Why Empires ist NOT dead!

Discussion in 'General' started by Urknall, Sep 15, 2014.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I actually have the opposite problem because they see the videos of me acting stupid and want to play, and I tell them no that they don't want to get involved.
    Maybe one day though.

One day.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yeah this, I have a hard time getting people in the game. It really doesn't help that the first round we get into is our team getting steam rolled or there is actually some people on which means the game it hectic. They just don't know what's going on, even when I try to explain what to do or what's happening they're just like "no, I think this is too confusing."

Also flashce is right, groups don't mean much. When I was trying to get pugs going I used the vet group of like 300 people or so, only 10% ever showed interest and it really was because they were older players who only play larger pops and saying "pug" pretty much guarantees a decent pop.

I really should get around to making custom map pug, but man that is a bunch of effort.

3. Vdragon

Vdragon Member

That's sooooooooooooo true.

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I can secretly make their gaming experience a lot better, even though they'd still have no idea what they are doing.

5. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

> Security think he can carry.

Security want one thing.

[​IMG]

6. BigTeef

7. communism

communism poof

ns2 sucks dicks compared to 1
    /thread

spoken like a true scrub

8. BigTeef

Yeah it's not like I never played AVP before.
    A game where the aliens are even more bullshit with press E to win.
    NS2 aliens are easy and that's all there is to it. Go play it and prove me wrong.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  9. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

They are easy if you have an ounce of a brain. I've seen countless people just rush in from the front/ground. Still, I've felt like ns2 is slowly becoming like empires where there's always a bunch of vets on the server who just know where you'll hide to jump out at them.

To make things more clear on how balance of ns2 is, complete noobs would win as marines against complete noob alien team, just because it feels a lot more familiar in terms of fps'. after playing for like 5 hours aliens would win because aliens would begin to understand the whole hide and strike concept, that and they can stick to ceilings. After 15-20 I think marines will know where to expect aliens and won't be surprised and die all the time, so it becomes anyone's game.

This doesn't account for the fact vets will show up and it is a lot easier to hard carry in ns2 a badish team, what with the commander being stuck in one place, the ability to have it auto research, and just more general info on how not to suck in comm view compared to empires. Like, I feel like ns2 is less reliant on the commander being not terrible compared to empires where it doesn't matter if you do good if the commander starts researching arty without anything else.

Though whenever I think of maps like mines I can't help but wonder how much aliens biased it can be. Large open spaces is the worst for marines.