whats wrong with snipery scouts?

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by supaste, May 27, 2006.

1. supaste

supaste Member

to be honest i couldnt care wether or not the scout rifle was removed or not but why does every one have to go on about the scould being like a sniper and ruining the game because it dosnt!

and my question to you all is:

what is realy wrong with the scout being like a sniper?

2. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Because snipers, in general, do nothing to aid teamwork.

3. Soldier in White

Soldier in White Member

and the ever classic

or do they? 0_o

4. zadarblack

zadarblack Member

lol when a sniper kill me i usualy take a tank and search him ^^ or take a sniper and give him back

sniper is needed in any good war game end of story

5. FLH

FLH Member

Yay, put them in, then everyone will go sniper and camp, then after several weeks and a new patch they'll limit them to 2 per team, then we'll have endless games where people beg to be let sniper and / or barrate those that are sniper for being noobs that can't shoot....

Yeah they'd be fun but does the mod REALLY need um ?! nope, it aint worth it :)

6. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

What, is the scout rifle being removed?? Why the hell??

7. the_6th_monkey

the_6th_monkey Member

A team of scouts will obviously lose even though they have a sniper rifle. If a vehicle comes by they have nothing to defend themselves with whatsoever.

8. Mydarbin

Mydarbin Member

The scout should get a carbine, more accurate than assault rifles, but it should take a few hits to kill people. Just like it is now. Maybe the solution here is to lower scout base HP to discourage looking for Headon fights and promote ambushes and sneaking up behind people and shooting them in the back? The scout might get something else boosted like foot speed to make up for the HP nerf.. This might make hide a necessity for scouts, but isnt that a good thing?

9. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

Was there ever a problem with scout rifles? Getting shot in the head and dying from one shot, because you were standing still in the open? That's the purpose of scouts; occasionally picking off incautious wanderers or building engineers. It's part of the game. Playing ANY game will be quite annoying if getting sniped frustrates you.

[​IMG]

You only need to be more careful!

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  10. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

Neither will anybody but a Grenadier team, I don't think that's the point. Also, a team of Scouts will always win, assuming they're skilled and within a short distance of the enemy. This was Counter-Strike's inherent flaw, the AWP was the ultimate weapon, assuming the players were capable enough. In Empires, this heavily disrupts class balance, giving players even less reason to play Rifleman. If it weren't for how blatantly overpowered the Brenodi weaponry is, I doubt we'd see many Riflemen at all.

And ultimately, it's really, really cheesey to die to something you can neither see or defend yourself against. It's not enough to say "well, don't be in the open!", that's rediculous. I play the Scout more than any class as of late, and I'd like to see the Empires-AWP removed from the game.

11. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

Carbine would be less accurate than an Assault rifle...

the counter to Scouts are other Scouts, cameras and veichles...

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  12. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

If Scouts counter Scouts, and Scouts are anti-infantry, why play Rifleman? :S

13. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

rifleman is crowd control:cool: atleast Brenodi:p

14. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

One of the main reasons why scouts are overpowered and very annoying now is because of the large nature of Empires maps. Sure, maybe a skilled assault could take out a scout in close combat, but even halfway dumb scouts know to keep their distance. Plus, Empires requires that you stand still sometimes ie. engineers repairing buildings. Why are snipers even neccesary? Would the game be that much worse without them?

15. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Outclasses riflemen in every way. Coupled with the greatly more useful scout skills, it makes riflemen exceptionally pointless. Not to mention how any infantry don't have any real defense against them with the emptyish maps of empires :P

I really don't see why every fps feels the need to have some formt of sniper rifle anyway :P

16. Ermm ok!

Ermm ok! Member

The issue with the scout rifle is not its effectivness its the class which uses it.

At present many people use the scout solo to harras the enemy or in a group as anti infantry.

The scout is not meant to be an anti infantry class.

Personally the scout rifle as a rifle doesnt bother me. Its the only NF weapon i think is really usable.

17. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure it's due to it's effectiveness. You can put it in any class you like, it's still going to overshadow all other infantry v infantry weapons.

18. Jn.

Jn. Member

Agreed. All that needs to be done is to give the scout more fun abilities and nerf or take away the rifle.

19. Ermm ok!

Ermm ok! Member

Personally i think the BR AR is better than either of the scout rifles at range. You dont have to be good with it just spray spray spray and the target drops.

I think the scout rifle is too weak at long range to be considerd an AWP. At range the BR AR kills quicker than the scout rifle , granted you can see where the fire is coming from but your still dead.

This game DOESNT need a proper AWP like sniper rifle because the maps r so big. If we had a gun with AWP power and AWP accuracy the majority of people would just hide and snipe people and people who actually tried 2 play the game proper would end up just being long range fodder.

Most Mods do have sniper rifles and by and large there ok but this is only because the maps are so much smaller when compared with empires.

20. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

[RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu Member

The Scout Rifle is NOT being removed.