Tank restoration project

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by blizzerd, Jul 24, 2016.

?

speeds of tanks in general

1. are fine right now

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. need to be generally slower

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. need to be generally faster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. need to be changed but not linearly to one direction. explain in thread

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Infantry is OP in the regard of you have buffed it and made it OP, but if everything is OP I guess nothing is OP. But that is only Rifleman when you can sneak up on a tank and the tank driver is absolutely stupid and just sits there.

Dual HE usually takes around 2 shots to kill from my experience and others (whom I am talking to). Infantry shouldn't put up a FAIR FIGHT to TANKS. They are TANKS not INFANTRY. Tanks should destroy an infantryman if he sees him, but a slower rotation of turret and slower overall speed would allow the infantryman to charge a LONE TANK and get within his blind spots. Not to mention it would reduce the absolute carnage we sometimes see on the kill feed where one tank is going around swiveling about and absolutely destroying everything. In no way should Infantry put up a fair fight... that is the stupidest thing I think I have heard regarding tanks vs infantry I think in my entire duration of playing this game.

2. =[KXIC]= Assquatch

=[KXIC]= Assquatch Member

Also, just in general, as I understand this has been going on for the last 10 years, if a dev is so uptight about not even trying (not permanently implementing, just trialing) changes voiced by community members, there's greater problems at hand with this game than just tanks and infantrty.

And I tried voting for slower tanks but all I got back was "A server error occurred. Please try again later.", just to add that I support slower tanks.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  3. Avatarix

Here goes the discussion about tank speed, not infantry resists or inf/tank balancements. If you want to discuss about your changes, go and make a thread. The thing that you did posting your suggestions is probably called derailing. And who do you want to vote for the poll when most of the community avoids forum because of posts like this.

And talking about the numbers:
    -10% for LT, -15% for AFV
    -30% for NFM, -25% for BEM
    -40% for NFH and BEH
    just my idea

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I didnt read all of this, put is blizzy going to be our new scripter? Cause If you are blizzy, you need to atleast play 10 more hours of random pubs before you start. You dont even play this game anymore

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

I play 4 or 5 games a week for the last 4 months at least, one game a week before that and some weeks like my exams i played a bit less, but thanks for your trust. I wont be the new scripter, this will be an experimental side branch... I dont intend this to be implemented as i make it either, i am making a proof of concept that the main scripter will learn lessons from and hopefully interpret in my direction.

The main scripter is doing a good job, and i believe in him, therefore i, bernie sanders, endorse hillary clinton for president of the united states.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

I made the thread, i make the rules

Your speeds seem conservative but in line with what i believe.

7. Avatarix

Well, we are still playing Empires, not World of Tanks, right? With these changes sticking heavies/mediums will be lotta easier, but you could be still crushed by tracks. The game doesn't need slowly moving practice targets with lots of guns, but actualy weaponry.

8. Paradox

We just need a massive buff to vehicle weapons without buffing the other stuff basicly making glass canons out of tanks. ( no elevated damage to infantry though) Whilst massively buffing counter armors. So you react acctively to other side their reseach.

Just adding a multipliet to vehicles could do this. Incoming damage x2.5 or something. Make em squishy as fuck but dish tons of damage to other vehicles.

I really dont like slowing tank combat down. Tank combat is fun at this high pace. It wont be if u slow em down.

I will never ever ever endorse slowed turnrate on canons or slow tanks at all. I will shoot u down faster than you can say mrdie

9. Paradox

This should be developed with the vision that 1 skilled tank driver can easily kill an unskilled one. Right now you can but it takes waaaaay too long.
    Same with 3v1 if u are in this position you should be done for, right now when u see 3 tanks you laugh at them and turn around. This shouldnt be the case u should be shivering in your fucking boots cause 1 missile takes away 1 platr of armor or some shit like that.

As a tank driver im empires im not scared of anything. With 6 plates of what ever i csn rush into the frontlines with 4 tanks shelling me, rotate on the spot and get out. Fuck that, i should be weighing my every decision. But slowing down isnt going to be it, this will make everyone just siege and sit on back lines thats fucking boring. You cant do rushes blitzkrieg style youll make empires a stalemate as fuck siege game.

Tldr You need to make tanks killtanks faster not slow them down

10. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I disagree with Security and agree with everyone who has voted or posted in this thread, but I think -15% for meds and -30% for heavies otherwise they're going to be too slow and not be able to climb hills/get to the other side of the battlefield.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Im still going to do it my way, i am aware of the problem you talk about and i think i have a solution. If it turns out to be still a problem then naturally i will become more conservative. Dont worry, nothing i produce will become official. Its a test, an experiment as it were.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Have more lights supporting you, use more machineguns on your tanks, have people sit in the top of a tank or even... have infantry support you walking next to you?

oh wow, that is exactly what i want to happen, great!

13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Late conclusion:
    I think I'll drop med/heavy speed by 5-10%.
    AFV/LT by 0-5%.

14. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Question, can you edit the Torque of the engine of tanks? Perhaps upping the torque to allow them to climb hills and slowing them down more would be better. I heard the problem with tanks currently is their speed is what allows them to climb hills/inclines and that reducing it would hinder this.

15. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

I agree that tanks need to be slower in general; would give them a more realistic touch. Being able to climb at high inclines is also odd. I think that overall adjustments should be made so that our tanks better emulate what real tanks are able to accomplish. I know that this is a game, but what do we really want them to be like?

16. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Personally, I prefer a more realistic touch to them. I would love turret turning speed as well because then it gives infantry an advantage and opens up the ability for combined arms. I also think we should strive for RO2 style combat with tanks/infantry, fucking amazing tank/infantry combat system. Infantry is useful and tanks are a big supporting factor. Love that game to death.

17. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Since people want devs to post here. I might throw my thoughts into the mix.
    Turret turning speed may be possible and it has certainly been considered. But it is not the first thing on our todo lists...

How would turret turning speed work with tank vision? If your turret couldn't turn instantly, then how do you keep awareness of your surroundings? Would you decouple the camera from the turret?

18. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

I think it should just make you less aware. Camera turns with the turret, and tank drivers become less aware and unable to do an instant turn to take out the gren who shot him from behind. Might promote more combined arms as tanks will need friendly infantry to cover them from other infantry.

Caelo likes this.
  19. Avatarix

Well, we could either make camera and turret turn rate fixed to some speed, or make turret following camera, so if you had to shoot you would have to wait for camera and turret to be in one place.

20. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

I don't think removing awareness for tank drivers is a good thing... Even if you can't shoot behind you, you still need to be able to see who is behind you. So you can make a quick escape and not bump into people.

Unless a rear camera was implemented(think mariokart), you would have to decouple the tank turret and the camera.