a window of opportunity where we could of made a difference but the squad that should of done this didn't do as instructed, that's why i was raging though out the first game.

second game and first i was paranoid as fuck about being ninjad and kept checking main and the minimap etc etc thing is you only really need one scout with stickies and afew grens to ninja a cv.

also when i saw a scout cloaked in main i shit myself and went mad.