Suicide or killspawn shouldnt showup on enemy feed

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Paradox, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

What the titel says.
    1. Makes no sense that you should know when other team suicides
    2. Makes games more intriguing
    3. Its not because historically all games do so that we should too

2. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I agree and maybe it should only show up if it's in range of your own infantry, like enemy buildings do. If an enemy suicides within this range then it shows up for everyone. If not it only shows up for their team.

3. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

I disagree with this. Already people get ninja'd extremely easily by killspawns, why make it even easier to do it? Hell, most people don't even notice it when it's happening and are surprised when their comm is killed in their own main.

What do you mean by this? Its not because other games do it, but we should too?

Other games also don't usually let you revive behind enemy lines to immediately kill the objective you have been fighting over for an hour.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  4. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I don't agree with you Trump. If people killspawn to ninja then they're doing it wrong. A proper ninja is done by loading an APC with people and using radar stealth.
    And it was done to me no sooner than last week-end on Chain (in a pub game), but if you have proper base defense and infantry spotting and patrolling it's totally manageable.
    No killspawning is definitely not the most dangerous part of ninjas. A squad that got itself killed and squad revived with a scout crawling up to you can accomplish more than people killspawning.
    Also I'm pretty sure you're taking PUB games as an example, which you shouldn't.

5. Paradox

It makes absolutely no sense that in scrims and pugs I can tell my team to be careful or watch out cause enemy teamjust kill spawned. How does that make any sense...

Also if you get ninjad by killspawns you deserve to die cause that means an APC is behind your lines ( you let it slip by ) or you let an engineer get near you undetected? ( you didnt build cameras or payed attention to the fucking minimap )

Im saying we have this killfeed historically cause this game is based on source and in source you can see the entire kill feed.
    Also it doesnt justify it being there because theres another feature that isnt historically grown. ( bad argument as hell )

6. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Honestly if you cover the name and show this to me 2 years later when I have long forgot, I'd say "Spike wrote this."
    Not the typo, but the reasoning.

Come on Paradox, I know you are better than this.

7. Paradox

It just doesnt make any sense that you should be getting information of team suicides and being to anticipate it. I mean only a dozen people probably actually pay attention to the feed, but it gives you so muchfucking information when people kill spawn.

Like IVe seen gmes where people proactively killspawn to be able to spawn in 10 seconds because they saw the other team killspawn. This shouldnt be at hing

8. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I don't know why you're saying that Security. Paradox is right on this one.
    Well, except for his 3rd point, we don't have it because other games do, we have it because it's default source and no one ever stopped and asked themselves "should we have it?".

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

I'm inclined to agree with this

but doesnt the weapon silencer skill hide suicides? (ive never used it)

10. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

When 99% of games are PUB games, the game should lean a bit more towards PUBs.

11. Avatarix

Why do we have the killfeed anyway? Removes tactical gameplay and only gives appreciation for riflemen owning dozens of frags and scunts.
    Without it people would focus more on using engi or grenadier against vehicles!

12. Paradox

Even in high level pubs I use the kill feed to detct ninjas. Also not true that you should develop for pubs. You should develop the game in the mindset that people know how the game works. I thought we had this discussion 100 time over already and always concluded that

Xyaminou likes this.
  13. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Yup, we did, and look where we are again...

14. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

But how will people know I killed someone in a tank with my calculator? Also it helps tell me what the enemy is or what they are using, so that's also nice. I mean with things like cameras I feel like arguments about data hiding is kinda irrelevant and not in the spirit of empires.

About this suggestion, this would definitely make things easier for ninjas because people can just die without having to die from the enemy hands or staying dead, the 2 normal ways of going undetected. I'm not sure I like that to be honest, it doesn't feel very hard to do ninjas as is. Oh sure, people have trouble now because teamwork is nearly dead, but in larger games there's usually enough competent people to pull one off.

15. Paradox

back on topic, its only if you suicide that you dont get a feed. All other kills still show up.

16. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

that should get a voice over anyway - "CALCULATED!" (in the UT announcer voice) :D
    id also find it funny if you could deconstruct players ^^

concerning kill messages and bc kill-squadrevive is a topic. i think squadrevive should be nerfed. not by it costing even more, but by it not working for everyone across the whole fucking map. give it a decent range, but its usage as offensive teleporter is just shit.

17. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Squad revive is a pretty bad feature to be honest.

18. Paradox

It does make the game a whole lot more fun! Adds so much to squadplay, imagine a scrim without squadrevive, fuck that

19. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I mean, the idea behind it is not bad, it's just the implementation (which obviously is limited by source and whatnot) could be done better. You shouldn't just click one button and spawn 4 people.
    There could be a casting time or a cooldown timer. Or you know implement a more realistic perspective, have your squad mates come from dropships from the sky by placing a beacon, that sort of stuff.
    Anything but, click and instantly revive 4 people.
    And yes I know Empires is a fast paced game but there is such a thing as too much.

20. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm not sure how I was off topic, but anyways I don't deny that but I just kinda like the penalties involved if you wanted to silently kill spawn somewhere.