Supreme Commander beta

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Angry, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Who else got the Supreme Commander beta? I know I did!

2. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I heard that they ran out in 30 seconds... >.< Rawr....

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

never knew there was one :<

4. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

nor did I

5. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Hmm... I wonder if I'll run on my computer...

6. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

Well have fun with it. I've been looking forward to subcom, even though I've never played TA. Just interested me since there seems to be some actual strategy involved, thanks to those ridiculous map sizes D:

7. Deiform

Deiform Member

Well.....err.....I've got it because my friend found and interesting piece of information where *cough* *ahem* security flaws *cough* and we both *cough* and *ahem*.

So now we can play it on a LAN. Have yet to test it, it's installing now so I'll update saying if it works or not.

8. ^Dee^

I take it it's another multiplayer only beta? ¬.¬

9. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Yeah but theres a mod that unlocks lan and skirmish play so you can go at it with the games AI (which comes in 7 diffrent flavors)

@ wizzy: Heh if you wanna play the origonal TA or atleast the remake play TA Sping. As for Supreme Commander, its fun. Games tend to be very long but its fun, Expermental Units can be built anywhere as if it were a stucture by Tier 3 Engineers. Its buggy but thats to be expected, but thats why where here testing it of course.

IF you want to get in on the beta Check the GPG Supreme Commander forums and beta forums often I'm pretty sure they're gonnna start the next round of testing after awhile and start reaccepting applications.

Any questions you guys wanna ask me I'll be more than happy to awnser them.

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

*cough* same :D

theres a channel on efnet where they have loads of ppl on hamachi, and ppl that made the hacked luas (with ai and mods) are there aswell.

Too heavy for my pc atm tho, the reason why i didnt sign up for the beta (it can get to 5 fps for me), but im looking into buying a new pc in a few months, that or 2 lcd monitors, still need to decide

11. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Its probably against the ELUA to post it in public, but if you want the AI mod PM me and I'll send it to you.

12. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Anyone tried playing LAN on hamachi? if the multiplayer is locked or whatever? ;o?!?!

13. Deiform

Deiform Member

This game is pure awesomeness. I haven't read any guides, just taught myself how to play. It seems that if you have too many engies, then the resources go down and everything builds really slowly, so you have to balance out your resource points and number of engies.

I'm currently liking the blue guys the best (no idea what the names are) because they have some uber shield generators, which by the looks of it are the best out of the 3 races. I never got round to building the uber vehicles because they take so god-damn long to build and my mate used an artillery cannon to destroy it at 50% (that was after an hour of building it) and it wiped out half my base. =(

The green guys uber units are pretty cool which I refer to as the 'Power ranger man' and the 'Indepedence Day ship'....if only they had the big shield generators, but I guess you can't have everything.

My only criticism is that the artillery cannon seems to be well overpowered since it can fire to anywhere on a 20km by 20km map, even though it does take a while to build.

<3 the commander units explosion when they die. such a satisfaction watching their base get destroyed by their own unit dying. That brings me to a dodgy tactic....if the game wasn't assasination, then one could simply use their commander unit to rush the enemy base as soon as he could build engies, and if the enemies destroyed your main builder unit, they would get a nuke blast taking out all their base. Defence against this tactic? Always go assasination.

14. Angry

Angry Junior Member

It only screws your economy over if those engineers are actually doing something. Blue guys are the UEF (United Earth Federation) and they are the newbie side for begginers and the most balanced. You can have multipule build units work on one project to speed it up alot. The Aeon (The green guys) Have two Super units, The Galactic Colossus (Or.. Power ranger man) and the Soul Reaver (I think thats the UFO's name). And arty serves its purpose, which is why you should always have a Strike force of Tier 3 aircraft to take it out if it becomes a problem. Super units are pretty tough, stuff builds based on its hitpoints not how strong it is.

15. ^Dee^

ugh, they didn't keep commander exploding did they? That was my least favourite feature of total annihilation >.>

16. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Commanders still blow up in a nuclear explosion yes. However this is more of a feature to prevent Comm rushing than anything else. I mean sneaking up on the enemy commander and blowing him away with the D-gun and him dying woulden't require that much strategy.

Commanders are also equiped with short range tactical nukes now instead of the D-Gun.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  17. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I heard of that unlock, but I am savorouing for the moment when it comes out (Ofcourse the product has to be "Tested" by me before they get the money, and if I deem it to be "ZOMGTEH PWNGE!!!!!1one!!111eleven" then they can have my money as my show of appretiation for the developers of the game)

18. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

its great fun to load your commander onto a transport plane and explode it in the enemy base. Even more fun in ta is loading the enemy commander onto a transport ship and self destructing it over sea.

Or even worse, loading your allies commander onto a dropship and using it as a bomb :D

But I really love the ferry mode and also being able to connect mass fabricators and power generators with your plants, or any building for that matter. Tier3 mass fabricator connected to a fusion and 9 metal storages, anyone?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  19. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

O.O This is why I <3 the empires community, they know where its at.

Sup Com, hell yeah about time ^_^;. Is it as revolutionary as it was talked up to be? Like, strategy playing an actual role? And I hope they kept true to thier word about adding like, 10 player co-op (what massive maps) :D I usually pirate games, but this I am so buying

20. ^Dee^

I used to do that and let my transport thingy hover over their base so the enemy would blow their own base up =D