Tank Deaths

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Megor, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megor

Megor Member

All this talk about engines and tanks has made me finally post this idea. It is a bit too early I think for this concept to be implemented but it might boost strategy and gameplay a bit.

Standard Engine: no change in death.

Gas Turbine Engine: when the tank dies it emits a gas explosion causing minor damage to everything close to it, a small blast from the gasoline detonating. (damage)

Bio Diesel: when the tank dies the diesel explodes in a minor blast radious sending Bio everywhere causing Bio damage to everything for a short duration within range. (bio weapon effect)

3 Phase Electric: when the tank dies the battery turbines overload sending out bolts of electricity, short circuting nearby vehicles for a short duration and causing damage to nearby players and buildings. (cause weapons to not work briefly)

Fission Reactor: when the tank dies the reactor overloads sending out a small shockwave causing sever damage to nearby players and damaging nearby vehicles. (large amount of damage)

Advanced Coolant Engine: when the tank dies the engines cooling mechanism explodes sending out super heated gases and fluids originaly to be cooled. Small blast radious causing damage to players and overheating vehicles. (instantly overheats nearby vehicles for a brief duration).

This would make for interesting gameplay, but also Tank Tactics. As to lose a tank would not just be a loss in firepower and resources but cause havoc to nearby players as well.

2. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

This would give rise to the Suicide Tank. I tried making one of those once, a sixshooter heavy with no armor, full CGs and missles, and bound all them to primary fire. it was like I bound mouse1 to kill, but for the tank.

3. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

I like the idea, but it would require so much balancing it wouldn't be in for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

4. Megor

Megor Member

Yes ^^ I believe that too. I don't think it would require that much balancing though because I am picturing a max blast radious of like 3 or 4 feet, so the effects would only really be felt if you were very close to the tank. Future thought.

5. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

If it was purely visual, that might be pretty cool.

6. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

If it's purely visual, though, I doubt it's worth the dev time...

And, really, what does this add to the game? What's it supposed to accomplish, gameplay-wise? Do you want suicide tanks to be a viable strategy, or not? If not... well, what's the point of this? If you do want them, why?

I'm not totally opposed, but I don't really see what it would add.

7. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

Were customized explosions worth the dev's time?

8. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Bio Diesel: when the tank dies the diesel explodes in a minor blast radious sending Bio everywhere causing Bio damage to everything for a short duration within range. (bio weapon effect)

As far as i know bio engines works on alcohol not any bio-sth:pathetic: , so it shouldl be
    a wave of fire not bio:p

9. REX

REX Member

bio engine could run on that, but this is Bio DIESEL which is mono alkyl esters and not ethanol. It comes from oily stuff like plant oil, but also animal fat. So its more greasy stuff.

It burns a bit longer and is kindoff more sticky.

Also even if this would be purely visual it would still tell the enemy what kind of engine you are using so it would give a bit to gameplay.

10. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

So it's still a wave of burning fire not aids biomass :D

btw: i think it just should make all players burn for few seconds ,and overheat nearby vehis a little bit.

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I like the idea of exploading tanks, because it IS interesting and good gameplay wise. I wouldn't agree that being in an explosion, even stood right next to the tank should do more than 20 damage.

one of the cons of this is that it will discorage engineers from healing friendly tanks underfire, but if the damage is minor then i'm sure it wouldn't happen much.

I look forward mainly to the visual effects.

12. Avair

Avair Member

so ure saying all engines except standard blow up causing a mushroom cloud killing everything, sweet

13. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Member

Lawl, tank bombs ftw! Oooooooooooooo Imagine heavys with nuclear reactors as bombs, insta win. just like dried noodles, just add water and its insta cook.

14. REX

REX Member

...... how about depending on what kindoff engine it will have some visual effect is shown and then stuff is blown off the hull and it will mostly start burning. Then depending on what type of ammo is onboard it wil go BOOM in a green bio or blue plasme explosion that just rips it appart.

Maybe sometimes just let it go directly to ammo detonation when it dies.

A wonderfull detail would be if a wheel "sometimes" came off and just rolled forward that would give a lot of ingame fun/screenshots if an apc fails a rush and only a smoking wheel gets to the base.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  15. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Like the explosions of cannons this would be a good way to tell which engine the enemy is using and counter it...

16. Sewage

Sewage Member

I would be cool to see a tank explode into color. More eye candy, more eye candy.

17. KILLX

KILLX Banned

I brought this up before, and it was thoroughly shot down :(

18. Bleeding Internet

Bleeding Internet Member

This would be rather realistic, as anti-tank weapons in real life are usually intended to cause a tank's ammunition to cook off, killing the crew. (And disabling the tank)

19. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11 Member

dont change dammage becuse ur right engi's will just run away, but yea make it look cooler.

20. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

since when was it shot down killx? it wasn't shot down in the slightest. stop lying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.