we need a pug

Discussion in 'General' started by Paradox, Nov 5, 2011.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I grew up running after captain Price and the likes.

I was storming Omaha beach, riding through north Africa, sabotaging German dam power plants, hijacking nazi bombers, dropping out of blown open bombers, crawling through abandoned pipelines, sniping officers, charging down the eastern front in a T-34, running away from banzai japanese, blowing up flamethrowerfags, defending a manor from a big counterattack with a single looted Panzershreck, storming a hill while under MG fire, dropping at least 10 Messerschmitts with a borrowed AA gun, running from tanks in a reclaimed armored car, being paradropped behind enemy lines. Oh and I stuck the Soviet flag on top of Reichstag in 3 different ways.

Not to mention the other, more modern CODs. Bonus to the guy that colors the actions according to each game (1, UO, 2, WAW).

And yes, it's either Trickster or complaining how nothing gets ever done.

2. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

i'll organize it. date tbd. maybe this weekend on saturday, EMPHASIS ON MAYBE
    could be following week, got buttloads of homework.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

oddly enough, i only see "we need <insertsomethingtheguycouldorganizehimself>" posts from paradox.

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

(no offense trixy) They just have begun to depend on him since he likes to take control of what ever is going on. Like a flexed muscle. Stop flexing it and it gets weak and flabby. So too is our organizational skills. It would be good for us to not depend on him so much... and get things done by our-self. God forbid trixster has a mental breakdown(soon?) and there is no one left to tell people what to do.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I like to be in control because I honestly don't believe anyone else is competent enough to do it. I've seen other people try host pugs and every single one has failed without exception. I would consider Deadpool about the only other person capable of organising a pug though, so he should be able to manage it. But realistically, I've run every pug for the last 4 years, helped out with 90% of scrim matches, whether or not they've involved EPIC, did the old Empires pugs, the Summer League, and fuck knows what else.

I won't be having a mental breakdown Viroman, but I do genuinely have less time nowadays, and that's only going to become less and less time once I start doing 84 hour weeks for work next year, so it would be good if someone can take over things I used to do.

However, I may well throw a pug near Christmas (i.e. Christmas Eve) if I'm free and we've gotten a new version out, because in past experience, people say they have better things to do on Christmas Eve, but most of them are sat being ronery on the internet like everyone else. Having said that, I also considered having an Empires Christmas Eve movie night with the first 2 Home Alone films, so we'll see. Like I said, before anyone interjects, I've seen the last 3 christmas eves with the empires community, you all end up as bored shitless as I do.

6. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Yeah everyone is like "omg it's christmas I'm going to spend it with family and shit" then they spend at most an hour with them until they receive gifts and then they go back to the internets..

but anyway I don't really like pugs they are kinda ugly and derp looking I mean look at his face
    [​IMG] know what I mean?

7. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I don't has server flasche, if I did have one, I'd host one.

8. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Just contact vicki.

9. communism

communism poof

your my boy blue

10. Paradox

and? ?

11. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

She have a couple of servers, just ask if you can use one of them.

12. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Bullshit! I have hosted two pugs successfully.... though they weren't as large as your retarded 64-player pugs with random noobs. Though I'm on vacation from Empires, I could help Deadpool out if he is set for this Saturday. I think I still have access on the EPIC if Vicki isn't on Saturday (or even worse, Sgt. Security is the only admin :headshot:)

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Your pugs had like 20 people.

14. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

One reached 16v16. Some of your 64-player pugs were a clusterfuck because of the maps. 24v24 should be the max for most maps.

15. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Battlefield 3 pug.

16. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

My computer crashes to desktop should I try to launch the game, not everyone is gifted with loadsa money and a nice computer.

17. Paradox

1 simple question, can you run?

18. Maxaxle

Maxaxle Member

Why would you want to organize a BF3 pug on an Empires forum.

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Fixed:cool:

20. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

waaa waaaa waaa. it cant be that hard. someone just do it so we can play 3 decent matches or so