Supreme Commander beta

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Angry, Oct 25, 2006.

1. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

IAM ULTRA MAD AT THIS GAME/BETA >=|!!!!!

beta 27 didnt work, i got 20 working with the crack, did that lua crap and patched it, it was the crack, found another crack, it worked. now i tried loading again, and now Unable to Locate Component LuaPluse_1081.dll

Im mad, I cried. I ran out of ice cream =(

2. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Tell me WHERE OR HOW ARGH!!!

3. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Ok, 27 didnt wanna work with that included crack, so I tried that crack out, backed up the original 20 lua, tried it, worked, then i patched it, found another crack for 27, worked once, now it says that unable thing ;/

4. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

try a reinstall... I used to have it cracked at 2.7 to play lan and hamachi, than got a key.

When I finnaly got a beta key I had to reinstall becuase I didnt back up my old .lua

5. Matsu

Matsu Member

hi there !

I'm a frensh player so sorry for my bad english !
    After dl the client, patch and cracking all the stuff, I finally can play ! hurray :rolleyes:

But well I have some questions about the gameplay of this game. I know this is a Empire mod forum, not really the good forum for asking stuff but well, seems that you understand the whole game so I post !

-After some play, I dunno if I sucks badly but I'm still losing Vs the IA easy ! Did you have tips for beat him, peraps I should watch some good replay... did you have a link ?
    - I don't know how change the camera setting, for have (dunno the word in english sorry) a kinda "horizon" view like we can see on the trailers.
    -What is the turle IA ? An IA who do a lot of defense ?

have fun !

Matsu

P.S. A huge thanks to Shinzon for sharing ! :o

6. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

lol I've read "sorry my english sucks" so many times before. Is it a pandemic? Thier english is usually fine.

The medium ai is easier than the easy ai. I dont like playing the ai, he just builds and builds and builds. I usually build three land factorys next to the three starting mass extractors for a bonus, and soround all of the land factorys with power genertators. Just spam tanks and such and you should be able to defeat him. Otherwise, use dragons teeth (the walls), they take forever for the com to kill. Transport your troops after teching up and take his base out.

Turtling is focusing on defence. People who hole themselves up and entrenche.

The only way to change the camera angle I know of is hold alt (or mabye its control) than hold the middle mouse button and swing the camera around. As soon as you let go of it, it will change back to a vertical view.

7. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Sorry :P

Last edited: Nov 20, 2006
  8. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

OMG dont tell me you've done that before? Of all people T_T

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

The AI is overly difficult because it is able to micromanage the entire theatre... so you will be attacked from all directions at once.

It is usualy a good idea to play with people instead; many of the people on the networks will take their time to explain their tactics and can usualy tell what you did wrong.

Your goal at the end is to be able to pump out any experimantal under 2 mins (That takes rougly 10+ engineers to do, with enough power and energy either produced or stored)

Try sandboxing, and see how long it takes you to pump out 1 super; it is a very good idea to surround your generators with the approperiet storage. Not only does that increase the output of the said extractor/generator but you will also gain valuble storage, that will act as a buffer when building large things and if you dont produce enough of a resource because of the massive storage you persumable have you will not mess up your economy, or will have enough time to fix your economy...

Turtle AI is an AI that will not attack, but instead focus on its own defense; building alot of units and defenses and rarley attacking you (Mostly it will just send engineers after you O.o)

So all in all, I suggest that you stay with playing online; since this is a beta the AI is not finished, and it lags really bad compared to people...

10. Matsu

Matsu Member

ok ok I did,

well at least the medium IA is damn more easy, beat him twice !
    Next step multi-gaming your right Shin, tomorow I will try this Hamachi progs, hope he will turn well ! :rolleyes:

Well my PC is damn low... 2,6 céléron 1024 ram wih asus 6600 in AGP ! oO
    With the 50 unit cap the game damn ram ! lol well better then nothing, I dunno if i can play on the net with that, I will try ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have fun, this game rocks !

Matsu

P.S. Where is the nuke missile ?! :o

11. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I have an AMD Athlon 64 2.2Ghz, with 1 gig DDR2 Ram, 6600TF and it runs fine on medium to high quality; even if there is alot of units on screen; but if I play the computer I usualy lag down and need to lower all the graphics...

Hamachi is very simple to use; a very good and an amazing program... It is literly as simple as point and click...

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Does anyone else have the problem that they can't get their "code".

it just comes up "INVALID CODE". :(

13. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

i just noticed Fileplanet is giving out more codes.
    Its also at 3.8 now

14. Deiform

Deiform Member

Lmao! Don't tell me this place got linked from google with "Supreme Comander Beta codes" =X

15. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

*fluffles deiform*

Not seen you in a while =o

---

I think he's a friend of shinzon's :)

16. Deiform

Deiform Member

Yeah got bored...ADD an all. I drift in now and again. Topics haven't changed much though. Waiting for 1.08.....then I'll be back...oh yes... =P

*Checks 1.08 isn't already out*

No it's not out yet.

17. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

No... This thread comes up 5th on the first page on Google if you type "Supreme commander hamachi server" -.-;;

18. sgman

sgman Member

Hey, i haven't logged in for a while(waiting for 1.08), but have been trying to play this game and it keeps freezing. I also don't know about all this lag you guys talk about i only have a radeon 9600, 1 gig ram, and AMD 3000+, but it runs just fine(low quality of course).

I was wondering if you guys know why it keeps freezing. The game will be working fine with no lag what-so-ever and will just freeze out of nowhere.

thanks for the help.

19. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Do you have anything running the background, like a download, antivrus, or something else?

Are you playing a skirmish with the AI? Or with someone over LAN/Internet?

Did you alt tab out of the game at any point?

Do you mean it lags as a stutter(If you bring up the stats, the FPS shows fine around 15~30 but the game freezes up on occasion)? or frame rate lag, as in the FPS suddenly drops?

20. Angry

Angry Junior Member