Vehicle Suggestion #1

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by chernobog, Mar 23, 2016.

1. chernobog

chernobog Member

Where I can get stats for all weapons? Make a wikia... I'l be honest... Thanks for all assumptions in each reply, assuming high damage weapons, always that, which makes me see you as narrow minded as hope to think I didn't notice obvious...

Arcadey is what makes Empires less fun, it isn't an RTS.

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Here, let me quote you again.
    For the specific part.
    How can you play this game and not think grens rpg is high damage? What in the world would make you think you can strap that on something and be able to call it a low damage weapon, or even medium damage? You want a list of what does more then a gren rpg? Nukes, artillery cannons, rifleman stickys and mines.

How's arcadey have anything to do with rts? It's a game where constantly moving is your best offense and defense, and not just move around cover but constantly doing those shuffle dances in the middle of fire fights are always your best bet. Tanks have low damage but rather high rate of fire, which rewards consistent aim instead of quick snap shots. Considering how much tanks move and bounce around tanks in empires are some of the harder fights too. Empires is far from realistic warfare, it's a rather arcadey game style that's kinda somewhere between real fast quake and slow and methodical battlefield 1942, like how counterstrike is.

You can find all stats on anything empires related in your empires/scripts folder.

You still haven't really answered any of my questions either.

3. chernobog

chernobog Member

Maybe because I have played the game? Playing the game I noticed that it takes several grenadiers to take it down and most of the time its with mixture of RPG's and mines to take down an AFV or a Medium Tank.

...and you're only looking at stats?

That's just sad...

Well you must be new or never played dozens of RTS's-

A good concept on paper/notepad... Only.

*facepalm*

I played all of these games(quake 1,2,3,4, wars,), BF(1942, Vietnam, 2 & 2142) and CS 1.6... What's your're saying is simply false, come back when you actually play all of these games with some being played for a decade.

Empire's is a disaster, I am playing it for potential and hoped that devs fixed it since version 2.3... It got worse.

Okay.

That is a blantant lie of yours.

Empires has so much potential yet it is forced to have mechanics that are simply against RTS/FPS scheme, like devs never played Battlefield nor Counter Strike. Heck... They should learn from other RTS/FPS mods/games... Renegade X, Natural Selection 1/2, Tremulous, etc...

If Battlefield is partial inspiration then the game/devs went opposite of it by a huge margin, more in a way of going MOBA than something like Battlefield.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

are we playing the same game lazy? :D

chernobog likes this.
  5. Ranger

Ranger Member

This is funny. Like, I'm all for realism in empires, but that's just silly. Jeeps do not even have the size of a Hammer. Anyway, make Jeeps Heavy killing machines and turn the heavies even less usefull. Yay glorious armoured jeep rushes!

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

7. Ranger

Ranger Member

The music is so fitting flasche. Field Manuals should be redone and readded imo btw.

Armoured jeeps; you wouldn't even need to get out of the vehicle in jeep rush.

8. Lazybum

I forgot people can find it hard to kill things as gren. I don't think it's hard to kill apcs/afvs by yourself as a gren. Mediums are more iffy, but it can be done.

There's been a bunch questions where you just insulted me instead of giving an answer.

9. chernobog

chernobog Member

I gave you an answer, you can't comprehend it. Read it again as you continue to fail at reading... Go back to school.

10. Lazybum

With that kind of attitude you'll go far here. Can't wait to see you as lead dev.

11. chernobog

chernobog Member

The Empires community would be very happy and specially newcomers... Apply what other RTS/FPS are doing better.