Test #13 - BUGTEST - Saturday 19th May - 16:00 BST, 11am EDT, 8am PDT

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Trickster, May 16, 2012.

1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

[​IMG]

derrp?

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Just use the system we have now, and tweak the timing. All I'm talking about is the DEFAULT timing, because this would likely be what had to be used in scrims. On a pub server or whatever, it's easily changed.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'd like to see an actual carcass clusterfuck in a proper game. Whilst it could halt tank progression for a short time, the break could easily be used to perform field repairs, deliver reinforcements or entrench the closer end of the stack. Not to mention infantry becoming the point of focus for the duration and tanks still being able to provide long-range fire support. And if you get stuck in the middle, well, tough luck, or you can't drive jack. Plus, you can still fire.

Except for a little bitching about it until people learn to cope with the problem, I see no disadvantage.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

itd be cool if tanks wouldnt disappear at all, but i doubt empires can handle it.
    but i cannot voice my opinion here ...

5. Trickster

Nope, 'fraid not.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

Only if players could get rid of them somehow, like destroying or deconning. Else it could very well lead to stalemates and blocking issues, effectively making vehicles ineffective in any chokepoint. I remember playing a game where anx vehicle kill resulted in a small pile of untraversable junk as its gravestone, and I just kept walling myself in and being unable to progress. But yes, that would probably cause trouble from the technical side.

7. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Luckily, I have been able to witness the glory of what happens when carcasses are only removed after about five minutes (I think it was in 1.01 or 1.02). On emp_canyon, the eastern corridor was littered with vanilla light tank carcasses, but it didn't appear to slow down the server too much.

8. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Any more than the other pretty unbearable lag did anyway :)

Can we try raising the timer on the epic server along with the rc4 scripts trickster?

9. Trickster

No, because the regular Steam doesn't have carcass recycling. The whole point of this is encourage the use of that.

10. Reznov

Reznov Member

Steam won't let us upload more files cuz they need dat space for more hats, shopitems and shit.

Trading Empiresmod for 1 scrap. olololo

11. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Yes but it will give us an idea of what it has to be set to, or atleast the higher end of what it should be set to

12. Trickster

????
    It'll turn the entire game into an unplayable clusterfuck. The whole point of increasing this value is to allow engineers to push the battle lines by deconning the carcasses at will. If they can't do that, then the carcasses just sit there.

13. D.D.D. Destroyer

Well yes, they should be able to decon the things, but the carcasses also shouldn't be disappearing when there's like 10 of them on the map. It's not AS much.

14. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Need reproduction examples for these bugs: