wtf happened

Discussion in 'General' started by SirSnipes, Mar 26, 2009.

1. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

ok someone tell me where i went wrong

my team asks for a rax, i place it and they build turrets, theyask for VF then build jeeps, they bitch when they get turrets and a armourie to hold the middle of crossroads and then wanted me banned for refusing to commit suicide, all on nachos, has this community gone to shit or was just in a bad game, i had to take over for a comm who left as soon as it started( noone noticed and they bitched constantly when they got what they asked for(doing shit all ) and then ranted failcomm, failcomm, failcomm and then all satrted yelling ban

WTF

2. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

Whoa...Looks like you came into the Nachos server at the wrong time. I've done that before. Failteam, failcomm, failotherteam, not-so-failothercomm

3. Bass

Bass Member

This is why I refuse to Com now.

4. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

seriously is there anything we can do to stop this?, its fucking rediculas, dissing some of the longest playing empires players in the community

5. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

It's because veterans like me have been boycotting the game and or not playing due to this update, maybe next update.

6. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

so the vets shouldnt play because of the influx in newbs?

7. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

No, because this version even though yes, I personally don't like many of the updates, but regardless of that this version is about as thrilling as watching paint dry.

8. spellman23

spellman23 Member

If "new players" are that much of a group of jerks, I'm not sure we're attracting the right kind of new players.

Also, yes I have found that most vets are taking a leave of absence while the dev team fix their stuff.

9. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Need the ability to recycle friendly infantry......

10. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

There is a console command for disabling text chat. Turn text chat off. Next, disable voice in game.

After that, spam targets, drop refs and barracks and shit like you normally would, while typing (hopefully correctly) orders for your team to do.

This is a good way to get to be a better commander.

11. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Sigh, luckily the developers are fixing this non-sense.

12. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

But what if your teammates do the same?

13. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Commander can spam commands. Unless you physically replace the .wav files with blank wave files or turn your sound off, and then some how get rid of the diamons and lines and such, it'll be very difficult to ignore commander orders.

as far as vets taking a break from empires: yeah, probably. So much change, too much too quickly for most I expect. So far empires has been like a slightly different version of the same brand game (like those WWII games). Each new version is the same thing, but different. Now it is starting to feel like a beta again, rather than a polished public game for people to play.

by polished, I mean nothing that isn't obscenely unbalanced. Like NF lights.

or if there was a glitch (impulse 101 ftw!) (Building / dropping mines in com view FTW!) usually the general public never figured it out. and that was alright. Most of the vets kept those two in particular pretty quiet.

(impulse 101 was giving 25 health when used back in 2.12. So those guys that were impossibly fast and good at meleeing people, if they aren't still doing it, they probably were using this :P)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  14. Kolaris

Kolaris Member

Don't play on Nachos. Its the epitome of failure.

I would rather play on some of the Euro servers and get 200 ping than play on Nachos.

15. kill3rtomato

kill3rtomato Member

fyi, it's not just noobs being dicks on Empires now.. :<

16. OuNin

OuNin Member

I get electric APCs and RPGs. They have no choice but to listen to me.

17. Jonat

Jonat Member

I play nachos and it can be a pain. But yeah, that team was obv. griefer/fail to begin with.

18. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

You certainly aren't talking about communism, who liked to drop mines on the enemy vf while commanding on a public 40 slot server.

19. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Well, I was a little annoyed with some games I had on nachos a week back, but these last two days i've had good games - both on nachos and napalms...so, hasn't really been too bad.

20. Sirex

Sirex Member

I miss all the German people :(. Before you could play on warfactory and that other server that was not empire for all but had like 20-30 player limit and was german. So fun plaing with those guys, all serious and occasional screaming "My panzer ist kaput!!!" in voice chat :p. So sence that server dropped Empires has been les fun :(.

Also haven't seen Blackcopper or Zippy in ages :(, anyone know them and if ther are just taking a break? Zippy is the most wounderful little facist commander ever :D, and blackcopper makes death threats if you don't research good engine lol.