Vehicle weight: Too lenient

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ^Dee^, May 6, 2007.

1. Simon

Simon Banned

You were enquiring about how many shells he shot on his medium tank, which has 2 tank slots. You also made the post about the sabotage being too obvious right after the crossroads game where he got you a bunch of times when you were sabotaging.

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

oh, heh. Sorry, I don't pay much attention to the kill thingy :P But yes, that was what made me wonder about the weight limits :)

3. Simon

Simon Banned

you've always been able to get 2 single cannons on a med tank, only thing new for meds is 2 single cannons and 2 mls with the armors that used to be 15 weight.

Only big change the new weights have are with heavies really and I like the new weights for the heavies gives em a bit more firepower.

4. ^Dee^

I'm fairly certain you couldn't get 2 cannons, 2 missiles, chaing gun, full, 20 weight armour and engine.

Been a while since I played 1.07 though.

If this isn't the case then I still think it should be changed :)

5. Simon

Simon Banned

You could get 2 cannons 1 missile chain gun and 15 weight armor. 20 you have to drop chaingun or missile maybe i never use 20 weight armors.

Maybe some tweaking for meds but I like heavies with the extra weight

6. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

Well in my opinion you should sacrifice something in one are be it engion, armor or weapons. If You still can get all of them the effect on speed from weight needs to be hightend. Since the engions now have more horse power hills shouldnt be a problem. But that jsut my two cents.

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

The way it is right now, the weight limit can be virtually removed... (Who would love to see a 6 cannon BE heavy?)

8. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Enter FalconX.

I've already mentioned my plan to rework the armor and weight system as a followup to messing with the costs. I talked to Krenzo about it a while ago, and have the idea of the new system, but I haven't actually had time to sit down and play with the numbers. I also wanted to see how the new costs would pan out. In about a week I'll have enough time to sit down and play with scripts.

And don't worry, the plan calls for a more creative use of the weight limit than simply telling you how many weapons you can fit on a tank.

As a sidenote, as far as I recall each engine does have a "weight" value, which slows the vehicle if you surpass it.

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

cool.

doesn't anyone else find it well... a tad bit of a shame that the only weapons you really need on a tank come with it without research.

i.e:
    chaingun (which can be multiplied up)
    small ML
    small cannon

because you can fit so many onto a tank, these are the most popular weapons by far.

10. ^Dee^

Yea, it was a bit of a pain putting some good weapons and stuff on that tank only to have it killed in less than 5 seconds to a volley of standard shells :P

11. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Horsepower doesn't mean anything except that you can climb hills now. Top speed and maneuverability depend engine (for example standard is still useless when you want to fight - even vs infantry).

12. Simon

Simon Banned

Yeah I'd like to see a really fast engine that adds alot of extra weight that would be nice. ATM 3 phase is not really that much faster than coolant.

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

that means that coolant is too fast. I think that the engines are getting a bit fast. tanks can't usually accellarate that fast.

14. Simon

Simon Banned

Everything is slower compared to 1.071 except on hills

15. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

really, I thought jeeps seemed faster.

16. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Advanced coolant isn't that fast it's just decent in comparison to standard.

17. arklansman

arklansman Member

lol

A 3phase tank is as fast as a coolant jeep.

18. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

unless you try to steer during climbing, where 1.07 3phase was better at. If you still have both versions, try driving a 3phase light tank up the hills on duststorm, you will notice that in a lot of cases its still the same, slightly easier with 1.08, but only if you are facing the right direction when climbing the hill.

19. flatmush

flatmush Member

I think there should be an anti-gravity engine.

"Noooo00, flying nuke tanks in main base!!!!"

20. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I don't know, jeeps are lacking alot of defensive body, so they should weigh just about nothing. On the other hand, I see them easily being lightly armoured. Weight would be about one ton for the Brenodi, probably higher for the Faction.

Tanks are mammoths though, weighing ten, twenty... fifty times as much as the jeeps do. I wonder if the 3-phase in the jeep supplies a good estimated 200 horsepower, and does the same for the tank, or supplies roughly 1200 horsepower for the tank and likewise for the jeep. How's it worked out?