Vehicle Hijacking

Discussion in 'General' started by Krenzo, May 13, 2007.

1. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

okay, it's true that we don't really count for much.... but some of these ideas are ok.

2. Caelo

Caelo Member

yep :D

3. last_apoc

last_apoc Member

I was thinking that maby a certain class, probably engineer, would be able to disable a vehicle with mabey a 10-20 second timer, the vehicle would be killed and a percentage of the cost of the vehicle would go to the team who disabled it.

4. arklansman

arklansman Member

Or you could just kill it...

5. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

Hijacking vehicles would send a bad message. "Don't get close to your teammates, because they could be the enemy and shoot you!" And what could this add? Not having to walk all the way back to your base to get another tank? If you want some kind of reward for finding an abandoned enemy tank, make it so that you can get a certain ammount of money for "recycling" the vehicle.

6. last_apoc

last_apoc Member

Thats what i just said...

7. eth0

eth0 Member

Firstly i'd like to state that in favour of hijacking and as Private Sandbag has raised a number of good and valid points i'd like to elaborate on them:

put simply, fuck yeah!

in this scenario this would definitely add a new dimension to the game that it may not be possible for a single engi+jeep to roam around the map (emp_isle) quietly building up refs

true!

actually i see that as a kinda plus, the driver currently need s to park the vehicle out-of-rpg's (the ammo and the player!) way, so the potential need for somebody to be responsible (possibly paranoid) for the vehicle is a good thing i think

Is this not the perfect definition of war it's self? (or Iraq?) Keeping the Pros and N00bs on their feet and growning their skills in suitational awareness can't be a bad thing!

Fuck, this is genius like it - the only comment i'd make is just make the "jacking" time that same time/method as the scout sabotage time

gonna disagree here, while i like the idea of the engi-multi-tool possible doing this the "right-clicky" thing could be confusing to noobs, you could however have it done in a similar way to place an MG/ML; you select the engi-tool start to "calculate" at the enemy vehicle at which point a popup choose between "decon" or "hijack" pops up. All this said "e" for all seems *much* easier!

On a further note you could have it that if an engi', at the cost of extra time, hijacks a vehicle it will *stay* assigned the team allowing future accesses to be instant, otherwise if you are a gren' or riflemen you get standard jacking time, or if scout your half jacking time.

Well as scouts appear to be moving in the direction of infiltration, recon and sagotage i'd suggest that a scout should be able to hijack a vehicle in say half the time of other players.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  8. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Make it an extra engineer skill. "Scrap metal, 50% of building/vehicle cost goes to the Engineer's team if he/she destroys a structure or vehicle with the building tool"

9. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Not to be a buzzkill, but I'm pretty sure that it's been totally shot down from here to the pope's bidet. Right now it's just a mental excercise, and all this talk of "'jacking" is just plain disturbing/throwing off all my pr0n searches.

10. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Do i need to quote myself again?

11. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

No, you don't need to quote yourself again. You need to elaborate as to why you think that.

12. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Hijacking just doesn't fits into Empires because you'd think such advanced cultures would make some kind of lock that prevents the enemy from driving off with their vehicles.

13. arklansman

arklansman Member

Then the other advanced culture would find some way to get past that lock. ;)

That's the way technology works.

14. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

When I walk all the way to the enemy base, and I see an NF light tank just sitting there not being used, I wish I could just hop in that thing and kill the guy whos trying to shoot at me.

15. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Or hack it so it can't move...

16. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

It's impossible to create an uncrackable lock. Online or off. I guarantee it.

Hijacking would be insanely fun, but of course, we can't have that :(

17. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

These futuristic vehicles have very small engines due to technological advances. Whenever you leave the vehicle, you take the engine with you. When you enter a vehicle, you put your own micro engine inside to drive it. BE and NF micro engines aren't compatible.

18. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

What is stopping the other team from taking an engine from the enemy from a destroyed enemy vehicle, but with the engine still intact. Or what is stopping them from taking a reverse engineered engine of the enemy with them?
    If they are so small, whats stopping anyone from taking a whole bag of dorito engines with them.

Just messing with you :P its reasonable to believe both factions do not have the time to hack or develop an engine in the middle of a battlefield.

19. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I loled at the irony.

20. eth0

eth0 Member

... and advanced culture wouldn't make the second version of their land mines deploy slower!

The Northern Faction are doomed!