To get started

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Krenzo, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

There's only one server.

2. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

turn off all your filters, it didnt show up for me until i did that.

3. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

No filters are on, and I don't even see one server. :/

4. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

maybe it was having problems (or you were) If you get connection problems, but only from one server, then it dissapears, thats what I get all the time

5. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Didn't see any servers before yet, my connections is now off the modem, nothing showing from a few hours ago untill now and I just reïnstalled from the other link to see it had been in vain.

6. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Be sure to name your folder appropriately.

7. Pasimon

Pasimon Member

Animations are laggy, specially firing animations. Both first and third-person.
    I am running everything at HIGH.

Same way that first person melee animations were in 1.071.

As said before, the first time I joined the team selection screen was huge, but for the second time it was ok. Like it didnt recognize that I had changed the resolution to wide-screen. This same was the case in some earlier versions too.

When I entered the server for the first time and choosed auto-assing, I crashed, but it didnt create memory dump.

New models and sounds are spiffy.

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

when you are a gren holding the motar and you enter a tank it still has the motar crosshair thing..(only tried this in a LT)

the voice taunts on BE have radio effects but NF's dont

and it would be cool if you could make all the local (TAKE COVER,MOVE UP) commands not have the radio effect

9. Rothgar

Rothgar Member

Joined the server

Changed my mouse sensitivity
    Changed my resolution to 1280x1024 (LCD)
    Changed my name

I then proceeded to change my controls

All is good and then I hit resume and empires (hl2.exe) crashes.

Faulting application hl2.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module datacache.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0000b413.

Most likely a minidump.

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Right, to all the people that are having troubles with screwed-up menu's: Please restart Empires after changing the resolution. I dunno if it (should have) been fixed by Krenzo or if it is an inherent bug in the Source engine, but it just happens.

11. Rothgar

Rothgar Member

Pressing the "use" key on an enemy vehicle (the jeep at least) will cause you to clip into it? Pressing the "use" key again you can clip out of it?

12. Rothgar

Rothgar Member

13. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

14. HaschteWas

HaschteWas Member

-I dont understand why empires is using an emp_config.cfg AND the original commander.cfg + infantry.cfg + vehicles.cfg . And whats placed in the original config.cfg? client options only? Does the bind command in the config.cfg work like the bind_all command in emp_config.cfg? And will the bind_all commands overwrite the bind commands?

I would suggest to kick the emp_config.cfg and keep the other 4 files like it was in 1.071.
    OR
    Kick the commander-,infantry- and vehicles.cfg and keep the new emp_config.cfg.

I think its overdone with 5 config files....

15. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Controls in config.cfg are ignored and is only there for options. emp_config.cfg is where the controls really are and should not be edited. infantry.cfg, vehicle.cfg, and commander.cfg are for if the player wants certain binds or commands to run when spawning as infantry, getting in a vehicle, or entering the commander interface. There should be a comment at the top of each file that explains its purpose.

16. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

ahh that really sucks,
    i wonder if thats the same bug im talking about though, i know i ran out of all ammo in a clip and didnt reload and changed to the pistol to kill somebody and then switched back and reloaded and it just sat there for ever stuck on reloading.

krenzo... man.... i gave you the model for a mortar projectile
    http://files.filefront.com/mortar_000zip/;5303689;/fileinfo.html or
    http://dodownload.filefront.com/530...5d382af74ca5640caf69dab33c8a17c5489836d8e7ea5
    i know its low priority but comm'on

btw rocket trails look good now, again its been said but the animations take way to long for seting up the mortar and shooting a missle, by the time the tanks show up and you pull out the mortar or rpg they have already done there drive by and killed 3 others... maybe slow down tanks a bit ? shouldnt the light tank be really crappy because its cheap ?

17. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I'm trying to get the projectile model that duke made in the view model.

18. Simon

Simon Banned

- Enter apc(driver) (maybe other vehicles havn't been able to test) with grenadier mortar out and you keep that crosshair instead of reverting back to the normal one.

19. Goose

Goose Member

Anyone try this with a scout rifle yet. Could be hilarious having a long range nuke tank.

20. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I downloaded the open beta version of RC7 and I have yet to encounter the unbind bug.

However, I have noticed that sometimes the number keys won't work to change weapon after using the engi tool. Not sure if the engi tool has anything to do with it but it always seems to be after using it that it happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.