whats wrong with snipery scouts?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by supaste, May 27, 2006.

1. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Man I keep pwning people with the sniper rifle to show them that it's overpowered but they just won't quit D:

2. Nutcase

Nutcase Member

Ok I'm looking at the script right now emp scout rifle 150 damage per bullet and reload time of 1.2 emp heavy rifle 50 damage per bullet and reload time of .065 ok the scout rifle is powerful but the heavy rifle if I calculated this right can deal 923 damage in the time it takes the scout rifle to reload so think about that;)

3. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

But it's a lot harder to hit with the heavy rifle. The recoil is enormous.

4. PHASER8

PHASER8 Member

Wanna know whats wrong with snipers?
    They're not team players AT ALL.

Besides some of these maps dont snipers, not long enough range and the fact they are just useless in protecting their t'mates.

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Too bad it's hard enough to lay down 2 accurate shots, and after the 3rd shot the recoil spreads like crazy.

6. palehorse864

palehorse864 Member

At close-medium range I have seen guys mow everyone down. Out at range it is a bit harder but to be honest, scout rifles are not that good at range either, especially with their long reload time. Currently there is no effective "snipery" scout because they are ineffective at range and only powerful close up where they need to defend themselves. They can get kills at range but that is usually on targets that seem to be totally oblivious ot the fact that they keep getting shot every 1.2-2 seconds and stand there. Here the problem isn't the gun but the target of the gun.

Trust me, the heavy rifle and especially that assault rifle is massively powerful at range and compensates for any misses by sheer spam of bullets.

If you want to do better with them, use burst fire to control your shots.

7. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I dont have a problem with the scout rifle vs riflmen issue. Scouts are easy to kill anyways. What I do have a problem with is if a scout has a long ranged weapon (you cant say it cant hit at long range) and no nades to take out turrets than he usually has no reason to attack bases. I've said this way too many times, com's hate scouts >.<,,,

8. Nato

Nato Member

Why not torment those who refuse to work with a team and just sit there sniping in one spot camping out... Give them air rifles so after every shot they get to sit there pumping up the gun again :)

9. Jn.

Jn. Member

LOL. Press space bar in rapid succession over and over again until the meter fills up :D

10. Tarantio

Tarantio Member

Am I the only one that DOESNT seem to have such an issue with scouts? I find I am hardly ever shot by them and they dont bother me at all. They are fun to have and I enjoy playing as them, but I dont find when I'm a different class I am killed by them. Infact; I'm killed more often by riflemen than scouts.

11. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

It's not who kills you, it's the annoyingness of getting killed by a scout that runs down the hill at you when you're an engi or grenadier or NF rifleman... You shoot and get hits and then the bastard taps his attack key once and you're dead. Or one of those buggers decides to park his hidden arse in your barracks and kill you at spawn. I got both today. Oh and then there's the case with a pair of scouts shooting you at medium range where one scout shot takes half of your energy. Two hidden buggers at medium range. WTH you can do!

12. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

In support of these opinions, I anser your question: Flame and beg krenzo to FUZUKEN fix the imbalances before..... IRONSIGHTS!! How usless are those?:mad:

*ahem* Oh, and i'm still awaiting my perma-ban. :p

13. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

What oh what can we do about them scouts..
    hmmmm......
    hmmmm......
    Oh here is a crazy idea how about after they kill us we respawn and fight back.
    Sounds good to me how about you guys?

14. Deiform

Deiform Member

sniprez r banedn from war coz dey r noobs an dey ave zoomy funcntoin on sniprez rifel. dey ave to sniperz yu wit pistolez insaetd plz. rawrrrr!1!!

dey sucks olol kthnxbai.

Generally the argument yes?

15. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Not at all. :) We are talking about game, not real war. Teamgame. While those two scouts were busy playing hide and snipe with me the rest of my team took their base down. Scouts aren't teamplayers, scouts have an annoying rifle and scouts are generally played by people who love AWP in CS and would like to play this game in the same way.
    And who here likes to get killed right at the moment you spawn by some silly scout hiding right in your barracks? Raise your hands and give me a goddamn rifle.

16. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

don't be so arrogant, wereaser:

-i hate the AWP (it's actually AWM but no-one listens)
    ----but love the scout rifle
    -i am ALWAYS a team player
    -scouts do less damage at range, so their weapons are difficult to use at med range anyway- and this comes from an experienced player
    -if you are spawn killed once then it takes you a WHOLE 6 SECONDS to respawn as a rifleman and blast his arse against the wall. "oh no! i just spawned and now I'm dead!"- it'll take you 6 seconds to get back to the same place but up to 5 mins for him; so just after being spawned is the best place to be killed. plus, he's not benefiting his team so it doesn't really imbalance the game.

17. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Great point Sandbag, he's not benefiting his team, he's playing without teamwork, which is one of the most important things about playing this game. If he was helping his team, I'd be fine with it, but he's not. I know there's very few other options for the scout, so far, but I don't think sniping and spawn-killing should be an option for the scout.

what's wrong with snipery scouts? I agree with you Sandbag, it's the lack of teamwork, which is why the class should get a new purpose.

18. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i just can't tell if that's sarcasm or misreading what i was kinda trying to get at, but i entirely agree with your point.

19. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

LOL I'll take what I can get.

20. Jn.

Jn. Member

I think templar was trying to say that you're basically contradicting your argument by stating that he's not helping the team, which is one of the main arguments against the rifle. I would have no problem with giving the rifle to RIFLEmen, since it's clearly used solely for taking out infantry. Gosh how many times do I have to say this? Of course, some changes would need to be made so all riflemen wouldn't only use it. Scouts need lots of better abilities. Once they get those, they rifle can either be taken out, or given to riflemen with changes/limits. Right now, scouts are pretty much useless, annoying bitches who don't use teamwork at all :D

Oh yeah, Sandbag, it can either be AWP or AWM. AWM standing for arctic warfare magnum, and AWP being for arctic warfare police. Two versions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L96#Variants