The quality of Empires players

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawliet, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Jelly of what? Being a part of a clan that fell apart like a deck of cards?
    Nope.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Weren't really active at the time. Like I said, only BSID I regularly saw was SHOOTING, and JPL only had a few guys knocking around. At that time there were virtually no scrims, simply due to lack of players from any team. When EPIC turned up we had no-one to scrim until CW scraped a team together for about 2 months straight. They pretty much got us off our feet and without them essentially giving us a team to fight against, despite how much that team didn't want to play, I doubt we'd have really gotten the momentum to carry on. For that, I'll always be grateful.

Naww, Z!0000m rejected my advances back when he was in CW so he never ended up in EPIC.

3. Z100000M

what is goose, simon, dubs, commie, pool and like 10 others that played 2.12 on a regular basis.

Hell ,cw had like 30 active member before bitchslap and co separated.
    what advances? News to me.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  4. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

)ufk( >>>>>>>>>>>>>Quartet> All your shit clans

5. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Fixed that for you, in case anybody got confused by it.

6. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

Nah I think I got it right the first time.

7. Trickster

They were all like 2.0 players afaik, though Commie didn't join JPL until sometime later I don't think. I used to get him mixed up with a guy called Communist so I'm not 100% sure. The players you mentioned were never really around during the summer, only after the release. From what I understand, 2.0 had way more clanners active than 2.1, with like tonnes of servers populated. I'm really gutted I never saw that.

Maybe you're blurring 2.0 and 2.1? I wasn't around in 2.0 so that's why I can't really comment on it.

8. Z100000M

2.0 players? and when did 2.1 or 2.12 came out for someone to make a distinction between the two?
    But what you said holds true in that there indeed was like a literal shitton of clanners about after 2.0 got realeased. But those numbers were in dozens rather than twenties.

Sure, you had like 4 or so server active then, but those were like 24 players max, like that one german server I started playing on and got hooked up with mates from NFH.

9. FN198

FN198 Member

I'm an asshole for sure, but I've noticed I'm the only asshole left in this game. We used to have so many more of them. People also don't help each other out either.

45% are new players who miss their targets with most of their magazine and would lose in a 10v2 against hopfi and AnimalScar
    35% are stacking vets
    15% are players so new that they do not understand how to spawn or what to shoot at
    5% are masochists like myself that join the team that's fated to lose and spend half of the game trying to explain to people how to spawn, how to 'killspawn' and what vehicle is the enemy cv.

It's like im playing empiresmod single player these days. People don't coordinate anything, no one is dependable, and the game is just too hard for newbies to learn.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

2.0 - november 30, 2007
    2.1 - january 2, 2008
    2.11 - january 3, 2008
    2.12 - january 30, 2008
    2.22 - december 12, 2008

(dates are from the wiki-changelog)

11. Z100000M

November? I could've sworn that the release was delayed like several days that pushed it into December. I remeber going to the forums and trying to download on the release day, but it was still unavailable.
    But whatever, thats like 2,5 month only gap. Makes little to no diffrence.

12. Trickster

Well a lot of those guys played during 1.08 testing as well, so 2.0 for them goes back further.

My point is, generally speaking, about 4-5 months after 2.1 came out (June-August) we ended up with a real drought of clanners. That's the time when I'm really talking about.

13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

There was really no point in joining a clan.

14. Caelo

Caelo Member

Ikalx, don't beat yourself up. CW died because of a series of circumstances essentially ripping the heart out of the 'clan'.