What map must i make next?

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Silk, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Demented

Demented Member

Well, you'd need to manufacture an 8-ton shell for each shot and it's not like you can fire one every 30 seconds...

Plus, I'm pretty sure someone's going to frown on you when you fire 'the 42' every time you see an NF CV.

2. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Actually, that depends on when in the war it is. Eventually, the Brenodi started using gauss cannons on the MAC's, which for a weapon of that size, had a high RoF.

MAC's will likely never be ingame as an actual unit. The size of one is probably larger than emp_district if you were to use the farthest points as opposite corners of a rectangle. Even with scaling it would be a little too big. Maybe not though. Maybe there's small MAC's we pubbies just haven't been told about yet?

3. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

MAC infiltration sounds like a map idea. Though maybe Empires can merge with the Eternal Silence mod?

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Only problem is that if your capturing the mother of blimbs, players are gonna bitch when they don't get to fly it :p

5. OuNin

OuNin Member

Func tracktrain? :V

If the MAC is as big as district, I suppose it would be better stationary, like it has landed, but I don't think it would be perversion of the canon if it was a smaller type of MAC.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  6. Demented

Demented Member

It's the loading system that makes large guns fire so slowly, not the firing mechanism. Moving the shell and the gunpowder into place can take 10-30 seconds, and the largest naval guns in history were only 18-inchers.
    (In the story, it's just implied that the gauss cannons have less/no recoil.)

Oh, and every time you mention MAC I think of those big floaty things from BF2142.

7. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Gauss doesn't use gunpowder. A gauss cannon, also known as a coil gun, uses magnetic coils along the barrel for acceleration.