we need a pug

Discussion in 'General' started by Paradox, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

WHEN IS IT???? I call Nihia, Reznov, Bloodraven, LordDz, w00kie, Paradox, Meliarion, Zanarias, Herbie, aridian, Frax, Xya, Rob, Michael, PredatoR, Mash, Mr.Incognito, YouzY, Mahtipakarat, Ommadawn, and Squish on my team.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

[​IMG]
    Only if we are called Penis power. And before every voice command we say penis.

3. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

You have a deal.

4. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

I'm on it.

5. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

Shit, something came up. Can't attend.

6. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Had to leave after district, and along with a few others I had to make a free 2 play account because of some steam shittyness (invalid steam id ticket) but despite all of that had alot of fun.

And wow, look at that - we managed it without any drama?!

7. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

No, there was a lot of drama. Cyclopean had Molly Conexxion elected to commander over Malarion and he started telling everyone how shitthey were because he hadn't seen them before. He said a few times he was the best on the server, and was 100% serious, which was when I started giving him shit.

8. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Didn't really see much new then hey

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

best on the server, yah I am pretty sure he was.
    He's been around for quite long time.
    Wasn't the best option I would assure u, but he did his job well.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  10. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Then it was the team that was retarded, suddenly I'm glad I didn't bother playing. Connexion is an arrogant ass and only an average pub commander, not ready for commanding serious games. Heh last time I commanded against him on Slaughtered he got bio ml meds(NF) against heavies..we ended up losing though because my team was stupid and didn't get enough tanks out. But I still managed to drive a railheavy from be main(which was sorounded by heavies) to nf main and next to his cv, he got away though because I overestimated rails and didn't bother throwing a stun sticky on him.. still how can someone miss that? he only reacted when I started shooting him.

11. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

This one time on some random map (pretty sure it was slaughtered) I asked him to get nukes. The map had been going on for almost 2 hours and I asked him to get nukes and finish the god dam research. We had 25k res and he refused saying they're bad. HOW ARE NUKES BAD????? They're a decent end-game weapon.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Conexxion may have been playing for the decades that he has on empires, but hes extremely retarded. Conexxion in comm seat is like Mootant as lead/the whole dev team; unpredictable. Don't be surprised by his conduct.

13. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I have never had a problem with Connexion, certainly no more than any other commander - every comm makes mistakes and no-one should hold one or two mistakes to account over long periods.

I've seen him manage res and time well & apply appropriate research to the situation. No comm gets it right every time but I don't think its right to crucify them & I don't think Connexion is as bad as you are making out.

Also Connexion comms alot of rounds in pub games which this game needs more of - its not always fun commanding pubs, sometimes its downright frustrating. Which is usually when you see commanders at their worst (in a pub game, with a few vets screwing around, nubs failing, everyone screaming at each other)

Plenty of people who can command just fine hardly ever do so I think you could do a lot worse to be honest.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  14. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

Entirely ignoring all posts between my own and the last post, what if we had another PUG?

15. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

From this point onward, I intend to host pugs weekly on the test version of Empires. Go make a post in that thread in the news section if you want in.

16. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

:|ove:

17. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

The weekly pugs are more like weekly crash sessions.

18. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Problem, Paradox friend?

Not to mention the fact that the crashy bugs are being worked on as fast as possible:)

19. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

No problems.

20. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

The first tests were always going to have the biggest problems. The ones after that will still have big problems, but hopefully less. And the ones after that a bit less. There's a fuck tonne to get done and that means not everything can be fixed overnight.