[split] 2.25 particles and nukes (gtfo of my crashdump thread raeg )

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Empty, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Empty

Empty Member

I have no idea, I think it's on the coding side not me.

Screenshotting seismics as they flash doesn't really prove anything.
    Yes, they flash, that is their effect.

Your arty and nuke screens are puzzling though, the alpha is much much lower than I set it to be.

I'll have to double check everything.

2. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Maybe it looks different on my computer?
    (Radeon HD 4850, 1920x1200, HDR on, 8xAntiAliasing / 16xAnisotropic, DX9)

And for the engi build effect maybe you can compare your effect with the old one?

3. Kamber

Kamber Member

I think it should just be re name as nuke or low yield nuke and we forget about the HIT thing, like you said the new particles actually look nuke like. Everyone refers to them as nukes currently anyway.

and great particles empty, I cant wait to see what 10 nuke tank vs 10 nuke tank battle looks/lags like.

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Oh yeah, I still call it a nuke too, the change to HIT was for the sake of sanity. Small things like this apparently kill the Suspense of disbelief for some people.

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

No one calls it HIT. No one.

6. dizzyone

Do you see me say that? I know this already.

It doesn't matter what people call it, it matters that it isn't labeled a nuke.

7. Omneh

Omneh Member

Why would a thermobaric weapon be located in physics next to a fission reactor in the nuclear fission tree anyway?

Everyone calls them nukes, now they look like nukes. I see no issues with this, we just need someone to edit the scripts and rename the HIT to Nuke.

8. dizzyone

Because they don't act like nukes, people call them nukes because they used to be called that way. Then someone makes a particle because it used to be called a nuke.

Still doesn't make it a nuke, it just makes things confusing to call it something it isn't perceived as, in the sense of it's damage, not in the sense of some people who have been playing this game so long that they perceive it as a nuke.

But you can call it a nuke again if you like, I have no objections, except that it apparantly kills suspense of disbelief for some people.

I'm not worried about the name, if you manage to call it something better, why not. But renaming it a nuke, will not only make the name be misplaced, but also a misplaced particle. It doesn't do that much damage. Especially if you take into consideration that this game might hit Steamworks one day, you might want to care about details like this. Half of the new players will write off the game on a bad suspense of disbelief as they always do.

Look at that particle, then look at how many of them it takes to kill a tank, It's awkward. I can understand why people used to complain about it being called a nuke. If you can't, why bother discussing it, get someone to change it.

9. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I have the same settings, and I don't have any issues with the effects.

10. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I wasn't talking to you ^.-

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

"nukes" can be made as powerful as wanted, to me the current HIT missiles are more davy crocket RPG's

12. Empty

Empty Member

They do fine against infantry.

There are far far far far far far far far far far ... far far far greater problems with the game than people thinking 'sHIT' is a nuke.

It has huge splash, it has huge damage (except tanks) and it's fuckin a mushroom cloud.
    It's a nuke

13. dizzyone

A pencil can be lethal against infantry as well.

I was thinking the same thing, why is anyone making a big fuss about it being a HIT, if you want to call it a nuke, then go ahead.

What about earthquakes, thermal radiation, electromagnetic pulses? Have you ever seen a bomber drop a nuke while still on the runway, on purpose? Also, about the mushroom cloud: You're a faggot.

14. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

WITH MUSHROOM CLOUDS! =D

btw, anyway to lessen the shake that those damn seismics make? I can see those being used to grief easily just by spamming them, you can't see a thing when one goes off near you

15. Empty

Empty Member

1) What the fuck is a pencil supposed to mean?

2) Then stop complaining and trolling

3) We have tank mounted RAILGUNS that fire SUBSONIC projectiles

16. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

I say we implement radioactive effects for realism. Now when a player is near the ground zero of a nuke, they will be poisoned and die of cancer 10 rounds later

17. Empty

Empty Member

Assuming they don't die in that period of time?

18. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

Ok, so you spend 2000 resources researching the HIT or nuke or whatever you want to call it. And then you can't aim the freaking thing.

Are the researches inside the radar high or something?

19. dizzyone

1) Infantry are weak, you don't need a nuke to rape infantry, it's just an extra big explosion, how many weapons are there that have big explosions? Watch a couple ton of gunpowder explode in a stadium, start counting deaths.

2) I'm not complaining about the nuke, I'm saying the particle is too big, which you said wasn't your fault. I wasn't going to keep responding, but apparantly the name change is a big issue for some people.

3) yes and we also have (read had, name change) nukes on tanks. It doesn't mean it's a good idea to slap a mushroom cloud the size of my penis on it. Seriously. Even if the HIT was still called a nuke, what would you expect to happen with a particle that size? Have it barely scrape 3 plates off of a Heavy?

20. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

But the nuke particle effect is awesome.