Thank You For Breaking Empires

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Deletejohnson, Dec 18, 2010.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

bs intel isnt overpriced, you get equivalent hardware for the same money, amd just doesnt produce good hw thats all. the difference really only is a few euros (and not always against intel)
    you just cannot compair a phenom x4 865 with any i7 as they aint the same category (the i7 is way better), an i5 would be the intel comparison and its roughly the same price for example ...

ofc if you compair it only in a way that you think, "i take the best of each", then intel appears overpriced. but you still end up with a better cpu ;)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  2. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

Jesus christ guys, stop feeding the bad trolls

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Although making a crappier clone of BC2/MW2 is perhaps not the wisest choice? Might make more sense to make a different game that won't have a hugely successful and very obvious alternative?

Why would I play a worse version of blackops when I can just go play actual blackops? If I liked that sort of thing I would just go play it.

It's why I'm not playing empires at the moment, trickster's terrible balance makes it like playing blackops except the guns are less fun, the movement is less solid, the maps are worse, the game is less functional, and yet somehow I still get more kills/deaths due to luck than any sort of skill because every gun is a fucking death ray.

I prefer COD to empires at the moment, and I hate the later editions of COD.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

blops costs more, thats why you would play empires

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't really get it to be honest. One release he was saying that he was playing empires so much because he thought the weapon balance was awesome, then the next he changed his mind and said he hated everything. Even though I didn't actually buff any weapons.

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I played it like once on district when it was new and nobody knew how to use the guns, and probably had a good game, once I played properly however I realised it was terrible. I know you didn't actually change anything between decisions but occasionally I make snap decisions which are wildly inaccurate.

The guns are not fun to use or have used against you.

I think anyone who likes call of duty will own at least one game in the franchise, or a similar game.

You're suggesting that the empires market be composed of people too poor or too stupid to buy/pirate some of the most popular games around. That isn't very many people.

7. flasche

well since there are soo many complaining about bad performance and i get sick from looking at the gfx settings in some screens, i think there at least lies some truth in this statement ... not implying that being poor makes you a lesser human being, often the exact opposite is the case :pathetic:

8. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Hm flasche, exact opposite, don't say that. It makes me reverse all mentioned states. I don't feel like being rich makes one a higher human being.

9. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

so how about making "giving targets" cost something? wall hacks shouldnt be free.

1) select coordinates wheres suspected enemies are and reveal all enemy units there for a limited amount of time or until the enemy dies. can only be used once ever 1 minute
    AND/OR
    2) cost the commander 100 res to scan for targets. 10 minutes using 1,000 resources is reasonable.

10. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Please alucard, stop posting ideas from ns just because you just started playing it. Wasn't there somewhere a rule that said empires is not natural selection?

11. zenarion

zenarion Member

When I said that I wanted to rework Empires into something more akin to MW and BC2, I meant the general feel of movement, the feel of firing weapons, and how easy those games are to pick up. Empires is a lot harder to learn all the tricks of. I still don't command, since it's too much new stuff to learn there that changes every patch and I don't want to be banned from one of the two servers for crappy commanding. Those games have a lot of good, solid FPS stuff in them, but on the other hand are way too simple.

Empty, in no way was that a personal insult against you. Sacrifice of maidens is commonplace when you want to please the gods and get their blessing ;)

I want to defend MOOtant for everything he did for this mod. Producing updates for a community as hateful as this one can't be an easy task.

12. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

Empires does need to be massively simplified, currently there are far too many things that are needlessly complicated. At its core Empires is actually a very simple game, the problem is that the UI is cumbersome and that many of the game play elements are not adequately explained. This results in the game seeming more complex than it is, it would probably be best to streamline all the existing stuff that we have and then use that as a base to build up from instead of tacking more features onto the current mess.

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I like the current empires and I don't think it is broken in anyway, but yeah I agree that it needs to be simplified and not balanced around noobs. Huge difference. Devs think we need to make the game easier for noobs, lets nerf the gun that's killing them. No, make it so they know how to counter the gun that's killing them.

Little thing's like how mine diffusal needs work, or not building up walls that are placed for cover.

14. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Honestly, I agree and disagree. How easy those games are to pick-up, I'd love to have in empires. But part of the reason I (any many others) enjoy empires is because of how the movement feels, how the weapons feel and shit. In most source games, you strafe at the same speed you move forward. You can sprint without lowering your weapon. You can crouch-jump. Those are things you probably hate about empires, but they're actually things most of us love. They make the game more arcadey and less realistic. And that is the niche of empires. Otherwise we move into BF2142 territory.

15. Empty

Empty Member

Crouch jummpppppppppppppp

16. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

i wasnt thinking of NS, but sure =D.. like NS. i didnt realize i was making references to scan and motion tracking. would it have made a difference if someone else, other than me, posted this?

even if i was intentionally referencing other games, would it not be wise to learn what another game did good.. and then implement it into your own game in a better fashion? im no businessman, but isnt that how it works? either find something new.. or find something that exists and make it better.

17. zenarion

zenarion Member

If anything, Trickster, I'm all-in for MORE realism.

18. flasche

as some guy from dice said in an interview, as much realism as possible as long as it doesnt interfere with a fluid gameplay. ;)

19. zenarion

zenarion Member

Trust me, there is so much margin of fluent gameplay here, that we can drive for miles and miles and still not hit it's border.

20. flasche

just saying ...