We want Commander targets back

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Deletejohnson, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Empty

Empty Member

I can see some effort went into that.

2. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

yet Trickster seems to be the only one out of all of you guys that seems to intouch with the community.

3. Demented

Demented Member

While I could live with this, I don't think many of the people who want targets would accept it. Also...

I tend to think that is the real problem. Single targets wouldn't suffice. There needs to a way for the commander to participate in a battle

Listening posts solve the dilemma of wasting a commander's time with targets, it doesn't solve the problem of leaving a commander with nothing to do.

4. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

well the commander can give manual "attack here orders" or "move here orders" but.. i dont know. it seems commanders may feel less empowered or less influential in leading the team to victory.

i commed for a bit before with like 40% success ratio in small-medium sized games (on NF side and with bioMG + homing). giving targets was a hassle and people always bitch "OMFG GIVE US TARGETS U FAILNESS". actually, giving targets is not the hassle.. updating targets is a hassle. locating the person and the area he is in to give targets is frustrating at times. i just fail 100% now without targets XD.. or maybe it was nerfing of some NF weapons that i usually research.

targets would be nice to have back, but not 100% needed. I suppose its equivalent to your intestines... u can lose 80% of ur intestines and ull still be fine.

5. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

OMG OMG OMG World is ending because I said that one of you is trolling when saying that there are no comm orders available which is obviously not true.

If it's even true that devs don't care then why are you still writing more here?

6. Empty

Empty Member

Trickster is just as much of a dick as the rest of us.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

We as in who? You and.....

Yeah but he actually listens to us and makes decisions that are based on common sense. He doesn't hold grudges like a little kid, he actually seems to want to better the mod instead of piss off the community.

8. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

there are plenty of reasons for someone to put there time and effort into this project. "because I care"? i dont think that is the only or rather the main reason some of the devs keep working on the game. I would belive status could be or even control, though i'm not directly stating it is.;) ;) ;)

9. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

you and.... just you.

10. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

the funny thing about trickster is he will directly state why something wont work or tell use what he thinks when we give him input. But when we speak to others on the team. (you as in just now) We are either treated like kids or abused and insulted.
    Better hope Nuclear dawn sucks kids because there is only so much a community can take. :p :p :p :p

http://www.nucleardawnthegame.com/

11. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Why are people talking like everyone is the community?

I hate you all.

12. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

we are the world?

13. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

I know what we could do, have listening posts that give passive targets within their range! Of course they'd have to be big and weak or something to balance their benefit.

:P

14. Empty

Empty Member

The funny thing about trickster is he's not in charge of new features, he's in charge of balance.

You can't expect us to add or even consider every stupid idea that crawls into the cavity between the back of your head and your eyeballs.

15. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Exactly.

16. zenarion

zenarion Member

I'd say a lot of bullshit was removed from Empires when commtargets dissapeared.
    For
    instance
    Mayama
    isn't playing
    anymore.
    LOL

17. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Not true. MOOtant plays at least 6 hours a day at the moment. He has over 100 hours of purely playing empires over the last 2 weeks.

Also no, I consider a fair amount of you retarded dickwads with no opinion worth listening to. I state what's happening because in my opinion, it results in less nagging than if I just tell you to fuck off. It doesn't mean I in any way am a nicer person. I just don't like being nagged at. I'm a busy person.

18. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

I missed commander targets no second and I play often as commander.

Why do you want wall hacks back? Don't you get enough kills without them? Do you think that it is skilled or fun to press a and draw rectangles all the time?

And when you don't have enough to do as commander get a mic and start commanding.

But I also give static targets to my team members. They work much better because they receive only one target. With this I coordinate tanks to kill a decent building or mark a sniper on the hill.

19. o_O

o_O Member

Holding A and dragging a box every 5 seconds is retarded. Targets should either be automated or gone.

If the comm needs more to do then bring back boomtanking or give them some spells to cast like "chrono boost" or "scanner sweep" or whatever. I think the comm vehicle should have a melee attack but I doubt that will ever happen.

20. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yes commander skills - cant even tell how often i said it would be awesome to have them ...

also comm vehicle has a melee attack Oo