survivability

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by OuNin, Jan 7, 2013.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

infantry survivability is the most basic skill in empires. as a battlefield-like it's more beneficial to kinda stay low and move around discreetly if you wanna get around. alternatively some people get by with killing everybody in their way which is totally acceptable too. everybody has their own methods of staying alive.

how do you you fight to survive?

personally i try to capitalize on information. knowing where enemies generally are by reading the minimap and judging the flow of combat using friendly infantry to kinda probe, i position myself to where i have a higher chance of surviving an engagement. contingencies on contingencies on buffers on pads of squad points.

2. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I don't care much for survival but I make it a point to always stay behind or atleast very close to cover, be it walls, trees/rocks or friendly tanks.

If every enemy is killed in the area or I run out of ammo I retreat to get ammo and heal up+activate new skills.

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

When I play rifleman on infantry maps like District (lol...), I used to go for health upgrade, regen health, dig in and stamina upgrade. I figured that stamina upgrade would improve dig in. Does it work that way, or was I just a moron for trying to make my character as tough as possible?

4. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Afaik stamina upg. makes your stamina regen faster so it doesn't make dig in "stronger" but it is pretty nice to have if you use dig in.

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

When flying solo, I usually hug the edges where there are forest and stuff, creeping up to enemy bases.

6. BroT

BroT Member

I usually (when I'm playing 100% serious) try to stay "invisible" to the enemy, using anything possible as cover (walls, rocks or even rough terrain). This is how I slowly go my way towards enemy land.

When I'm not playing very serious, I just don't give a fuck about cover and rush the shit out of it. :D

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

No wonder people are getting gibbed by mortars if you hug the walls all the time.

Im more of a berserker style fan. speed, acc. Health upg kicks in only as a thrird skill. Depending on situation: vs tanks-ammo vs inf-digin.

8. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

In most matches I don't care. If it is a serious game and I'm motivated to stay alive I find speed upgrade helps but mostly I'm looking to die in places I will get revived or I won't engage if I can avoid it, instead focusing on finding good positions that allow me the best freedom of movement if I do get engaged.

Walls.

9. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Since we're kinda on the subject, does envy squad lead regen aura work as well add the regen skill? When I'm in a squad with an engy at lead, I often forgo regen.

10. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

They stack for a blazing 5HP/S.

11. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It stacks, which is why I often demand an engy squad leader and take Regen myself. It's insanely effective, and a really really powerful asset to your squad.

Personally, for survivability, it really depends on my environment. But there's nothing more conducive to keeping you going like a bunch of engineers supporting you, so I really just try to stick with them and shield them as best I can. A good engineer will also always drop a wall when he goes for your revive, and that helps a lot.

As a commander, I try to drop walls for my team to advance. I've noticed that this is really, really effective.

12. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I'm terrible at staying alive. I usually just die a lot and pray for a revive engineer :P

But yeah, I never hug the sides of the map, because it's too easy to get killed by a stray mortar shot that way.

13. Trickster

I hug the sides sometimes because people underestimate how easy it is to blend into the background. It's not difficult to keep an eye out for incoming mortars. I'm thinking of maps like Canyon here.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  14. OuNin

OuNin Member

when i see a tank, i stop moving unless it obviously notices me

usually works. blending is super effective.

15. Trickster

Yeah, we always said in our Teamspeak that Empires players are like T-Rexes. They only see movement.

16. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

If enemy is dead, you are safe then.

17. Trickster

I honestly prefer to have them go past and let me slip behind them. Last thing i want is for them to respawn in my face.

18. Deiform

Deiform Member

I join a squad with a good engi and follow them around. Nihia or Pred make it so you never use a ticket if you make sure you always die in a safe location.

That's probably the key difference between a good player and an amazing player - the amazing player will die where he can be revived (unless you have spare squad points for squad rev), and a good player will kill a few people whilst putting themselves in an awful position to be revived from - killing the engi in the process if they try to save you.

19. OBEL

OBEL Member

Stay behind rocks and foliage for the most part, keep low where needed and build walls as much as possible.

I tend to play as engineer (because any time I don't it seems that no other fucker chooses engie) with revive, so ideally my gameplan is to stick with my squad, stay slightly back and keep an eye on the squad. Ideally the squad has a rifleman, gren, two engies with revive, the fifth member is a wildcard.

If you can keep together and ideally communicate by mic then you can be a real boon to the team.

An engineer alone isn't much good. Actually that's something I've noticed since I played months back, I used to mow people down with the engie SMG, but it's noticeably less effective these days... to me at least... Maybe I'm just out of practice.

20. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

SMG didn't get any kind of nerfs or buffs this patch :/