We want Commander targets back

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Deletejohnson, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

I believe a huge population decrease can be contributed to the fact the commander can no longer give targets back.
    i have talk with a few in game and a few vets that say they want targets back.
    So here is a little thread for those of you who want command targets back to sound off and hopefully get them back by a short of petition to get it back.

2. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

I always opposed the idea of getting rid of targets,
    now that they are gone everyone cries for them, orly,
    that was just tooooo unpredictable :rolleyes:

(IF you want to nerf them, restrict them to single targets ...)

/+1

3. Axeman

Axeman Member

It might be a bit far to attribute overall continuing decline in empires to the removal of commander targets, but I do believe that the removal of commander targets decreased the role of the commander overall and made him less pivotal in the course of battle, which I feel is a negative thing as it was one of the unique things to empires.

/+1

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

the only thing the commander commands now is research and buildings. He has no other way to control troops. well he does but, I have almost never have had the com issue move here commands to me. Don't get me wrong I am happy they(target spam) are gone but, ya coms need to have some more ways to guide the troops.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  5. complete_

complete_ lamer

they removed something so pivital to the game and gave nothing in return

6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Exactly..

Basically I think targets need to be re added temporarily until chris0123's suggestion of listening posts are added. Indirect weapons will not work unless you have feed back like vipers damage plugin and with the current rifles you really do need to stay behind cover to use the mowtar against skilled players.

Cameras don't have the range and are really only useful on district not classic maps.

7. ViroMan

I would rather not have target spam back. I wouldn't mind attack this command but spamming targets I always disliked.

8. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Troll elsewhere.

9. ViroMan

I assure you um... dude that I am not trolling. I am sincere in my stated stance with no malice, malcontent or subversive ideas.

10. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I hate targets. It's an FPS above an RTS. Use your mic.

11. Empty

Empty Member

Make a poll and find out it's just retarded furries and HSM.

12. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

Well it seems to me that the player base disagrees considering less and less people are playing ever since command targets were removed. I have steam rating of ten to prove my attendance in empires. Either have to targets till you can replace it or leave it in.

13. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

believe it or not but i had a whole team of players that wanted command targets back that have yet to post on the forms expressing such feelings.;)

14. complete_

complete_ lamer

everyone that plays the game hates the forums.

its easy to see why

15. Empty

Empty Member

Hi complete, you seem mad about something.

16. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah cause dev's insult us when we give opinions yet ask for them for whatever reason. You seem to take them as insults.. I am not even asking for targets to be returned for ever. Just until Chris0123's listening posts can be added. And no it's not about oh no I can't rape anymore with out targets.. I just did 20 mins ago. It's about the new players and giving them a chance to not just get obliterated by pros and being able to make indirect weapons useful with out needing vipers damage plugin..

17. Empty

Empty Member

That's because we don't like you dubee.

18. Deletejohnson

Deletejohnson Banned

thats why the game is dying. i play all the time listen to what people want and post. The forum VS the people that ACTUALLY FUCKING PLAY THE GAME. The people that play dont go on the forums and the people that go on the forums barely fucking play but they get the most attention from the devs it seems.

19. Empty

Empty Member

I last played empires 2 days ago and I'm working on particles at this very moment.

Trickster plays regularly, being the leader of EPIC. Mootant comes in now and then mostly to rage at us while we play, and that's the whole dev team at this point, so basically you're full of shit.

Hell, my sig is a quote from about a week ago on Mvalley, the devs were in spec talking about a few things and mostly arguing with eachother as we do, and this hhotstarr guy commented on it.

20. complete_

complete_ lamer

This is me