The Latest in Empires News!

Discussion in 'General' started by knighttemplar, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

It still isn't?
    D:

2. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Yeah, Valve keep ignoring my ranting fan boy emails. For some reason.

3. Androc

Androc Member

So... that sorta kills the argument against adding explosive charges, doesn't it?

Just sayin'.

4. Empty

Empty Member

Yeah, it's a post from pages ago but I'd like to address it.

Sometimes you guys come off as hostile towards the community, I mean no offence, but I think it's better if you leave PR to your PR guy, you guys are awesome but like I said, you come across as hostile to some suggestions that really just deserve a: 'No, because it doesn't make sense in the storyline, this isn't something that would improve gameplay' etc... Since quite often a lot of suggestions get a 'Shotdown before, quiet down and sit still' reply. Even if a suggestion has been shotdown, it deserves a reasonable second chance for discussion. [Except really stupid things like say giving a mortar an autoaim function so it rapes all, even so they should be resolved quietly and calmly whether the OP has presented it terribly or brilliantly.]

Thanks for looking after the community and keeping us posted on what's going on, some people just can't accept the pretty good rate of information we're getting, *shrug* impatient people :P

Send it to Gabe. He replies to emails :P

5. zimm

zimm Member

Nice to see an official update!
    It would be a real sad sad thing to see Empires development go to waste .. I've been playing the game since the BF42 versions and I still love it!

Devs, keep up the good work and we will keep testing until it becomes as good as it gets!

6. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

I did!

Gabe, I thought we were friends!

7. Empty

Empty Member

All those lunches you shouted for him, he was just getting a free lunch, wasn't he?

8. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

Yeah, last time I'm pickin' up the bill, thats for sure.

/grumble

9. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

10. petemyster

petemyster Member

na, they've done their yearly update :D

11. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Looks like a job for PR ^^

12. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

That kind of thing doesn't interest dizzy

13. FalconX

FalconX Developer

For the same reason that this isn't a front page news post. We're waiting until we have a legitimate public release to update that side of things.

14. Drakior

Drakior Member

I mean no disrespect and I understand if you guys don't want to post anything or say anything until your ready but if something inst posted here or on the website soon you might lose a huge chunk of your entire fan base.
    I looked at all the the empires servers today and they are all empty. No steam wasn't down or restarted and no this wasn't a void time where people are asleep or at work.
    Your fans just need something to know your alive and kicking maybe a new map or news on your site or something.

15. Silk

Silk Mapper

I'm not that concerned actually. I'm pretty skeptic about what you say, because in my experience we have a steady (even slightly increasing) playerbase. 4 months ago i wouldn't see 90+ players on a Tuesday afternoon, but this week i saw it happen. I also see more servers with people, although i think most of them behave stupidly for scattering around instead of populating one server after another to it's full capacity. Small games are just not fun.

... unless they are clans training, or people trying to learn the game that is.

There's 33 people playing now, so on a friday at 1 pm (GMT + 2) which is like ... ~6 am in america. I'm sure well reach 90 this evening when both european and american players have time (stupid final exams aaaargh!!)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  16. Chahk

Chahk Member

How so? We aren't talking about Duke Nukem Forever here. Empires is not some over-hyped unreleased piece of vaporware. Version 2.12 is playable, stable and quite fun. If players are still enjoying it, why would they leave? At worst, we might lose potential new players when they visit empiresmod.com and think lack of updates equates lack of new development without checking the forums.

Don't worry, when 2.2 is ready, the PR machine will kick in.

17. Hendar23

Hendar23 Member

My thoughts exactly. Mods only rely on a steady stream of releases to maintain interest at an early stage. Empires is complete enough now that I would be quite content if the current release was final and development was dead. The fact it isn't and we can look forward to more improvements and content is, quite simply, FUCKING AWESOME.

18. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I disagree :) I think Empires is on its deathbed

19. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Actually player counts are pretty stable and Empires is one of the top few source mods. Work on 2.2 is coming along and hopefully that will bring back more players with a more balanced fun to play game. But thanks for coming back to post that.

20. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

We'll see. You're welcome