Supreme Commander beta

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Angry, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Anyone up for playing the beta over hamachi?

To get it working over hamachi:
    1) Download the beta from here (http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/ha...me_Commander_Beta___Crack.3544675.TPB.torrent) It is a torrent file; DO NOT APPLY THE CRACK YET!!!

2) Download the patch (http://www.filefactory.com/file/777bd5/)

3) Apply the crack

4) Enjoy the game offline as skirmish or as LAN

Hamchi:

Server: EmpSupCom
    Password: Krenzo

If you are worried about the legal implications of this, dont... the devs consider this just as a "Mod" so they have nothing against it but nor will they answer technical questions regarding this "Mod"

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  2. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I think the preceding post will be edited soon.

3. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

is hamachi down? i cant even connect to it....let alone join that server.\

and how do i apply this damn crack...helparz me plz.
    my xfire is grayclay
    my aim is grayclay88

EDIT: ok, i got it to work and all ,but when i star the game, and click on skirmish or w/e, nothing shows up and the buttons dont do anything, and im forced to alt tab and quit out. help?

edited edit: ok well, i found my problem. now i have to redownload the game from torrent. this better be worth the damn touble.

4. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

The crack is just a file that needs to be replaced. (lua.scd) go to your SupCom folder and put it inside the "gamedata" folder, replacing the old file...

Im not sure about the hamachi state... It was acting up yesterday... Ill go check out their forums and edit info into this post if I find anything...

*edit*

Apperantly they had a server update on November 4th, and people still having problems with their clients; No body replied with a solution... I would think that installing the newest version of Hamachi should fix this... Going to edit if I get it working...

*Edit*
    Well Looks like their networks are just REALY FREAKING SLOW after the update... My hamachi logged in after 15 mins, of probing and logging in... But updating it would still seem like a good idea...

5. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

ok, i patched it, but now the main menu is just a yellow screen....flowers.

edit: aha! i got it to work!! yes!! now i hope ham is up, so i can play witch yall.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2006
  6. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

I can play it fine till the comp micro manages his economy like no human can and fills his entire side of the map with buildings and hundreds of turrets, turrets evrywhere. Grr going to have to get more ram, becuase at the current state, I cant run more than a 1 vs 1. I still like spring better...

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Thats why you play lan :p Humans cant manage THAT many units, no way in hell

With the AI you see shit all over the map, but with human players they tend to build fortresses That pack alot harder punch then The spread out AI...

8. Angry

Angry Junior Member

I have no problem with my 2gb of DRR2 800mhz ram and my Geforce 7600GT. But I like to play against turtle AI.

9. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

well I've neglected building ships twice and got killed becuase of one or two ships hitting me with missles. There isnt really a good turret for taking out ships strafing around your base at those crazy speeds they are able to obtain.

10. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Arty takes them out just fine.

11. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

So I managed to Demonoid my own copy of Subcom and got it working so I can skirmish with AI. The tutorial doesn't work, so I decided to learn as I played. When it comes to RTS games; I'm terrible, and that's an understatement.

First off I built minimal resource collectors and energy, needless to say I was in a deficit for several valuable minutes. The medium AI kept sending air scouts over my base, I knew this because of the little annoying shadow that would fly over periodicly. So I spammed AA turrets and built the little mobile ones, that took care of that problem. As a consequence of me never expanding, the medium AI had the cojones to build extractors near my base, then soon came a artillary structure that pounded my structures and units into submission. I couldn't even keep a naval yard running because a single frigate was shooting at it, I didn't bother with torp turrets. I tried to build replacement generators and such and then I noticed a huge white flash, there was a nuclear explosion that covered my whole (small) base. This all happened within 20 minutes. Flustered, I did what I always did when I started to lose; quit. Well, actually I restarted because I loved it. I fared a little better next round :) The game runs great atleast.

I'm just glad I never venture into this genre online.

12. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Here is something a player that joined our network said to me after raping me with 3 experemental units:

Build power storage around power generators- If a power generator is surrounded by storage, not only does the power output increase but you get 2X the storage, if the building was seperate; same applies for mass extractors

Engineers on patroll will automaticly build/salavage things; so in the begining it is usefull for an engie to patroll "trees" so that they will be collected for extra income (And you really need that income)

Instead of spamming mass generators; upgrade your mass extracotrs; alot more profitable (they start at +3, then +15 then +27 if surrounded by mass storage)

Build ALOT of engineers; if you have alot of storage then you should be able to build an experemental unit with ALOT of engineers without your supplies running out in under 1.5 mins...

13. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

you can get awesome income from having a t3 mass fabricator with 1 fusion against it and the rest all mass storages, then they will only take 1k energy and give like 40-50 mass

14. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

Anyone know a good bittorrent client? I used to use azureus, but now that i'm at college, azureus is uber-slow on the network. Anyone know of one that is better?

15. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

16. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Azureus used to much ram, and i cba to install java, so now I use micro torrent: http://www.utorrent.com/

uses only 5 mb ram,(for me) is quite fancy and lots of features

17. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Wait, if this torrent of the beta is ok with the Devs, then why does it have a crack file? Link me to something from them saying its ok or Im going to delete the post.

18. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

The crack file is just, is more of a mod; the lua is where the game gets its AI from; so if you have anything against that I will edit and delete the link to the "Crack" but you will not be able to play the AI in skirmish, you didn't install any other "3rd" party software to bypass or crack anything, your are just installing files that are publicly avalable on the internet; you are just playing over LAN, not their official service...

http://garage.gaspowered.com/?q=node/7387
    http://www.supremecommanderhq.com/tutorials.php - Tutorial on modding the lua...

Im currently searching for the interview where I read that...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  19. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

that'll do, just wanted to make sure nothing illegal was being promoted on our boards. Thanks and Im downloading now.

20. cpugeek

cpugeek Member

so no more skirmish?