survivability

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by OuNin, Jan 7, 2013.

1. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

There is an achievement for being highest ranked person not to have killed anyone I believe.
    Revive Engineer FTW

2. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Last time I checked, score in general didn't mean shit except how good you are at getting score.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

in 2.12 ploos and i played a couple of rounds with [Pacifist] tags on, telling everyone that wed be here for medical assistance under the red cross and that it would be against the geneva conventions to fire at us. needless to say we had pretty good scores since noone gave a shit about conventions in a war fought with biological and atomic weaponry ...

... ah good fun in the good old times. a lot better then all this elitist bullshit about hurr-durr i know how rushing the cv with apcs is a very efficient tactic.
    been there done that, bah.

yeah well, as we all agreed already, in the end there is only one point-notice that matters and its "you got 1 point for killing an enemy vehicle" (or smthg alike)
    and even this doesnt mean that you have been the most valueable player ...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Saying "nothing but the CV matters" is simplifying a bit too much IMO. It's like saying that the only thing that matters in life is your death.

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Nemesisleon, going full on is better than stealth always. If you play stealth it's you being "unactive", having 20 active players is better than 19 active players.

The only reason scouts are good, is if a good player plays scout, but not the way that he sharpshoots from miles away, but that he participates frontlines sabbing raxes running around inside raxes killing engies and what not.

basicly not the pussy shit you are talknig about

6. NemesisLeon

NemesisLeon Member

Full defense is like that. That's why I talked about and defined it instead of saying "you should do this". It seems that scouts are rarely useful then. If this game was more information-heavy and scouts could infiltrate enemy ranks to gain valuable information.....

7. urethra franklin

urethra franklin Member

Strategy in empires? No that might make the game fun we'd much rather have it be about mortarspam and revives.

8. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Gren : Kill enemy, defuse mines, kill enemy tanks, kill enemy buildings.
    Rifle : Kill enemy, kill enemy vehicle.
    Engineer : Kill enemy, Repair vehicle/building, Heal/Revive Teammate, build stuff.
    Scout : Kill Enemy, sabbing shit.
    For all classes, generally work with your squad => unlimited free points.
    Even as comm you can get really high score through building stuff and coordinating your team well.
    Above are things that get you score.
    If you participated THE WHOLE ROUND.
    In the end however you have low score, this pretty much means you failed at all of the above. It's completely invalid to say you've contributed a lot to your team.
    As always, there are exceptions but we are talking about general scenarios.

The definition of high/low score isn't definite, though.
    And I do agree that 70 score isn't necessarily more contributing than 50 score.

TL;DR : Last time I checked, score in general means a lot.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  9. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

What kind of valuable information? And what do you mean infiltrate enemy ranks? get there skins and shit? This isnt tf2...

10. NemesisLeon

NemesisLeon Member

Both of those would have to be decided, but I heard here that the scout's role is infiltration. Is it sniping or infiltration? Or both. Tough to be right next to the enemy and far away at the same time.

Battlefield 2 has separate sniper and spec ops classes.
    Killzone 2 has separate sniper and saboteur classes.

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

as it stands now, its both. as engi is actually two classes too.
    and to some extend gren.
    rifleman is just either be rambo or camp around corners with the hmg.

edit:
    a lot of people have suggested to split classes or introduce new ones and whatnot over the years. well, you see how much it helped, we still are stuck in the same discussion after several years. there where some aproaches with making it more useless then more usefull then less here more there. there are dozens (and this actually is an understatement) of threads about this topic. its so moot to discuss the same things over and over ...
    the only things that havnt been tested is removing the weapon. and i generally agree removing something is a bad option - but it wouldnt just get removed, you get shotguns. though i have concerns about them too, they often end up underpowered and underused because of the nature of how they deal damage.
    noone likes do die in one shot - i can see the bitching incomming already. then it will get nerfed to 1.000000000000000001 hit and suddently due to RoF and range ARs get the love again. i hope empires avoids this, im sceptical - not because i dont trust trickster to try his best, but because i cant recall seeing it differently in any game.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013