What happend to all that people that used to play this game

Discussion in 'General' started by Brutan, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Pumpinator

Pumpinator Member

well, the reason of why i changed the multiplier is to keep a fast paced game, the team that falls assleep looses, but i can change it back to default, also the bigest complains about EMP are the bugs and graphics, and every now n then the ocasional crash, i have noticed a huge decline on EMP community, at the beginning there was 5 or 6 servers near capacity, and now is normally one and another w/ 1 or 2 players on them, also another thing to worry will be the release on Ethernal Silence "NS type of game but with aircraft" and Iron Grip "EMP like game" but with improved graphics Nuclear Dawn was due to come out, but the developers pulled the plug on it "dunno why, it seemed pretty good" but anywhoot, many ppl seemed to like the settings on the OnE server, but like i said ill give it a shot and set it back to normal, but if it gets boring......time for some speed hacks "meaning it will go back as to how it is rite now", let me know if your thoughts.

2. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. ND never posted a release date afaik (Well, after some snooping it appears to be January). But yes, those new mods coming out will keep some people from playing this for a time being.

From what I see, there's plenty of new people that try this game out, keyword is try. Oh sure, they have an initial interest in the mod, but are quickly turned off by the common things; Bugs, crashes, graphics, sound, "it's no fun", etc. Not to mention the 'nice welcome' by some of the players, "RTFM NOOB"... Yeah, I admit that I'm not the most graceful of welcomers. But seriously, if someone gets the impression that the player base is nothing but *Insert random swear*, they will not want to play. Well, there's dbs everywhere, atleast it's kept a little fair in balance here. Besides, from what I gather (Now I'm most likely wrong here, just a speculation) the dev's want to keep the mod 'underground' so to speak. They trust most of the community (I'm not included, since I know nothing about modding) enough to help improve the mod every way possible. It makes sense, why make a mistake and lose another large potential player base?

3. Jimather

Jimather Member

im with that guy.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

boo sucks to you. rehab is for quiters (wtf?)

5. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

im waiting for patch 1.08. i cant STAND the current animations/skins/models, and i want aircraft, so plan on seeing me around when it comes out ;)

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I hate it when people are waiting for the next patch. because when you get that one, you'll quit after a week and be waiting for the next one! imagine if krenzo got (god forbid) hit by a bus tommorow without ever releasing the next patch! be happy with what ye have :P

7. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

gotta keep an eye out for those busses on the aircraft carriers

8. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

empires lost me for a while - i tried it and then everyone mentioned ns a bit too much so i had to play it (ns) again and installed it once more, in the end i managed to tear my self away from it again though, its too good to be played (running for busses to try and make work only a little late isnt too fun after a while) empires is a lot easier to put down which is nice.

umm, anyway, a touch off topic

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

me too and I NEED AIR SUPPORT NOW

10. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

I've had two week long breaks in succession. There are those pesky things that bug me so much that I just have to take a break after a couple of rounds(scout rifle, owerpowered arty and BE team stacking)... I just can't take it anymore. Not in these quantities. Too many shitty games ending in arty rape(and in most cases BE team having 3 to 4 players more than the NF team for the whole game) and too few GGs. :( I think I'm taking a third week long break and hope that the scout whores will choke to their next breakfast...

11. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

My graphics card broke, and I can't play any good mod right now. I have a new card, but now I need a new motherboard and processor to game better.

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Exactly the same as me, and it was during playing empires :o

13. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i just got a new computer,
    Asus A8N-SLI Nvidia Nforce4
    2GB DDR PC3200 Kingstong
    Evga Geforce 7900GT KO 256MB
    580W Power Supply
    Thermaltake Kandalf; Black
    Logitech G15 Keyboard
    Logitech G7 Laser Gaming Mouse

14. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

no offence, but you should have got a processor, you nubblet :p

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

a little oot?

but a very nice computer it sounds like :D

16. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Psh. I wish i had a day job. :(. I built mine with 400 bucks. Came out to be 350+ lozl

17. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

Real life, basically. Big cross country move. But I've got to admit, alot of the balance issues really haven't encouraged me to play much, either. Assault rifles, artillery, scout rifle, etc. Still here, though, and will hopefully have more time before the year's out.

18. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

OMG LOOKS LIKE SLITH IS BACK :D

I think with the new patch Empires will gain a renewed and a more eager player base :D

19. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

PLZ!!
    Dual Core +3800 AMD Athlon 64 X2

built on a motherfucking paperboys salary.

20. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Yes, now people get to cuss me out again for mortar spamming them. :|