Job Predictament

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by alucard13mmfmj, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Yeah, it's kinda' hard to do much of anything if you sleep nearly half the day away.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You sleep for 9-10 hours?

Fuck man, you are a seriously a waste of oxygen.

3. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Holy shit, I can sleep up to 7 hours a day and even that's a bit much.

"Browsing the net" does not constitute a valid excuse for using up your time if you feel that you don't have enough time in the first place. It's a big reason why I stopped playing videogames when my second semester sophomore year of high school started.

4. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

The regulars, the ones that worked at the post office for years, told me its not worth it to even try to climb up the postal office. Since the post office is going bust and laying off a lot of people.

Well. I am quite exhausted from work that is why i sleep so many hours.

I browse the net because I have to wait for my hair to dry from showering and I dont want to eat and then sleep right afterwards. It is also hard to get up because my body is so sore and my fingers feel like it contracted rigor mortis.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  5. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

The temp job I do is sanding down 20 gigantic platinum plates used to make pressed wood. Now If it was standing over the plates and sanding them down... that would be fucking easy... NO, they have to remain in the press since well each one ways several tons. You have about a foot clearance to shove a numatic sander welded to a pole. The whole target of the grinding is the bottom side of each plate where the glue and wood particles have built up a layer that when the plates are hot(300f+) they are sticky and the wood sometimes breaks when the press separates. So your arms are always above you and you have to make sure not to press down too hard or the grinder will stop. I am so fucking tired and sore at the end of each day that I sleep 10 hours each of those 3 days and it takes 2 days for the soreness to go away. So I can kind of understand sleeping a that many hours. Although I don't see how he can be tired enough to need that much sleep in the job he has.

6. Trickster

Go to the gym and put some muscle on. When I'm working on site, I can spend 8 hours on that day out of the office, climbing shit, hanging off shit, lifting shit, whatever, all in the ridiculous heat. But if you put some muscle on, do a little bit of strength training, it becomes a lot easier. You don't get nearly as tired.

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Same story over and over... I can't gain muscle or rather I can but, the amount I gain is so miniscule its not worth the effort. all through JR high and high school I took weight class didn't gain shit from them. I don't gain weight and I can't loose it. 155 for life (+- food/liquid intake) at 5ft 11in. I have even had professional trainer help and it don't do shit. Don't even start on telling me to take protein and vitamins and other shit. Been there done that....

What else you got?

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

My 'job' mostly involves carrying things, and seeing as it's for family and the family member is not very bright, it usually involves carrying 30 kilo crates made out of shitty cardboard that breaks all the time, so you have to run while carrying it so you can put it down before it breaks.

Even I don't need to sleep 10 hours after that.

9. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

this is exactly it. im a little guy. i have to exert much more of my body to do things that is easy for big strong black guys =s...

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Alucard, If you don't really need to cash then quit before you do. Look for something else, it obviously isn't for you.

11. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Well atleast now you know how to do the work and how to push the carts. Your body has adapted too. So basically in the 2nd month you earn money a lot easier than in the first. Wasn't the plan that you earn enough money until you can afford some 2 years master degree?

12. Trickster

Bullshit. Get a good fucking program. Seriously, don't dick about with personal trainers or stupid machines or whatever, and just follow a simple program that will build you up without requiring a lot of time. It is true that some people do struggle to put weight on for muscle gain, but it's not by any means impossible, you just have to wait longer for results. I was mainly referring to Alucard btw, not you. Even if you do sleep 10h or whatever, you aren't jacking in like a pussy, which deserves a lot more respect than he should get. Either way though, anyone can get in better shape if they put their mind to it, and it just makes things so much easier if you are. The difference for me was phenomenal, and it just makes my job so much easier.

Honestly, if you want to try, my best advice is to try Starting Strength. It's piss easy and doesn't require anything other than free weights, and maybe a pull/chin up machine until you're able to lift your own body weight on a bar. Protein shakes do help. Other shit is really optional and mostly aimed at taking your money, but it's difficult to get the amount of protein you need without spending a shit load on eating steak for every meal, so using shakes is worth it. You really need to aim for 1g protein per pound of weight, though less isn't the end of the world. Suffice to say, if you hit 100g a day, that's probably enough, though if you have problems you might need more. Either way, protein shakes are the fastest way to get that amount.

Then fucking fix being a little guy. Stop being such a bitch. You are just one gigantic fucking excuse, it's all you can come out with. I can't do X because of Y. Y is harder for me because of Z. Stop finding problems, start finding solutions. You have no medical problems, you're just weedy as fuck, lazy as fuck and weird as fuck. At least 2/3 of those things are fixable. If you don't need the money, then don't do the job. That's an acceptable reason to call it a day. But quitting because it's too much hard work is the pussy way out. As for the time it takes up, welcome to the real world.

13. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Being small doesn't stop you being fit, if anything it's beneficial because you don't need to carry around excess weight.

Christ my uncle is like five foot six but he's built out of steel wire and gristle. Used to be in the army, lived in belfast during the troubles, could probably kick the shit out of anyone I know.

Being small isn't an excuse for being unfit. Work at something that requires fitness and you will become fit. Pain is endurable, and ceased to be painful after a while.

Hell I've gotten a shitload fitter just from carrying shit around two days a week. I can walk up hills and everything, actually have biceps now. It's awesome not being a giant lard tub.

14. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

also my lip is split in the middle. the split formed on the first or second day of working. it has not healed since then (4 weeks ago)... im worried. probably from dehydration back then.

there were some nasty sores or pustules or pimple like formations on my lips as well for a few days back then. quite nasty like i have herpes.

15. Trickster

I think I just realised. Alucard is trolling us.

16. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I've been assuming that since his first few posts in this thread.

17. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I don't think so. I think he's super serial.

18. Trickster

No-one can be that pathetic, that undeserving of existence. Not even Alucard.

19. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Hey, hey, that's pretty mean.

20. Trickster

The truth is harsh.