Two Jeep Fixes

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BloodRaven, Jul 11, 2011.

1. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

1.) Riase the BE jeep up a little so it can cross over train tracks and get up curbs without getting suck
    2.) Either make the NF jeeps rollbars actual objects so they can somewhat protect the occupance. or remove them.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

yes remove them!

3. Empty

Empty Member

Because you die so easily in the NF jeep.

I can count the number of times I've killed a person in a jeep on both hands, and the number of times I've killed a person in a moving jeep on one hand. Jeep hitboxes are shit.

4. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

In comparrison, the NF jeep offers its occupance no protection at all.
    The BE jeep on the other hand, puts the driver and passenger inside of an armored shell.
    Chaingun + NF Jeep= easy kills.

But really, the roll bars have to be reconfigured. or removed for the time being. (On both jeeps)

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

or just make jeeps damageable by small arms fire, but protect the passengers fully ...

6. VIZIO

VIZIO Banned

http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=6131

7. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

lol that is just silly...
    You can plainly see there is maby a 30% covering for them.. the rest is open to the air... protected from bullets? lol we could redo the jeep into a full body jeep with a top so that it would fall in line with protected troops. but then you can't fire out of it. :(

I do want jeep damage from small arms tho.. maby 0.5-1dmg per bullet(can you do 0.5 dmg?)? sounds about right considering how much troop fire it will draw if they see it and know it can be killed with mg fire.

8. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

if they'd give full cover, they should look like this. Of course including the silly periscope :)
    [​IMG]

9. flasche

its even more silly that you can rank up more kills in less time then you could with a tank (without nukes). using jeeps as a weapon is just retarded ...
    i just meant to make a step into the jeep-lovers direction, because whenever i just suggested to make them damageable by small arms i earned nothing but a shitstorm of "but mah jeep, i would suck so much if i couldnt run over ppl".
    i, personally, wouldnt have any issue if jeeps would just blow up as soon as anyone gets into them ...
    ... but i get it, battlefield had jeeps, so we need jeeps aswell. similar to the sniperscunt - battlefield had them, so we are stuck with a class that doesnt fit into this game well (and even worse, is able to break games depending on their percentage)

also devs should just comment out the line of code that allows to enable turbo ...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  10. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Flat spot for turrets on jeeps.

Do it.

11. flasche

Ban trolls.

Do it.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

what flasche said, make them destroyable with bullets, or at least vehicle machine gun.

13. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Flasche, you really are the most boring person I've ever met.

14. flasche

thanks a lot :D
    oh wait, that wasnt meant as compliment. raeg

well but i guess as long as it says developer as your title i rather should post that in "stuff that will never happen" anyway ...

15. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Make the rollbars static or remove them! (I'm rather for removing them since they are just annoying ...)
    No silly "if i shoot the tire 10 times the jeep will explode in a magical way if its not running away"
    giving a jeep a MG would make it 1.) expensive 2.) a cheap, flat, small, fast APC w/o spawn ... no thx.

16. Michael

Michael Member

I'm just brainstroming, so don't take this too serious, since I'm not that boomjeeper style.

a., Let both sides have 5 seated jeeps, only having the fifth open (something like in Far Cry mg spot, of course without the built in mg) for infantry, and others fully covered.
    [​IMG]

so, an entire squad can roll around, one of them catching fire from afar, and the other catching pies from ground. :p

17. VIZIO

VIZIO Banned

just make it like this [​IMG]
    And instead of all the crappy ideas to mounting an mg. Just Make the jeeps sit higher and have more torque instead of just being so fast.

18. flasche

give me a random 7.62 or 5.56mm assault rifle and drive a jeep pass me. even if the jeep doesnt explode like in action movies, you have a severe issue with blood leaking out of your body.
    and im not even talking about HMGs or vehicle mounted machine guns ...

19. Apex

Apex Member

Since when was Empires realistic? I'm for the small arms damaging jeeps just to stop the "lololipushurhevynsapyerrefs".

20. flasche

nono, my basic consideration wasnt based on realism either - thus i suggested full protection as compromise. it was solely meant as reply to the "lol i shoot your jeep so it explodes".
    its exactly this "lololipushurhevynsapyerrefs" idiocy that made me think jeeps are severely overpowerd - especially with turbo ...

also its mere a matter of how many shots a jeep can take before it blows up. 10 shots from an AR would be stupid and make them unuseable, even i understand that ...