Tank Ammo

Discussion in 'Under Consideration' started by Emp_Recruit, Apr 27, 2010.

1. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

That's cause tests in empires past have failed, we'vehad pretty good turnouts to recent empires SVN tests.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i mainly agree with the OP.

especially repair pads (if we can have that seperate) should almost instantly refill your tank (3sec?), leave long reload times for ammo boxes or even increase them.
    id also nerf the engineer field repair speed to make repair stations (which might need a slight buff eventually) even more valueable.

i think the "have tanks retreat to rep pad once in a while"-mechanic is not so bad at all. you just shouldnt be damned to sit ther for half an hour (felt) there ...

so, my suggestion, drastically buff repair pads making them valueable structures. more to fight for - more to destroy and the OP problem solved aswell ...

since when do you do that? :eek: :p

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  3. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

While repair pad speed is indeed too slow it isn't the real problem for them not being used. The problem is anyone the needs a repair pad or armory can't build it, and the people that can don't need to cause they can service themselves. This makes support buildings like repair pads and armories never in the right place at the right time.

4. flasche

riflemen cant (well dont, they could actually) build armories aswell, still they use it. or rax or whatever ...
    and actually, ive seen lots and lots of riflemen and grens building armories and rep pads.

which brings me to, buff ebuild :P

5. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

I concur, but with different implementation

6. spellman23

spellman23 Member

I like.

7. Valiant

Valiant Member

This is amazing.

8. QMAN

QMAN Member

Yea i agreed.

Maybe we just should build it ammo boxes?

Like we can dropt 1 x box, choice between healing box, and ammo box.
    Any box will be require 100 energy to dropt, not to build by calculator, ammo or just healing box will be eat 100 energy from calculator.
    Health box will be heal max up to 500 HP;
    Ammo box will be have "100 ammo points" -> clips for smg/rifle/pistol/rocket granadier/mortar/mine -> 1 point , granade/APC -> 5 points(only 20 granades from 1 box), standard cannon/HE/rail gun/range cannon -> 5 points, nuke -> impossible, ml's/guided/homing/mg/hc/bio mg/HE mg -> 10 points per racks;

That boxes from engys will be still have time delay before they dissapear, or if they will be empty will be to dissapear; another box cannot be dropped before first one wouldnt dissapear;

Good point:
    Nade spam fixed -> 1 ammo box - 20 grandes;
    Remote healing box
    infinite ammo source at battle for tanks fixed -> 20 shells/10 missile racks or tank MG weapons of any type can only reload, impossible reload nuke at that way.
    Only one infinite ammo source: Repair pad, armory.

bad point:
    whenever engy have 100 energy he can drop ammo/healing box. As we know that energy regen rate is really fast.

9. Empty

Empty Member

I think ammo needs to stay in to prevent permanent shelling via tank, but heat is a bad mechanic and I think we should start phasing it out or lowering it to only either very specific situations (against Plasma) or on very powerful weapons (like nukes)

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

heat is a necessity

we can ether replace it by something more fun, or cut it out and lower ammo stocks so tanks need ammunition support

otherwise tank combat will turn far too arcade-like then desirable (believe me it will be great for the first 2 rounds then everyone will get tired of tank fights even more then now

11. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Wait...as far as I know, this thread suggests removing heat?
    That's silly... you'd have to remove bio engine and plasma, which reduces the selection.

Unlimited tank ammo however, me want.

12. flasche

<filler/>

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010