Infiltration Round 5: We all live in a BE submarine

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Damn, I hate killing people like that...

Firstly, High Officer was all of us - I'm CW's clan leader atm, Brutos is a Developer, Kylegar was a Developer, Trickster is Epic's clan leader. The owning one is ....the only base crew there :headshot:

Secondly, the rifleman killed one of the special crew, not us. It was crazy luck that made it hard for you guys true, but in the end, the ones with leadership flair or an eye for clues were who we went for first.

From a PM that would have been before the post where I facepalmed myself.
    There should have been 8 of you left, it coulda been brought down to a 1vs1 draw or something :/

And lastly...damn you guys who were left, realise why you were left, you either troll so badly or are so ineffective as players that you're not worth killing. Vulkanis and Astroarchitect, between you two, we had more smokescreen than any infiltration crew would ever need.

Only one infiltrator voted in the last round - Kylegar and he was a sabouteur that was never used. You guys literally hung yourselves.

Just so sad to see. You made 40 pages, 25 of which are probably just 6 of you going around accusing each other. Trickster, Brutos, Kylegar and I hardly defended ourselves or posted.

I mean jesus christ, just...jesus christ....

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

I voted for Brutos in the end, Empty didn't notice my vote.

3. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

[20:37] Empty: cloud aint annoying
    [20:37] Empty: it's a pity he's no longer cannon fodder
    [20:37] Foxy: He's the comedic kill!
    [20:37] Empty: it would have been funny if it happened every time
    [20:37] Foxy: Yes
    [20:37] Foxy: Well
    [20:37] Foxy: I thought "Clouds don't belong on subs" Might have got him killed
    [20:37] Foxy: lol
    [20:37] Empty: everyones learned now
    [20:38] Empty: if he is an infiltrator
    [20:38] Empty: hes laughin
    [20:38] Foxy: ...
    [20:38] Empty: nobody kills him now :P
    [20:38] Foxy: HE IS AN INF.
    [20:38] Empty: if he is
    [20:38] Foxy: THE GIGGLING MAN

This is what distracted me.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Metal smith, Jekotia does have a point. Any smart infil team is going to kill you off first round, it's the logical thing to do. Had we had room for it (Rolsen hadn't AFKdied), I'd have killed Z!00000m off way earlier too.

5. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

I made a silly mistake and assumed all the infiltrators were stupid like the last 4 rounds.

Oh well, the one clue we had seems obvious in hindsight, but it really wasn't all that great while we were playing. Thats the kind of clue I would be expecting every night if we're expected to go on clues only.

Also, I want to vote for a new GM thats not empty, blizzerd, or predom.

6. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

This. No scout, no engies, and no grenadiers. After that it was basically a shooting gallery.

I think you overestimate the value of the clues given. Its easy to say 'I'm the inf, OMG THAT CLUE POINTS AT ME!' because you can selectively read Empty's post for stuff related to you.

Also, some of clues are related to details that some of us don't really know. For example, I didn't realize you were CW's clan leader (I always thought it was either Evan or Nebajoth). Some people pointed out that they didn't know Trickster was a minor. That's why we focus on posting behavior rather than Empty's clues. Maybe you enjoy meleeing people to death on district and that's why Empty choose the murder weapon to be a wrench, but we don't know that.

This usually isn't that big of a problem because we have special roles that can help deduce who is and isn't an inf. However, after they died the first night, we were basically screwed.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

funny fact is if metal wont be dead in the first night nexttime we play (are we?) he will be pretty much a prime suspect to any non-troll crew
    --
    well, normally i'd say that a made a mistake targeting owning instead of you, but cosidering the shitness of the situation, it wouldnt change much

8. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

Well, I must say I had the exact same thought about the infils too, Varbles.

I was thinking they were going to behave silly again like the previous rounds.

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Not really. Only that clue was scream out loud (and still relates to 3 other people besides the owning one) and I would consider it to apply to anyone high up e.g a dev like i've said. I usually disregard clues because I can't find them, focusing on the people...but there are a bunch who consistently seem to troll and fog up everything.

I've been a regular Base Crew like 3 times now? And an infiltrator once. Not that i'm saying i'm effective, but it really doesn't stop you using your head a little, hell Metal Smith is proof of that, if nothing else.

Not that i'm saying that you were a weak link, it was just crazy how the team became so rudderless without the few they look to to shake things up. And tbh, I don't think special abilities add anything to the base crew except the medic, no one believes the sabouteur, the rifleman has killed his own about 5/7 kills, engineer is useless and the grenadier fecks up Empty's GM'ing.

10. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

Why are you quoting Brutos yet talking to Trickster O.o

11. Empty

Empty Member

What the ****?
    I can make a clue point to as many or as few people as I want, you guys got given as many blatant clues as I could think of, and you STILL
    FUCKED
    UP.

In the words of TheOwningOne
    YOU FUCKED UP NOW

There is no excuse for this round, base crew were retarded.
    Maybe I should add a sign to the signup thread: You must be at least this smart to join -> (Picture of a monkey)

12. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

You forgot the scout. Nattaboy and I had some effective scouting in Round 2 :)

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

like i said before, clues pointing towards more than 3 people are pretty damn useless

also, it could be easier, if you would reconsider those /blatant/ clues that can be interpreted in many ways

and spelling errors were just a fail

--
    i agree partially with ikal, the riflemen ,for instance, could be renamed to team killer, but its stil a funny addition

14. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

I was less useful then a basecrew. Couldn't even take a bullet.

15. Empty

Empty Member

Zoom, considering the clue pointed to 6 people, and 4 of those six were infiltrators, your argument is stupid, if you'd taken a shot in the dark you would have hit someone.

16. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I don't think you understand how bad his aim is.

17. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

I liked my "Radio Operator" idea. It made what was a clue blatantly obvious, but allowed for misleading fake clues to come from the infiltrators and other stuff. I still think it might be very fun if it happened.

18. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

Man, that was pretty bad.

Infils got lucky with that special role M-M-MULTIKILL. You basically took out the whole planning strata of the base crew, leaving random bandwagoning.

19. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

ZOOM, I agree with Empty, WTF? Take multiple clues and collaborate them. Find who meets more than one clue! E.g. Trickster's cat avatar means he meets the high ranking AND giggling clues. Genius, no?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  20. Empty

Empty Member

Does that mean that this round got Retconned into official lore?

:3