wtf happened

Discussion in 'General' started by SirSnipes, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Not unless you want to propose government sanctioned euthanasia, no.

Playing the game for longer than other people doesn't give you privileges.

Most of the people I play with seem to be german. In fact all the players I meet seem to be either british, american, or german.

Modest.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. Jonat

Jonat Member

next time my tank goes pop, i'mma shout "Miene panzer ist kaput!" XD

3. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Now that I look at that, hmmm I do sound like a prick, my bad connotation's all off.

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Anyone who can play empires is a veteran as far as I'm concerned, older versions are irrelevant, current versions are the only thing that matters.

5. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

veteran (plural veterans)

1. A person with long experience of a particular activity.

The definition states a long time. But you're correct in saying that time does not relate directly to skill. Maybe there needs to be a word for 'skilled player'...

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I just use veteran, because having a word for people who have played it a long time is pointless, because as you said, time does not directly relate to skill, and skill is all the matters.

I should write a dictionary where I appropriate good words and make new definitions for them because the old ones are stupid.

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I think veteran doesn't have to imply skill really, just that the person is knowledgeable about the game...it is just about possible to play the game well without being skilled.

Also, if you really miss seeing certain people, you could always make a clan...we always need more clans for empires ^^

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I mean skill as in they possess the skill of being able to play the game.

9. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

1.0( i bought BF1942 for empires) when they moved to HL2 i wen tout AND bought H:2

good move

all i want to know is WHY THEY TRYED TO BAN ME WHEN THEY FUCKED UP, we had electric lts mk2 with UML and they still did fuckall and bitched at me

10. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

"Why is only a relevant question if he is sane, he may be doing it because the little yellow pixies tell him to."

11. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

tl dr

solution: suck less

12. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

It's called balls, and you need a pair to command. I'm not saying you don't have balls, but I am saying you at least need to act like it.

In my experience, it's better to come off authoritative, than to try and be the nice guy and complain when people don't give a shit about you being a nice guy. Expect a shitty team and hope for a good team. If you get a shitty team, then leave. You don't need to prove a point by playing on a team that hates you as commander. Also, before you do leave, recycle everything and park the CV next to the enemy.

Fuck them :D

Also, use sarcasm, and joke, and try not to yell. You only get so far by yelling lol.

13. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

This is probably the only way to command a newb-only team, but I find you can resort to less harsh methods if you have around 5-10 skilled/vet players. You just need to manage them correctly. Have a specific research path in mind and stick with it. Try to get the bulk of the newbs to specific areas (to be cannon fodder), while you micromanage the better players.

If you have anything less than 5 skilled/vet players then you've pretty much lost. Though you could try to organize a HSM-style tank/APC rush :)

BTW, I consider anyone who has played Empires for over 3 months as a vet. The nature of the game makes it have a high dropout rate that only the most persistent or skilled continue after a few months.

14. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

[​IMG]

So anyway, if someone is being a mega-jerk and pissing me off, I go park my cv next to him, tell him to get in, then join a server which isn't full of gits, or just quit and mooch around some forums for a while.

Also it helps if you have some other of your 'veteran' friendies on the server, they'll back you up and megapwn the noob who is insulting you. Then get him banned for excessive flaming. A winnar = you.

15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

For some reason when I swear profusely at my team they do not function better, what am I doing wrong?

When I don't have to swear at them I quite like commanding, but that's rare, so I hate commanding as a rule.

16. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

You only swear? HSM swears + tells everyone where to go, in a very nice way.

17. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I tell people where to go, I just tell them by saying 'Fucking hell! Why the fuck are you over there! I told you to go to the other fucking side of the map, fuck's sake.'

For some reason 'fuck' is the only curse I employ, which is odd because I don't usually swear very much, never see the need.

18. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Chris, it's your accent.

I just can't bring myself to take a British accent seriously. It makes me giggle.

Seriously. I don't know what it is. it might be the guys from Ireland, Britain, and Scotland that I used to play cs with. They used to go at eachother all the time. Their command of inappropriate english terms was admirable.

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

England, not britain, britain is the whole lot of them.

What about if I threaten to dump the CV in the nearest lake?

20. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

omg your british? me to, cept im in canada