Job Predictament

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by alucard13mmfmj, Nov 4, 2012.

1. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

My parents are in the 38% tax bracket, but evidently, they may be paying up to a 50% tax soon.

2. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

problem is 50 years from now.. i probably wont see a dime of social security/medicare. lol

3. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

Income tax does not pay for any of those. Utilities costs seperate. Garbage disposal is an option. A lot of people drive their own waste to the dump. A majority of roads are paid for by gasoline tax.

4. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

3 more days.

5. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

Last day today. Most likely won't let us off early =(.

6. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

People are too stupid to count taxes properly. Let's say you earn $100 and pay 20% income tax. It means that you have $80 left. When you spend that $80 you will pay let's say, $20 of value added tax/sales tax, so you're only left with $60. But that's not all. For instance if you buy a burger and person flipping them pays income tax then his wage has to be higher to compensate for the tax. He just transferred his taxes to you. So if you spend all $60 that you have on burgers, then you'll have fewer of them than if people hired there paid no income taxes.

Total taxes (income/consumption and so on including transferred ones) are around 80% of wage of hired worker in Poland. It doesn't differ too much in other countries. However, like Candles said you get something for those taxes so overall taxation is around 50%.

And it doesn't really have to be all negative, if a person is recommended it can either mean that person is good enough or that recommender's opinions are worthless. Both get verified quickly.

Internships are extremely overrated. Not all of them, for instance internship in MSR is worth more than quite many high-paying programming jobs.

Pedophile is a person that gets aroused by children with no real sexual traits. Being aroused by teens is not exactly pedophilia.

Soldiers have 1/6th of general population's suicide rate.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  7. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

Quintuple post?

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

One of the coworkers openly said he smokes marijuana and no one ever cared. :P

9. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Fuck you, I would have merged all the posts that I wanted.

10. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

11. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

No, you would not.

12. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

How so?

If it worked that way, then wouldn't the "effective" tax rate inductively go to 100%?

13. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I already said it goes to ~80%. First of all the number of steps that add taxes is finite.

Every price is a sum of labor/investment/whatever costs. These things are taxed. Prices include other prices which include yet another ones so the final result is not just sum of wages without taxes but also wages WITH taxes.

14. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

so today i got 3 calls to ask if i wanted to come back to work for another month.

i dont think so :(.. my life was just the post office for the entire time i was there.

i had a feeling they'd call me cause the supervisor put an asterisk right next to my name at the evaluation session on my last day.

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

So you're giving up so easily? Man that's poor. The working world is like that. It's time consuming and becomes the most integral part of your life. You just accept it, that's what normal people do. They work a 40 hour week (minimum). Many work a lot more.

16. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

And that is terribly hard to accept if you just come fresh out of university. Life is so much better as student. :(

@alucard
    Do they offer you better working conditions or do you still have to push carts around? I agree with Trickster that you should do another month there, or do you have any better options?

17. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

still push carts and do random things. nothing different, just extend for 3-4 more weeks.

its just that i cant go to school with this schedule or progress with my weeaboo stuff.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  18. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

jobs a job man. I still don't have a regular job since I lost mine. I am signed up to 6 different temp agencies and get a 3 day job every week, that's it. Its pathetic around here.

19. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

I don't get it; you claim to need a job, but you won't accept this job offer. Am I missing something here?

20. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

i need a job that does not take up 90% of my time. if i do this, i cant go back to school or do my weeaboo shop.

the wholesale accounts that i have with some anime/hobby vendors will be deactivated if i am inactive for too long.

when i worked at post office. i drive to work at 4:50pm. work starts at 6pm. work till 2am. get home by 2:30am. shower and eat then its 3am. then i browse net until 4-5am. then i wake up at 2-3pm... then start process all over again.

no way i can go to school or do my weeaboo shit at the same time.

plus it'd be only be extended for 3-4more weeks. after that im permanently laid off. im not obligated to go this monday, since my contract terminated last monday.